TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #61
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Mike didn't hunt Tess down, she came to him. Maybe he fell right into bed with her, but he didn't go out searching for a Rachel replacement.

Rachel came to him after rejecting him when he was in need and reaching out to her. They keep shutting each other down and then changing their minds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #62
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Mike didn't hunt Tess down, she came to him. Maybe he fell right into bed with her, but he didn't go out searching for a Rachel replacement.

Rachel came to him after rejecting him when he was in need and reaching out to her. They keep shutting each other down and then changing their minds.
Actually, I'm pretty sure in that final scene, she said that Mike called her (and that she came when he called). I wouldn't classify it as Mike hunting her down, but he did go seeking someone by giving her a call after being rejected by Rachel.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #63
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure in that final scene, she said that Mike called her (and that she came when he called). I wouldn't classify it as Mike hunting her down, but he did go seeking someone by giving her a call after being rejected by Rachel.
Okay, I think I need to go watch the whole episode again. Oy. First I thought it was Jenny, and now didn't get that he called her, I thought she just knocked on his door like Rachel did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #64
wprager

OMG, it just hit me -- mike ROSS and RACHEL.

Yeah, I know it's probably a smeek
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #65
Lori
Social Defective

Mike said in the pilot that he passed the bar.

I still have that ep on my DVR...I'll try to find the quote.

ETA: I found a transcript of the pilot. Here's the quote:

Quote:
MIKE: What if I told you I consume knowledge like no one you've ever met and I've actually passed the bar?

HARVEY: I'd say you're full of crap.

MIKE: [Pointing at a book on the desk] That's a BarBri Legal Handbook right there, right? Open it up. Read me something. Anything.

[Harvey picks up the book, he looks slightly intrigued, but also doubtful. He opens it up and starts reading.]

HARVEY: Civil liability associated with agency is based on several factors, including-

MIKE: Including the deviation of the agent from his path, the reasonable imprints of agency on behalf of the plaintiff, and the nature of the damages themselves.

HARVEY: [Shocked] How did you know that?

MIKE: I learned it. When I studied. For the bar.

HARVEY: Okay, hotshot. Fire up this laptop. [Stands and walks to the other side of the desk as Mike sits in Harvey's seat and fires up the laptop] I'm gonna show you what a Harvard attorney can do. Pick a topic.

MIKE: Stock option backdating.

HARVEY: Although backdating options is legal, violations arised related to disclosures under RIC section 409A.

MIKE: You forgot about Sarbanes-Oxley.

HARVEY: The statute of limitations render Sarbanes-Oxley mute post-2007.

MIKE: Well, not if you can find actions to cover up the violation as established in the Sixth Circuit May 2008.

HARVEY: [Stumped] That's impressive, but you're sitting at a computer.

MIKE: [Turning the laptop around] Playing Hearts. Sorry, if you want to beat me, you're gonna have to do it at something else. [Closes the laptop.]

HARVEY: How can you know all that?

MIKE: I told you. I like to read. And once I read something, I understand it, and once I understand it, I never forget it.

HARVEY: Why take the bar?

MIKE: This ******** bet me I couldn't pass it without going to law school.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB

Last edited by Lori : 01-16-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Lori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #66
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
Mike said in the pilot that he passed the bar.

I still have that ep on my DVR...I'll try to find the quote.

ETA: I found a transcript of the pilot. Here's the quote:
We have a new episode this week!!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #67
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
We have a new episode this week!!
I know!

I just finished everything I had saved on the DVR, so the timing is perfect.

This might be my favorite show on TV right now.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Old 01-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #68
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
I know!

I just finished everything I had saved on the DVR, so the timing is perfect.

This might be my favorite show on TV right now.
It's definitely one of mine. It was nice to see this show up on my ToDo list!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #69
smak
TV MA SLV

Anybody watch any of the first 10 episodes of this season that they recently re-aired?

They are bleeping words that they were allowed to say the first time they aired. I guess the re-air is at earlier times of the day, but it's weird.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #70
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
Anybody watch any of the first 10 episodes of this season that they recently re-aired?

They are bleeping words that they were allowed to say the first time they aired. I guess the re-air is at earlier times of the day, but it's weird.

-smak-
I watched them on USA On Demand, and nothing was beeped.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #71
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

-smak-
If they are aired during the day, or sometimes early in primetime, they bleep out the curse words. I have noticed this with episodes of Mad Men that I recorded during morning hours.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #72
aaronw

Quote:

-smak-
Yep, I noticed they bleeped the curse words (as well as censored them in the CC) this time around, and I distinctly remember hearing (and seeing) them when it was on late nights.
aaronw is offline   Reply With Quote