TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #31
mattack

If she has a law degree, that still doesn't mean she necessarily passed the bar, right? I seem to remember one can have the degree and do _some_ legal-ish stuff, but obviously not the big time.

and/or are there different "versions" of 'the bar' for different subspecialties? Maybe easier ones..?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #32
sburnside1

Did anyone notice the song "on the radio" when Tony and Blakely were dancing? It was that one that Wes was singing every time a girl came near him on camera.

First a comp meant to protect Blakely, then a twist that almost guaranteed Chris' safety. They are definitely trying to protect the people that have been involved in the most drama this year.
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #33
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnside1 View Post
Did anyone notice the song "on the radio" when Tony and Blakely were dancing? It was that one that Wes was singing every time a girl came near him on camera.
I did notice that. Gave me d**che chills.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #34
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Feel they sent the wrong team home. In the end Kalon and Lindzi were easier to beat.

And I'm going to say something that may not be popular with the ladies, but if Jaclyn were prettier (HOT) Ed would have no conflict with the so-called person he left back home.

BTW, that spelling Bee was a lot harder than one would think. Trying to remember what the next letter after someone else can be pretty damn confusing!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #35
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

The look on Blakely's face when Chris and Sarah won the spelling bee was almost priceless.

That whole Ed thing w/Jaclyn really does suck for her. But yeah, I agree. If she were prettier, I think Ed would be a lot more likely to forget about the person at home.

Kalon's a d-bag, so I'm glad to see him gone.
cwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #36
tiams

I think Kalon and Lindzi would have won if they were allowed to get to the final 2. The others in the house would have taken into account the fact that they had become a real couple and that makes them likeable. Plus Lindzi's goodness makes up for Kalon's negative qualities. Put them up against any other couple left in the house and they have the votes.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #37
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnside1 View Post
IIRC, during the closed captions it said "(WES HAYDEN)" followed by the song lyrics.

I didn't recognize the voice but did recognize the name.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #38
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

I was surprised to see Rachel and Nick be one of the two last left standing. I never would've guessed from earlier eps. I was kinda glad to see Blakely go.

Sarah's bizarre moves and monkey-like behavior during her performance was hilarious. That was funny that the band members picked up on the lyrics being written on Chris.

Ed and Jaclyn were err.... whoops!

Do you think it was a good move to take Chris and Sarah from a strategic POV?

From the teaser for the finale:
Spoiler:

I wonder what's going to be so disturbing in the final ep?

I feel bad for Rachel. I guess she's yet another who got her heart trampled. I didn't see that coming.

I have no idea who's going to win in the end.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #39
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Not sure what show I was watching but had no idea how close Rachel and Jaclyn are (were). Rachel obviously did not fight hard enough for her. 'Cause IMO, it was a toss up.

Can't wait for the finale. Looks real crazy!!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #40
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Not sure what show I was watching but had no idea how close Rachel and Jaclyn are (were). Rachel obviously did not fight hard enough for her. 'Cause IMO, it was a toss up.
Ditto. I didn't realize either but then again, I haven't paid really that close attention to the relationship that folks have had to each other or alliances, other than the couples themselves.

When I checked last night, some folks on ABC's Bachelor Pad message board were totally bashing Jaclyn as always. I kinda agree w/them. Jaclyn was just angry but didn't think strategically about why they were sent home.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #41
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

First episode I've ever seen of this show (my wife watches it), but it seemed to me that Chris and his partner were not well liked, so it would make sense to bring them to the finals. How is the winner chosen at the finals? Is it a vote by the kicked-out people, kind of like on Survivor?
Old 09-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #42
Jebberwocky!

yea, how could you not take Chris to the final. I thought that Jaclyn made a Bit of a fool of herself assuming that friendship would or should play a part (maybe if all else is equal but that never happens). It's a game show! The object is to win the freakin money!

For some reason Chris is back online on Facebook today and posting away, the moratorium (that started back when he was on the Bachelorette) on social media posting must be over. Next week will be pretty F'ing cool if what I understands happens happens.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #43
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
First episode I've ever seen of this show (my wife watches it), but it seemed to me that Chris and his partner were not well liked, so it would make sense to bring them to the finals. How is the winner chosen at the finals? Is it a vote by the kicked-out people, kind of like on Survivor?
Yes, Chris trampled the heart of Jamie and caused some big issues w/Blakely. But, Blakely was a control-freak partner from hell. I recall Chris lied a bunch of times too. He played a pretty shady game.

In the past, they vote as you describe to pick the winning team.

Then, they had an exercise for the two remaining members on whether they'd either take all the $ or share it w/their partner. Depending on the vote, outcomes could be: they share it (if both vote share), one takes all (if one votes keep for themselves and other votes share), or neither gets anything and it's distributed to all the losers (both vote to take it all and not share).

They were both taken to separate rooms and couldn't discuss w/each other what to do. In two of the cases, their friendships might be over, unless maybe in the one takes all case, the other decides to share it, after the show.

Since they've done this 2x already, it's not clear if they'll do that exercise again.

Last edited by cwerdna : 09-04-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #44
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

I think taking Chris and Sarah was the only sound move strategy wise. They were not well liked in the house, probably more because of Chris. Don't forget Chris also hooked up with I believe 3 or 4 different girls, tried to turn on a number of people, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
Next week will be pretty F'ing cool if what I understands happens happens.
I feel like I want to know but then again I want to be in suspense for next week.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #45
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
I think taking Chris and Sarah was the only sound move strategy wise. They were not well liked in the house, probably more because of Chris. Don't forget Chris also hooked up with I believe 3 or 4 different girls, tried to turn on a number of people, etc.
To me, it's a tough call. Even though Chris really messed w/women and IIRC, he betrayed a bunch of people, one could argue he played the game better.

I never followed Nick much, but it seemed like he just skated by. I guess the same can be said for Rachel, right? She got to where she was because of Stagliano.

So, I think people are going to be divided by who played the game better and really deserves to be there vs. who pissed me off?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #46
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwerdna View Post
To me, it's a tough call. Even though Chris really messed w/women and IIRC, he betrayed a bunch of people, one could argue he played the game better.

I never followed Nick much, but it seemed like he just skated by. I guess the same can be said for Rachel, right? She got to where she was because of Stagliano.

So, I think people are going to be divided by who played the game better and really deserves to be there vs. who pissed me off?
But for Nick and Rachel the choice is who would can I beat in the end, Chris/Sarah or Jaclyn/Ed. I think most people like Ed (minus Reed). You are talking about the final vote as it stands and I am talking about the what ifs on the final vote.

It won't surprise me to see Chris win due to him trying to play the game as long as he doesn't get pompous and too full of himself, but if given enough rope he will hang himself.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #47
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
But for Nick and Rachel the choice is who would can I beat in the end, Chris/Sarah or Jaclyn/Ed. I think most people like Ed (minus Reed). You are talking about the final vote as it stands and I am talking about the what ifs on the final vote.

It won't surprise me to see Chris win due to him trying to play the game as long as he doesn't get pompous and too full of himself, but if given enough rope he will hang himself.
Right... Ed and Jaclyn are likely more well liked/less hated than Chris. I don't remember how many people hated Sarah. So yeah, it seems that if they took Ed and Jaclyn, they (Nick and Rachel) would lose.

Up against Chris, it's tough to say, since some people will either hate him and not support him (e.g. Jamie and Blakely) and some might argue that he played the game well vs. people that floated thru or get there on the backs of others.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #48
Shaunnick

So Nick won all the money.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Great season of Bachelor pad. Best trainwreck all year.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #49
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

The phrase "Don't hate the player, hate the game" has never been more true!!

Not to mention how the audience loved it. As did I!

Btw, that is one aspect of the game I completely forgot about. And Nick made a great point by asking the jury why none of them has ever said I'm here to win 125k.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #50
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
The phrase "Don't hate the player, hate the game" has never been more true!!

Not to mention how the audience loved it. As did I!

