Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Big Brother - 9/6/2012 episode

No thread yet? You guys are slipping.

Quite an episode for Dan. Finally gets rid of Frank. Wins HoH and then after Ian uses the veto, puts up Danielle knowing she'd get no votes to go home. I used to think Dr. Will was the best at this game, but Dan definitely is. The trick for Dan is now to see if he can get to the end (which I think is becoming more and more of a foregone conclusion) and getting enough people to vote for him to win again.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

If he does make it to the end and doesn't win, it will be the greatest travesty in reality show history.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Too funny when Joe started talking to Dan about Dan, thinking he was talking to Shane.

Aside from Ian, Dan has no mental competition left in the house. Eventually the others will realize that they have to get Dan out, but it will probably be too late to ensure his departure by the time that happens.

Last week, someone tweeted onscreen that Dan needs to get a new shirt. The same comment could have been made last night - every shot of Dan showed him wearing that red shirt. I don't even know what that shirt says.
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Last week, someone tweeted onscreen that Dan needs to get a new shirt. The same comment could have been made last night - every shot of Dan showed him wearing that red shirt. I don't even know what that shirt says.
I can't believe I actually looked this up... From Dan's blog:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
pmyers

Joe talking to Dan, about Dan might be the funniest thing I've seen on this show (except for the Zingbot).
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

I don't really understand why he put up Ian other than to try to convince Jenn that he's not in an alliance with him. But then wouldn't Ian get mad at dan?

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Ian thinks that Dan is trying to keep their "alliance" secret, so it wouldn't be a big surprise for Dan to just do it to protect that secret. And that Joe would go home in that scenario anyways. Why piss off Jen?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Ian thinks that Dan is trying to keep their "alliance" secret, so it wouldn't be a big surprise for Dan to just do it to protect that secret. And that Joe would go home in that scenario anyways. Why piss off Jen?
Yeah..from Ian's reaction it didn't look like he was surprised or upset.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Too funny when Joe started talking to Dan about Dan, thinking he was talking to Shane.
That was so funny! Too bad Dan didn't play along for a few minutes. No telling what Joe would have said to him.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
Shaunnick

I enjoyed Dan's slip up also, when thinking ahead to next week while talking with Frank, Dan wonders what if Joe wins HOH.

Hahahahahaha.

Frank's reaction was perfect. Confused but he just couldn't quite connect the dots.
Shaunnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
I enjoyed Dan's slip up also, when thinking ahead to next week while talking with Frank, Dan wonders what if Joe wins HOH.

Hahahahahaha.

Frank's reaction was perfect. Confused but he just couldn't quite connect the dots.
I bet that conversation is weighing heavy on Frank right about now.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
I bet that conversation is weighing heavy on Frank right about now.
There's nothing he could have done to rectify anything.

I liked when Frank admitted to Julie that there were indeed hard feelings towards Dan.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #13
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
I liked when Frank admitted to Julie that there were indeed hard feelings towards Dan.

That was great! He was ticked!!

I wonder if during his stay in the jury house, the animosity will start to wane and he will be able to appreciate Dan's game play? Or if Dan can just go ahead and write off Frank's vote right now?

*if he were to make final 2
Old 09-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

And this is why I think that even if Dan gets to the finals, he might not win.

1) He might build up some animosity with those he's stabbed in the back (Frank and Brittany for sure).

2) He already won once, they may decide to give it to someone else.

But if this is looked at purely from a game play standpoint, he should win. Only Ian would have ANY kind of argument, by saying he orchestrated Boogie's departure and the Quack Pack was his idea.

Ian just looked like a nervous wreck throughout the double elimination. I like how he admitted he's probably ADHD and his symptoms remind me of my son who suffers the same affliction.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #15
jpwoof

could someone please tell me if the next HoH is the most important one? What happens in Final 4 and why is it a big deal?
jpwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwoof View Post
could someone please tell me if the next HoH is the most important one? What happens in Final 4 and why is it a big deal?
Usually the last HoH is more important because they do it in 3 parts. Winner of the 1st part goes up against the winner of the 2nd part in the 3rd part to determine who is HoH. That HoH then can decide who to go with to the finals.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #17
jpwoof

Quote:
Usually the last HoH is more important because they do it in 3 parts. Winner of the 1st part goes up against the winner of the 2nd part in the 3rd part to determine who is HoH. That HoH then can decide who to go with to the finals.
oh.. so the fate of the next HoH (this sunday) hangs in the balance, because you won't be able to play for the last and most important HoH.
jpwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #18
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
oh.. so the fate of the next HoH (this sunday) hangs in the balance, because you won't be able to play for the last and most important HoH.
Everybody always gets to play for the final HoH. I'm not sure of the timing of what is happening this season, but everybody wants to win the last HoH mostly so they guarantee themselves a shot at the money in the end. And they get to decide who to go to the end with.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #19
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
That was great! He was ticked!!

I wonder if during his stay in the jury house, the animosity will start to wane and he will be able to appreciate Dan's game play? Or if Dan can just go ahead and write off Frank's vote right now?

*if he were to make final 2
Boogie will convince him to vote with who played the best and set feeling aside.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #20
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Boogie will convince him to vote with who played the best and set feeling aside.
Boogie ain't there to coach. He was the last person out before the jury was started.
Shaunnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #21
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

One thing I miss, no visit to the Jury House. I always love watching people's reactions when they see who is coming in and how they got there.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
2004raptor

I can't stand Dan. I won't even admit he's the best at this game. Dr. Will did this without any roadmap to follow. Dan has had numerous seasons to watch and study and plan out his strategy. Also, its alot less about dan being smart and more about the others being complete morons. Of course, I'm just a Dan hater so my opinion means nothing.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #23
EscapeGoat
wPod

Quote:
Winning HOH in the final 4 makes you safe and able to play in the last HOH comp. The power to nominate players doesn't matter at that point. The real power in the final four is with the POV winner, especially if someone other than the HOH wins. If a non-HOH player wins the final POV, they get to keep themselves off the block and be the single vote to decide who gets evicted.
EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #24
dirtypacman
Coming and going

This season has been pretty bad overall. Big Brother just can't do enough new things to surprise me any longer, their twists are pretty lame. Dan has played a very good game but has made one to many enemies in the jury. He could be the next Russell (survivor reference), best dam game you could play but still not go home with the prize because of the hurt feelings lol.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #25
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
I can't stand Dan. I won't even admit he's the best at this game. Dr. Will did this without any roadmap to follow. Dan has had numerous seasons to watch and study and plan out his strategy. Also, its alot less about dan being smart and more about the others being complete morons. Of course, I'm just a Dan hater so my opinion means nothing.
Will didn't have a roadmap, but neither did any of his competition that season. Houseguests were probably more likely to trust people during that season. Now after 13 seasons, no one should be trusted...especially a former winner.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #26
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
This season has been pretty bad overall. Big Brother just can't do enough new things to surprise me any longer, their twists are pretty lame. Dan has played a very good game but has made one to many enemies in the jury. He could be the next Russell (survivor reference), best dam game you could play but still not go home with the prize because of the hurt feelings lol.
If Evel Dick and Boogie got enought votes to win in the past, then Dan shoule have no problem.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #27
Dnamertz

Quote:
Isn't he assuming Jen is already pissed because he just betrayed their alliance by voting out Frank? Why piss off not one, but two members of the Quack Pack when Jen is sitting right there as the obvious nomination? I was confused about his nominations.

Dan might be able to explain himself out of nominating Ian (by saying he wants people to think they don't have a final two deal). But then once he nominated Danielle (presumably giving her the same explanation) then it seems that either Ian or Danielle would realize "wait, he nominated me to keep our final two deal secret, so he must have nominated you for the same reason".
Old 09-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
jcondon

Quote:
Agreed. He was going out last night regardless. Would have been cool if Frank blew up Dan's game though by saying I guess this means our final 2 is no more? And even bigger would have been to tell Ian it was Dan behind pushing Brittany out the door.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #29
jcondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
And this is why I think that even if Dan gets to the finals, he might not win.
Seems most of the time people cool off and vote for the best player left. Not always and I haven't watch as many seasons as you have but I think 75% of the time at least people vote for who deserved it.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #30
Tracy
Truly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
One thing I miss, no visit to the Jury House. I always love watching people's reactions when they see who is coming in and how they got there.
Hopefully they will catch us up on that soon. I always really enjoy those parts, too. I think they didn't have time during a double eviction episode.