TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
modnar

Stream Purchase Availability? (now available at some Best Buy stores)

Has anyone seen the Stream available for purchase somewhere other than TiVo.com yet?

I'm curious to see if there's a better price anywhere else.

(Is this the first post in the new forum?)

Last edited by modnar : 09-10-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: indicating availability at Best Buy in Title
modnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
modnar

Of course, it looks like there are a few posts on this in the Premiere forums.

Someone noted over there that this release indicates availability at Best Buy and Magnolia stores soon. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tivo-l...120000424.html
Old 09-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
Flojomojo
Handsome Devil

Whatever "soon" means. I've been waiting for this kind of easy-to-use functionality for a long time, so I ordered one from Tivo.com today.
Flojomojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flojomojo View Post
Whatever "soon" means. I've been waiting for this kind of easy-to-use functionality for a long time, so I ordered one from Tivo.com today.
TiVo appreciates that since they don't have to share in the revenue with Best Buy!
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
d_anders
Sr Legacy Member

Bought mine with the Facebook sweepstakes farce....despite not being picked, I was able to order the day it was available for pre-order, and it arrived on yesterday, Sept 5.

Setup was easy and it's working great. So far, this is meeting initial expectations... Streaming is good, and downloads are utterly fantastic and fast!...you can even select different sized files for size/speed...no more TiVoDesktop middle man for my situation....as I just want the ability to move shows to my iPad for road trips, etc.

Now if Apple could allow some real multi-tasking in iOS, Tivo could add background and scheduled downloads without having to have the App open. Also, Streaming and downloading away from the home network would be ideal....but certainly very happy to have this.

Besides that...

The only thing I noticed is that upon closing the Tivo app on my Ipad, when I restarted the app, and I needed to go back to settings in the app and resetup the communication between the Stream and both of my Tivo Premieres.

I hope this was just an anomoly, and I will be checking on this more in the coming days. If anyone else is seeing this, please post.

And alternatively, please post if you are able to close the app, and when reopening the app, the connectivity between the TiVoStream and your Premiere(s) doesn't have to be setup again.

Tip 2 - Use hard wired ethernet or MOCA adapters

2 Premieres - Current
Series 1 - Retired
Series 2 - Retired
Series 2 DT - Retired
TiVo HD - Retired

Last edited by d_anders : 09-06-2012 at 11:59 AM.
d_anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

I have no forced the app to quit, but I have closed and reopened it repeatedly without losing connection to the Stream.

One oddity is that I did have to go through the Stream setup process for each of my two Premiere units.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
jbaum

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_anders View Post
Bought mine with the Facebook sweepstakes farce....despite not being picked, I was able to order the day it was available for pre-order, and it arrived on yesterday, Sept 5.
I wasn't picked and mine shipped ground. Am I the only one who preordered and am still waiting for it????
jbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
Dan203
Super Moderator

I wasn't picked and got mine yesterday via overnight. Did you tell them you weren't picked?

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #9
modnar

I ordered mine from TiVo.com Thursday morning. It shipped Thursday via UPS Ground (the shipping method I chose) and is scheduled for delivery on Monday. It's shipping from Fort Worth, so it doesn't have far to go to make it to me.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
vectorcatch

ABT Electronics has it for "preorder" with free shipping. No telling when they will get it though unless someone wants to call.

http://www.abt.com/product/63812/TiVo-TCDA94000.html

So this site seems to have done something weird to the link by adding in a referral. If you copy and paste the link it will work fine.
vectorcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
NYHeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorcatch View Post
ABT Electronics has it for "preorder" with free shipping. No telling when they will get it though unless someone wants to call.

http://www.abt.com/product/63812/TiVo-TCDA94000.html

So this site seems to have done something weird to the link by adding in a referral. If you copy and paste the link it will work fine.
Interesting as they don't collect sales tax there for me either. So I'd save about $17 in shipping and tax. Maybe I'll give them a call soon.
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
mpf541

I called ABT and they have no idea when it will be in. But he said they have 12 on order and 3 people placed orders. I then called Tivo and complained that I did not get picked and one of their partners was giving me a better deal than they were. Took some complaining but I got a credit back for shipping from them.
mpf541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #13
SugarBowl

available now
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/TIVO+INC...tivo&cp=1&lp=4
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
aaronwt
HD Addict

They were available at the local BestBuys in my area this weekend. They only had one left when I was at a bestBuy yesterday.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #15
modnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
They were available at the local BestBuys in my area this weekend. They only had one left when I was at a bestBuy yesterday.
They're not available in my local store but they are in a store about 30 minutes away. Oh well, mine is on the UPS truck for delivery today, anyway.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #16
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

I ordered one from tivo.com, ended up picking one up from bestbuy but its DOA, will return the best buy one and just wait for the one from tivo.
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote