Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #271
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Nah...he's a straight arrow. Which makes his revelation that Walt is somehow involved even more interesting...
Right, but he might not have a choice.
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #272
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Nah...he's a straight arrow. Which makes his revelation that Walt is somehow involved even more interesting...
Is he a straight arrow? He beat up those guys in the bar in season 2, after leaving his badge and gun in the car, and later lied about it.

He beat up Jesse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #273
SeanC
ECT

If it were only Hank's life that would be impacted, from what we've seen of Hank so far I would expect Hank to be the staight arrow until the end, regardless of what would happen to his career.

Now, with his wife, Skyler and the kids in the mix? I dunno, I could see him bending his morals to avoid hurting them.

In the end though I do expect Hank to fall on the sword if it is necessary.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #274
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer
Hank is going to suspect that Walt is the(a) cook, but never that he killed Fring and just ordered the hits on 10 guys.
But will Walt's ego be able to keep that a secret.

I was surprised at Walt stopping things so, well, quickly. I mean wouldn't the distributors be a bit miffed at that and Lydia had things all laid out for him. Maybe I need to go back and rewatch the show. What was with the ricin at the meeting with her?

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #275
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post

I was surprised at Walt stopping things so, well, quickly. I mean wouldn't the distributors be a bit miffed at that and Lydia had things all laid out for him. Maybe I need to go back and rewatch the show. What was with the ricin at the meeting with her?
His plan could have been, once she gave the names, she was not disposable. And ricin her drink.

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #276
Hank
AC•FTW

I was thinking, what if in the inscription in "Leaves of Grass", Gale didn't sign it "G.B" but just left it unsigned. Clearly, Hank would have still made the connection, but it would have been slightly less damming for Walter. Just a little more ambiguous as to what exactly Hank could do with that information. From Dexter, isn't there a "chain of custody" for evidence, so how would Hank be able to admit the book to evidence, since it has his fingerprints all over it? (<seinfeld>Sorry, this book has been in the bathroom</seinfeld>). I don't know, just throwing it out there.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #277
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
The music choices were a hoot,

"Crystal Blue Persuasion," indeed.
When Bryan Cranston went on Letterman, Paul and the band played that as he walked on stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
I think we'll see the white supremacists being Walt's problem that requires the big gun. Watch Todd and Uncle Nazi decide they want the meth and money business to fund the revolution against the muslin President.
I missed the reference to them being white supremacists. Did they have swastika tats or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
In a podcast I listened to, they said that in the S3 episode in question, Walt and Gale discuss their shared love of Walt Whitman, and then later in the episode, Walt is seen looking through the book. So while the giving of the gift was not done outright on screen, it seems to have been implied that the book came from Gale.

Even if it wasn't implied at the time, the inscription which we now were able to read in this episode makes it pretty clear where Walt got the book.
Gale's fingerprints are on the book and it was found in Walt's bathroom. There's your physical evidence connecting the two.

Last week, everyone poo-pooed me when I said Todd's relatives in prison would take care of the nine.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #278
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
His plan could have been, once she gave the names, she was not disposable. And ricin her drink.
Lydia, What in the world can that be?

Old 09-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #279
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I was thinking, what if in the inscription in "Leaves of Grass", Gale didn't sign it "G.B" but just left it unsigned. Clearly, Hank would have still made the connection, but it would have been slightly less damming for Walter. Just a little more ambiguous as to what exactly Hank could do with that information. From Dexter, isn't there a "chain of custody" for evidence, so how would Hank be able to admit the book to evidence, since it has his fingerprints all over it? (<seinfeld>Sorry, this book has been in the bathroom</seinfeld>). I don't know, just throwing it out there.
I don't think the book itself matters much; what matters is that now Hank is on the scent. He'll start putting other pieces together now that he's had the "a ha" moment.
| Twitter:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #280
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I missed the reference to them being white supremacists. Did they have swastika tats or something?
Yes.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #281
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Lydia, What in the world can that be?

