TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

Polyamory (SHO)

My wife and I recently came across Showtime's reality show Polyamory. It follows two polyamorous groups, a "triad" consisting of a married couple and their girlfriend, and a "quad" of two married couples living together.

What a weird group of people. In the quad arrangement, one of the husbands is a total perv, pushing his wife relentlessly to let him hook up with her girlfriend (outside of the 4 people in the quad). The wife of the other husband is so neurotic and awkward about the whole arrangement, that you have to think she grudgingly goes along with everything in order to stay in her relationship. For a show about relationships with multiple sex partners, there is very little that is sexual about any of the four.

The triad almost seems normal by comparison. My main question is how did the Pauly Shore look alike guy manage to get two attractive women. The girlfriend of the triad couple is clearly insecure - she proposes to the couple and wants them all to get rings tattooed on their fingers because, as she says, you can't "just take a tattoo off."

It is an interesting show, and it really underscored the feeling I got when watching HBO's drama Big Love (about one guy with several wives): being in a relationship with more than one partner seems like a HUGE PITA!
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
sharkster

Ha! Pauly Shore lookalike guy! I never thought of that. He's kind of cute in a way, I suppose, but maybe not enough to get two hot chicks.

The only person who really creeps me out on the show is Jen. She is an odd duck. Joins a poly and seems to have all her own rules for everybody. She needs to either relax or get out of the group, IMO.

I watched the entire season and enjoyed the show. I never saw anything here on it, so I just figured I was the only one watching. Wonder if there is going to be a season 2. Now, after 'The Real L Word' is season two of 'Gigolos'. Love both of those shows too.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
It is an interesting show, and it really underscored the feeling I got when watching HBO's drama Big Love (about one guy with several wives): being in a relationship with more than one partner seems like a HUGE PITA!
Yeah he has it rough, with a hawt Mary Mccormack and Sasha Grey lookalikes as partners.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote