TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Raoul99
A/V Addict

Missing Guide Info...

On 8/12/2012, I filled out the form on Tivo.Com for missing guide info. I have Comcast, and had 18 channels (at least, those were only the ones I checked) that were missing guide info...all that shows is "to be announced". A few days later I received a message on the Tivo that 4 of them have been added. I then added to the form online, and called customer service, and was told it would be "5~7 business days". I have since made ,I believe,3 additional calls (including one today), but they tell me that they do not directly control the guide info, and it must be corrected by Tribune Media. They say that they've tried to escalate it but there is only so much that they can do. I did receive 3 additional channels on 9/5/2012, but I'm still missing 11...

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions about what I should do now? Anyway I can contact anyone "higher up" at Tivo? If so, would it do any good? It's been 4 weeks and I'm getting really frustrated. I have 3 Tivos with lifetime service, and I just added a Premiere with lifetime service this week...which I'm really going to regret doing if I can't get this straightened out...
Raoul99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul99 View Post
On 8/12/2012, I filled out the form on Tivo.Com for missing guide info. I have Comcast, and had 18 channels (at least, those were only the ones I checked) that were missing guide info...all that shows is "to be announced". A few days later I received a message on the Tivo that 4 of them have been added. I then added to the form online, and called customer service, and was told it would be "5~7 business days". I have since made ,I believe,3 additional calls (including one today), but they tell me that they do not directly control the guide info, and it must be corrected by Tribune Media. They say that they've tried to escalate it but there is only so much that they can do. I did receive 3 additional channels on 9/5/2012, but I'm still missing 11...

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions about what I should do now? Anyway I can contact anyone "higher up" at Tivo? If so, would it do any good? It's been 4 weeks and I'm getting really frustrated. I have 3 Tivos with lifetime service, and I just added a Premiere with lifetime service this week...which I'm really going to regret doing if I can't get this straightened out...
You could go to zap2it.com, check the lineup there and if it is missing the same channels, report it to them. zap2it is owned by Tribune.

BTW, where are you, what is your zipcode, what lineup are you using, and what channels are still missing?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Raoul99
A/V Addict

Thanks for the response and for recommending zap2it.com. I checked their guide and it was missing the same channels for info. I filled out their web form, and also asked them to correct the guide info for Tivo. I hope I hear from them soon. I rechecked my channels again and found additional ones that are missing...the count now is up to 15. I added the additional channels to the online form at Tivo...

I live in a small town in Central Mass., which could be the reason it's taking them so long to correct this.
Raoul99 is offline   Reply With Quote