Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
firerose818
Graduate student!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Glee - The New Rachel - 9/13/12

I really loved the music in this episode! And wow - Kate Hudson can dance!

I liked Marley a lot, but I'm not sure about the new Puck. I also loved Rachel and Kurt at the end.

So glad Glee is back!
firerose818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Is the "new Q" gonna be a main character? Will she cross over to the Glee club?

I like lunch lady's daughter. Is that Marley? I didn't peg Puck's brother until the end when he told Will "I'm not my brother". That is when I figured it out.

Glad Kurt won't be hanging out in high school. I too thought it was lame he was hanging out there so much.

I hope Rachel learns to dance better. Nice she did well for Whoopi's class. Harsh that she kicked one girl completely out of school over just a few bars.

LOLed when Britney asked of Unique "Did you cut your hair, Mercedes?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Drewster
Shooting blanks

I thought Kate Hudson's vocals were good, but not her dancing. If she were actually a really good dancer she'd have been front and center. Instead she was in the crowd and her feet were rarely shown.

I saw that Mark Salling is still in the opening credits. I take it he'll be back? What about Santana? (I assume we've seen the last of Finn.)

I was disappointed. I expect this will be the last season of Glee.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

I thought that for someone who is supposed to be a dance instructor, and for a character which boasts that she "can dance circles around all of you," I thought she, frankly, danced lousily. I don't believe her as a professional dancer.

In the head-to-head between Marley and Rachel, I actually preferred Marley's performance hands down. I thought Marley's voice had a richness to it that Rachel's didn't.

I did not care for "Unique" last season, and I'm not thrilled to see him back.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
xyz

Lea Michele posted on twitter today that she was shooting with Amber Riley (mercedes) and I read that Finn will not be in the first four episodes but then he will be back
Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

xyz: you might want to spoiler tag that. Some people believe casting news for future episodes are just as much of a spoiler as a plot spoiler.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
Cainebj

I thought this was an excellent direction for GLEE to take instead of the endless kids trapped in high school for 8 seasons trying to win nationals.

In fact - after the initial hit of GLEE I think it totally lost it's way and I feel like this was the best episode in ages.

The new characters are great - the old characters coming and going is great and I loved UNIQUE last season so so happy to see him as a member of the actual Glee club.

Now if they would just get rid of the dredd boy who won the reality show.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I thought this was an excellent direction for GLEE to take instead of the endless kids trapped in high school for 8 seasons trying to win nationals.

In fact - after the initial hit of GLEE I think it totally lost it's way and I feel like this was the best episode in ages.

The new characters are great - the old characters coming and going is great and I loved UNIQUE last season so so happy to see him as a member of the actual Glee club.

Now if they would just get rid of the dredd boy who won the reality show.
You know "Unique" is from the same show, and what you see on Glee is not really a character, that's him.

I found him annoying on TGP and I find him annoying on the show.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
You know "Unique" is from the same show, and what you see on Glee is not really a character, that's him.
Yes I did know that but I didn't watch the glee project, so you might know much more personal annoying background stuff. I think of the 3 - dredd boy and irish kid he's the best - the other 2 are god awful if you ask me
Old 09-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
Azlen

They're going to have way too many characters on this show. I think it would have been better to have a spin off show rather than trying to have two shows in one.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
I think that not spinning off Rachael and Kurt in to their own show is a big mistake. I would have been happier if they let the seniors graduate and continue with a mix of a new and old members of Glee club.

Out of all the people that supposedly signed up, they only added two members? Wasn't the Glee Club supposed to inclusive? And, if they truly are actually looking for talent this year, why is Sugar still in the club.

I do like Marley. I am glad the "new Rachael" is not just like the old Rachael. But did we really need a pre-Glee Club Quinn?

Are all the graduates still in the credits? Let the past go! Make them "Special Guest Stars" when they appear.
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
SNJpage1

I think the going back and forth is going to distroy the show. Either give them their own show or let them go. Shows in the past like MASH has proved that a central person can leave and a new one take their place and the show goes on being just as good.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #13
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I dunno how a spinoff would work. A separate, new show with Rachel and Kurt probably wouldn't do well. And Glee without either wouldn't do well either.

I too suspect this is the end of the road for the series. The show isn't M*A*S*H But it it had it's moments. Hopefully, there will be a few more before it's wrapped.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I too suspect this is the end of the road for the series.
isn't this season 4?
i think ya got 3 or 4 more years at least.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #15
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
I thought that for someone who is supposed to be a dance instructor, and for a character which boasts that she "can dance circles around all of you," I thought she, frankly, danced lousily. I don't believe her as a professional dancer.