Btw, that is one aspect of the game I completely forgot about. And Nick made a great point by asking the jury why none of them has ever said I'm here to win 125k.
I didn't love it and am a bit puzzled as to why the audience did.

I do agree on your last point.

I am surprised that they used this same test/final challenge that they used before. I figured that the two of them would've had the conversation (and it seems they did) but Nick decided to screw Rachel.

I don't think Nick deserves the money as it seems he really did fly under the radar. But yeah, trainwreck indeed.

Last edited by cwerdna : 09-11-2012 at 02:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #51
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwerdna View Post
I didn't love it and am a bit puzzled as to why the audience did.

I do agree on your last point.

I am surprised that they used this same test/final challenge that they used before. I figured that the two of them would've had the conversation (and it seems they did) but Nick decided to screw Rachel.

I don't think Nick deserves the money as it seems he really did fly under the radar. But yeah, trainwreck indeed.
I loved it!!
Nick was treated like the red-headed step child all season. Rachel felt she "deserved" all the money and that Nick did nothing to get to the end, so if she had thought she could get away with it she would have taken all the money too.

Like Kalon said, be careful when you use the word "deserve", they are all just players in a game. It's not a Nobel peace prize.

The person who played the game the best is the one who should win. And he did.

Best season of BP ever!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #52
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Also loved the ending montage of most of the contestants saying how bad Nick is as a player.

And let's not forget he took a huge gamble in hoping Rachel would choose Share. Otherwise neither would get the prize.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #53
InterMurph

Nick played the Bachelor Pad game very well, as proven by his team's victory in the final vote.

Nick then played the prisoner's dilemma game to perfection, and walked away with $250,000.

I almost believe his claims that, had Rachel been enthusiastic about the partnership and the game, he would have shared the money.

But he didn't, and it made for great TV. It almost makes the many hours I have wasted on this dreck worth it.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #54
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

I think that they telegraphed the ending with the previews. Once it was clear that the relationship between Michael and Rachel was over, there was no other reason that she would have been upset as they showed. Good on Nick for playing the game to perfection. I'm not sure why anyone would think that he'd feel bad about it.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #55
InterMurph

I agree; the previews totally spoiled the outcome.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #56
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

If they had sprung this "twist" on them at the end, and that was the outcome, I'd have absolutely no problem with how he played it. But if they had done this before, and Nick and Rachel had previously discussed how they would choose in that situation, and they both agreed to pick SHARE, and then Nick betrayed her, then it's definitely uncool.

The fact that Nick simply left the stage, said a few words to Rachel, and then got the the limo and bailed without talking to any of the other houseguests shows that he clearly realized he has been a dooshbag.

But I loved that he did it. Made for great TV.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #57
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
If they had sprung this "twist" on them at the end, and that was the outcome, I'd have absolutely no problem with how he played it. But if they had done this before, and Nick and Rachel had previously discussed how they would choose in that situation, and they both agreed to pick SHARE, and then Nick betrayed her, then it's definitely uncool.

The fact that Nick simply left the stage, said a few words to Rachel, and then got the the limo and bailed without talking to any of the other houseguests shows that he clearly realized he has been a dooshbag.
Surprisingly, they've used this exact same challenge w/the same outcomes and same method of picking (separate rooms, each w/2 signs) in all previous seasons of BP. It sure seems like Nick and Rachael discussed it earlier and agreed to share given the confrontation outside the stage.

The previous outcomes were always both chose to share.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #58
mattack

Total Prisoner's Dilemma.

I wonder how much 'show' there was in this though. With the MANY repeated previews of the spazzing from the very end of the show, and IIRC a long "previously on" at the beginning, seemed like not much show for 2 hrs.. (and I'm not even counting the many recaps during the guts of the show)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #59
tiams

Of course Nick lied and told her he would pick share. If he had told her his plan, it wouldn't have worked. It's a bluffing game, you are allowed to lie.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #60
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Of course Nick lied and told her he would pick share. If he had told her his plan, it wouldn't have worked. It's a bluffing game, you are allowed to lie.
Lying is actually required.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote