TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #31
mr.unnatural

I downloaded it to my Motorola RAZR the minute I heard about it several days ago. Now I just need to set it up on my HTPC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_ironman View Post
I just got an HTPC set up with an indoor OTA antenna and Hauppauge 2250 as a test drive. So far, I've been more than pleased with how everything looks and works. I'm not an expert when it comes to PCs, but I'm not a rookie either. (Think someone who can install RAM, but not build the thing from scratch.)
Trust me, if you can install RAM then you can build a PC from scratch. It's mostly a matter of mounting the CPU and cooler, installing the RAM, mounting the motherboard to the case, installing the PSU, installing a hard drive(s) and optical drive, plugging in cards and then plugging in a bunch of wires. If you can handle a screwdriver then you can build a PC.

Connect a keyboard, mouse, and monitor and boot that puppy up. Go into the BIOS and make a few selections for proper boot sequence and possibly a setting or two (there are lots of guides that will tell you what needs to be configured), insert the Windows installation disc into the optical drive, save your settings and let it boot to the installation disc. From there it's just a matter of installing software.

FYI - only install one hard drive initially or you may have problems getting Windows 7 to install properly. Once you've gotten past the OS installation you can add as many drives as you want.

Last edited by mr.unnatural : 09-08-2012 at 09:30 AM.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote