TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #31
mattack

But if you know you'll want to watch outside your house, you can sideload ahead of time.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #32
Dan203
Super Moderator

Not everyone has that option due to abuse of the copyright flag by some cable companies.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #33
joelw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackymann View Post
The only time I EVER want to stream from my TiVo is when I am out of the house. I realize other people have a use for streaming within their home, but I don't. If/when they offer streaming over the internet, I will buy one. My Slingbox is great, but if there is someone home, you have to watch what they are watching (or vice versa). Getting rid of that restriction would definitely be worth way more than $129 to me.
Have you thought about splitting your signal so that the Slingbox has its own? I've done this, so I don't have to worry about what's being watched at home. My cable company (Cablevision) makes me pay for another box, but it's worth it to me.
joelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #34
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelw View Post
Have you thought about splitting your signal so that the Slingbox has its own? I've done this, so I don't have to worry about what's being watched at home. My cable company (Cablevision) makes me pay for another box, but it's worth it to me.
But then you can only watch live TV. Unless you dedicate a DVR to the Slingbox, which wouldn't be very practical for most people. Although once the Mini comes out maybe you could connect the Slingbox to it. Since it streams over the network it does not interrupt the person watching the actual TiVo. Plus they should be cheaper and wont require a CableCARD so dedicating one to a SlingBox wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote