TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
calitivo

NFL RedZone not working on XL4

Bought a new XL4 and haven't been able to get RedZone channels (SD & HD) working on it. My old Series 3 cablecards receive RedZone and I have already tried swapping them into the XL4 without success.

Verizon sent me a new cablecard and same situation. I do receive HBO on that card without problems once I have them pair the card. But I can't seem to get RedZone working on it.

Doesn't make sense that it would be a hardware problem because it receives HBO. Fios support is awful like all other cable companies. Very frustrating hold times and general stupidity in the people I am talking to.

Anybody have any ideas of why this is happening? I had the HBO problems a few weeks ago on the S3, but was fixed once they manually input the Data ID I gave them.
calitivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
WhiskeyTango

Sounds like a cable card problem to me. FIOS isn't properly authorizing that channel for you on that card.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
TerpBE
Go Terps!

Apparently you need to "activate" Redzone before you can get it (even if it's part of your plan). This is easy if you have a fios set-top box, but apparently nobody really knows how to do it if you're only using cablecards.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
jay_man2
jay_man-also

I got Verizon to give me a free set top box which I installed long enough to reactivate the channel. I picked it up from a Verizon Experience store, and returned it the next day.

After tuning to the channel and hitting ok twice it still took over an hour and a router reboot for the channels to activate on my Tivos.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
dsnotgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_man2 View Post
I got Verizon to give me a free set top box which I installed long enough to reactivate the channel. I picked it up from a Verizon Experience store, and returned it the next day.

After tuning to the channel and hitting ok twice it still took over an hour and a router reboot for the channels to activate on my Tivos.

Yes, I did the same. I have a standard box and I used it to activate red zone and it works fine on my TiVo now.
dsnotgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
calitivo

Thanks for the input. Got it fixed once it got elevated to a Fios team that watches out for people who are calling in many times in a certain timeframe. The front line tech support are really bad with cablecards from my experience. I actually had a guy reading from a script when I called in.

Verizon claims RedZone issues the last weekend were not isolated to cablecards, but who knows. Supposedly, Verizon has bought x number of subscriptions from the NFL and combined with the Ultimate package situation (which I don't have), it's a mess for their systems. Clearly the lack of a cable box had something to do with it.

3 years running that RZ hasn't automatically worked without intervention on their part. I would recommend anybody with a similar issue call the special Verizon line at 888-959-5227. These people are way more intelligent than the front line tech support.
calitivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
TerpBE
Go Terps!

I've had a practically unused FIOS box for the past 3 years. Two weeks ago I decided to return it so I could stop wasting the $5/month or whatever it is. Of course now is the first time I actually need one.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by calitivo View Post
Thanks for the input. Got it fixed once it got elevated to a Fios team that watches out for people who are calling in many times in a certain timeframe. The front line tech support are really bad with cablecards from my experience. I actually had a guy reading from a script when I called in.

Verizon claims RedZone issues the last weekend were not isolated to cablecards, but who knows. Supposedly, Verizon has bought x number of subscriptions from the NFL and combined with the Ultimate package situation (which I don't have), it's a mess for their systems. Clearly the lack of a cable box had something to do with it.

3 years running that RZ hasn't automatically worked without intervention on their part. I would recommend anybody with a similar issue call the special Verizon line at 888-959-5227. These people are way more intelligent than the front line tech support.
This is the first year I had an issue with RedZone. The previous years it showed up fine.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
TerpBE
Go Terps!

If you're unable to get your RedZone activated, try tweeting @VerizonSupport. I just did, and they said everything is now good to go (I'm not home so I can't check until later). They also said anybody else with problems should get in touch with them. They're pretty quick to reply.