In the head-to-head between Marley and Rachel, I actually preferred Marley's performance hands down. I thought Marley's voice had a richness to it that Rachel's didn't.

I did not care for "Unique" last season, and I'm not thrilled to see him back.
Marleys voice was that of an American Idol runner up. A teen pop star Disney voice. Rich? It was shallow. Tina sings rings around her.

Rachel is already a Broadway star in real life whose voice is so full of gusto an feeling.

I think you need a new sound system.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
TonyD79

Quote:
I dunno how a spinoff would work. A separate, new show with Rachel and Kurt probably wouldn't do well. And Glee without either wouldn't do well either.

I too suspect this is the end of the road for the series. The show isn't M*A*S*H But it it had it's moments. Hopefully, there will be a few more before it's wrapped.
And so it starts. Predictions of ends of shows next lead to TiVo community group think that the show is done and does not match its beginnings.

How about sitting back and watching rather than trying to produce, write and direct the show from an Internet forum. If it is good, it is good. If it is not, it is not. Rather than prejudge. The mind always looks for things that match its prejudgment.

Sometimes this place annoys the crap out of me. Too bad it is still one of the best places to talk about shows.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #17
Drewster
Shooting blanks

For what it's worth, I have always felt that this show won't be a long-running success. Even in season two I kinda felt that it'd go four seasons and that'd be it.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #18
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
And so it starts. Predictions of ends of shows next lead to TiVo community group think that the show is done and does not match its beginnings.

it started before I posted. I was just agreeing with it.

We always talk about the demise of shows. Just read threads about new shows starting this season. People will talk about pulling the plug after one episode. Or less.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #19
TonyD79

Quote:

it started before I posted. I was just agreeing with it.

We always talk about the demise of shows. Just read threads about new shows starting this season. People will talk about pulling the plug after one episode. Or less.
Didn't mean to single you out.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #20
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

I have this episode recorded and have not watched it yet.

The move to Thursdays opposite both Person of Interest and Parks and Rec may have made Glee the show that does not make the cut this season. It does not help that I was not thrilled with last season at all. I thought it was average at best.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #21
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Friday Night Lights did something similar. As kids graduated, they had them on, but they slowly drifted out of focus, except for a few main characters. It can work, it's just how Glee decides to handle it.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #22
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I was extremely happy with the new directions the show is taking. The NY scenes feel more like the Fame of old, while the HS scenes are what Glee always was.

It was always a bit unfortunate that Rachel was being played by a seasoned Broadway actress/singer, because she was always so much better than her fellow classmates. It just made the other people in the class look bad, when they really aren't that bad at all.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #23
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

I got around to watching this episode yesterday and, while I really liked the new female character, nothing really grabbed me.

The glee club was mainly being jerks again, which was one of the main reasons the show has been going downhill for me last season, and I am not sure that the apology at the end won't be forgotten and they wiil be jerks again next week.

Oh, and the Billy Joel song was the only one I liked, which is strange because I really like Ave Maria but agreed with Whoopi that it was not that great.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #24
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Really? I thought just the oppposite. Marley has a pleasant enough voice, but it's rather thin, and I imagine her range is rather limited. Rachel (Lea Michele), on the other hand, has an outstanding voice, and I thought she overpowered Marley rather easily (and really without even trying). The difference when they cut back and forth was rather jarring.

That said, that was the only number that I really liked on the show, which doesn't bode well for the show unless Rachel somehow manages to be a part of every episode. The "Call Me Maybe" cover was pretty bad, I thought (and I love that song as much as any 12-year old girl does).
Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post

Out of all the people that supposedly signed up, they only added two members? Wasn't the Glee Club supposed to inclusive? And, if they truly are actually looking for talent this year, why is Sugar still in the club.

Her dad is very wealthy and if I recall bought a ton of equipment last year.
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #26
alpacaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
I was extremely happy with the new directions the show is taking.
new directions... you did that on purpose.
alpacaboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #27
aaronw

Was I the only one to catch Jacob Ben Israel's 'See You Next Tina' after Tina was mean to one of the other girls? (google See You Next Tuesday if you don't get the reference...)
aaronw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #28
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Ha!

I heard it, but didn't "get it" until I saw you write it out.
Robin is online now   Reply With Quote