Iocane. I'd bet my life on it.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #282
rrrobinsonjr

Quote:
I was thinking, what if in the inscription in "Leaves of Grass", Gale didn't sign it "G.B" but just left it unsigned. Clearly, Hank would have still made the connection, but it would have been slightly less damming for Walter.
Very slightly. The handwriting was an obvious match to Gale's lab notes.
rrrobinsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #283
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I couldn't figure out why the heck Walt would have that in his bathroom.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #284
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
On a side note, I was at a party Sunday and picked these up for myself. The party was a lot of people that really don't watch tv and didn't get my BB jokes about my drink ("liquid blue meth" "Walter White special martini" and "Yo, bitches, it's the drink" and such) Well, then a gang of younger guys showed up and we sat and talked Breaking Bad for about an hour.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #285
astrohip
Stuart F

Great interview with 'Breaking Bad' creator Vince Gilligan. No spoilers, but some fascinating insight into what has been, and what will be (not spoilers, just his general musings). He also discusses the passage of time (is it 2007, is it the present day?), and more.

If you read these threads, you should read this interview.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...r-walter-white
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #286
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I don't think the book itself matters much; what matters is that now Hank is on the scent. He'll start putting other pieces together now that he's had the "a ha" moment.
What Dan said. Hank won't need the book for evidence. It's just the thing that put him on the trail, and he'll now be able to start investigating and finding more stuff now that he has a strong suspicion that Walt was involved with Gale.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #287
VegasVic
Craps Player

That's an interesting interview, thanks for posting
Old 09-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #288
WhiskeyTango

Walter White Arrested on Meth Charges
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #289
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

The most amazing Breaking Bad compilation you'll ever see. (Fair warning: Spoilers for all seasons, all episodes included)

The Journey of Walter White

audioscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #290
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioscience View Post
The most amazing Breaking Bad compilation you'll ever see. (Fair warning: Spoilers for all seasons, all episodes included)

Wow, that was really impressive. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #291
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:

WOW!!

That was really well done.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #292
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Looks like Gilligan pretty clearly answers the debate we had in the last episode about whether the DEA got Kaylee's money:

Quote:
Sepinwall: And just to clarify, I assumed the feds seized Kaylee's money along with the other boxes, but some of my readers have held out hope that it was untouched.

Vince Gilligan: Oh, yeah, they got her money. Saul even says this is the second time they're taking the bankroll. Kaylee does not get her trust fund.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #293
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
WOW!!

That was really well done.
I love the beginning where he talks about chemistry and change being like life. He lays out the whole story arc right there.
audioscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #294
Hank
AC•FTW

Very disapointed! For about a week now, AMC has been collecting hundreds of "fan" questions on their website to ask Vince Gillgan. They just published the ones they picked to answer. In the 1000 or so questions people posted, there were some really good questions (80% were junk, but in the remaining 20% were some very good ones).

And these are the best ones they choose? These are OK, but really, they could have done so much better.

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/...iew-part-i.php

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/...ew-part-ii.php
Old 09-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #295
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
I love the beginning where he talks about chemistry and change being like life. He lays out the whole story arc right there.

yup. It was done with great care. Found some good monologues and stiched together some scenes to go with it.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #296
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

You know, after watching this, I think no matter what happens to Walt in the end, he's better off after having gone through all this than if it never happened. He'd probably be dead now, otherwise. Instead he spent an extremely lively year or more doing something completely different, in a world completely new to him. No matter how you might look at it, he lived during this time. LIVED. It's practically like a real-life year-long visit to a resort-of-the-future a-la-WestWorld.

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #297
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Sure, he would be dead. But there would be more other people ALIVE.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #298
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Someone made a chart of every death linked to Walter White:

You can find the full story here.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #299
bsnelson
I'm an Android, baby

TC CLUB MEMBER
That video is complete awesomeness. Complete.

Brad
bsnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #300
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post

I kind of sense Lydia's main goal at this point is to not get killed.

I think if Walt wants to stop she'll happily take that.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote