TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #31
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneless View Post
[color="Blue"]My fox affiliate is channel 3 and can get guide data. I have to enter 46-3 to get the HD OTA fox affiliate and it doesn't show on the channel list at all. The info bar only says "cbl" and "to be announced" for guide data. But it does show the resolution at 720p so I know it's the HD OTA.
Part of the source of the confusion is your use of the term "OTA" in conjunction with a cable channel.

46-3 is a very odd location for a FOX affiliate. What does the guide have for 2-1? According to zap2it, that is where your local FOX affiliate is supposed to be.

What is your zipcode?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #32
Boneless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Part of the source of the confusion is your use of the term "OTA" in conjunction with a cable channel.

46-3 is a very odd location for a FOX affiliate. What does the guide have for 2-1? According to zap2it, that is where your local FOX affiliate is supposed to be.

What is your zipcode?
96821, I looked at zap2it and I think the confusion is the digital and HD channels are all rebroadcast on cable channels which don't correlate to antenna and don't follow that website too.

I'm not at home at the moment to check 2-1, but my NBC affiliate is 48-1, ABC is 48-9, CBS is 49-3, and PBS is 49-12. They used to be in the +110 range and moved a few months ago.
Boneless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #33
lpwcomp

Quote:
96821, I looked at zap2it and I think the confusion is the digital and HD channels are all rebroadcast on cable channels which don't correlate to antenna and don't follow that website too.

I'm not at home at the moment to check 2-1, but my NBC affiliate is 48-1, ABC is 48-9, CBS is 49-3, and PBS is 49-12. They used to be in the +110 range and moved a few months ago.
But you said you set it up for Antenna also.

When they were in the 110 range, they were probably still analog. The fact that the clear QAM digital channel numbers don't match the OTA Numbers is just...odd.

Once again, what is your zipcode and what is the cable box for?

Old 09-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #34
cannonz

Is this your clear qam line up http://www.oceanic.com/products/tele...r-tivo-hookups 46.3 is on there should show up in your list. I'm glad it's easier here the local fox is channel 35 the SD cable is 3 and clear qam is 35.1 there all like that. Are you getting the others like 47.10? I'm wondering if tivo doesn't give up after checking .1,.2,.3 or so and sees no channel.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:04 AM   #35
Boneless

Quote:
But you said you set it up for Antenna also.

When they were in the 110 range, they were probably still analog. The fact that the clear QAM digital channel numbers don't match the OTA Numbers is just...odd.

Once again, what is your zipcode and what is the cable box for?
My memory is getting fuzzy about that too. I know I had to specify antenna and cable channels to get everything I have now otherwise antenna would only give 2-13 channels, while cable gives 2-122+ and up even with some that I don't receive any station on

zip is 96821 and the cable box doesn't have anything to do with the series 3 tivo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonz View Post
Is this your clear qam line up http://www.oceanic.com/products/tele...r-tivo-hookups 46.3 is on there should show up in your list. I'm glad it's easier here the local fox is channel 35 the SD cable is 3 and clear qam is 35.1 there all like that. Are you getting the others like 47.10? I'm wondering if tivo doesn't give up after checking .1,.2,.3 or so and sees no channel.
This is my lineup. A straight cable connection to my Samsung tv picks up all those HD or SD, and so does the series 3 EXCEPT for 46-3 even though I can manually enter it from the remote. I can even pickup 45-xxxx but there's no channels on those so I don't know why the scan can pickup that but not 46-3 which actually has a signal.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #36
lpwcomp

Quote:
zip is 96821 and the cable box doesn't have anything to do with the series 3 tivo.
I know that, it is just that your Series 1 should be able to tune the analog channels w/o the box. So unless you need the box for on-demand or PPV, you could exchange the box for a CableCARD and receive a customer owned equipment credit. Except of course that TWC, as with all cable cos, seems to be playing fast and loose with the rules.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #37
Boneless

Quote:
I know that, it is just that your Series 1 should be able to tune the analog channels w/o the box. So unless you need the box for on-demand or PPV, you could exchange the box for a CableCARD and receive a customer owned equipment credit. Except of course that TWC, as with all cable cos, seems to be playing fast and loose with the rules.
I see. That would make sense if they actually had competition here but they own about 85% of the market so I don't see that happening. I can drop by and ask though. Anyhow, it appears that there's no fix for my manually adding the 46-3 HD fox affiliate to my channel list unless tivo magically starts recognizing it in a future scan so I'll just leave it at that. SD football it is.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #38
cannonz

While you can't set up a manual record without it being in guide, I believe you can put on the channel and press record. Record channel for an hour then rescan, maybe it will look for it after recording on it longshot but may work.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #39
lpwcomp

Quote:
I see. That would make sense if they actually had competition here but they own about 85% of the market so I don't see that happening. I can drop by and ask though. Anyhow, it appears that there's no fix for my manually adding the 46-3 HD fox affiliate to my channel list unless tivo magically starts recognizing it in a future scan so I'll just leave it at that. SD football it is.
There are FCC rules in play here. Has nothing to do with competition.