TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #1
sammydee

Arrow Lost a bunch of Comcast HD channels

Today our Tivo Premiere lost about 1/3rd of the HD channels that we normally get from Comcast in south San Jose. Tuning to them results in a black screen and a "Problem with the signal on this cable channel" message from the TiVo. It's fairly random ... Syfy HD and Food HD are gone, for example, but channels adjacent to them are still working.

Spent several hours with Comcast support, and they insist that a truck roll is required (at 7:30am in two days) to resolve the issue.

Is anyone else in the Bay Area having a similar problem? I'm wondering if they goofed up provisioning of Cablecards in general, or just mine.

...Sam
sammydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

DO you require a Tuning Adapter? If so you might want to pull the plug on it and allow it to "reboot" to see if that fixes the issue.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Tony Chick

I had that happen a couple of days ago on my XL4. As Dan suggests, cycling power on the Tuning adapter resolved it. You may need to wait a few minutes for the Premiere to detect the TA is connected
Tony Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
SNJpage1

They arent the channels in the 200 range that are being turned off because of them also being in the 800's are they?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJpage1 View Post
They arent the channels in the 200 range that are being turned off because of them also being in the 800's are they?
The channels in the 200's now display a message saying that they've moved to the 800's.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

If it's not the tuning adapter then it could be that the CableCard has lost it's pairing. I had that happen on my cable and I don't use a tuning adapter. I also had that symptom when I took my CableCard out of one box and stuck it in a new box. Many channels worked, including most of the HD channels, but there were spots where some were gone. Calling to re-pair the card worked in both cases.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
cannonz

7:30 AM expect them about 2:30 PM.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
jrtroo
User

First, reseat the cablecard. I had this happen with Comcast, and a simple reseat fixed it right up.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
sammydee

After a truck roll, the actual problem turned out to be a database change someone at Comcast made.

Out of the blue, about two weeks ago they apparently updated my account and changed the head-end that my house was served by. Incorrectly. So my TiVos were looking for channels on the wrong frequencies; SOME channels had the same mapping but some didn't...and broke.

It took the Comcast guy about 2 hours on the phone to HQ to figure this out and change the setting, which fixed everything.

I'm waiting for them to suddenly switch it back.

...Sam
sammydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:50 AM   #10
Dubbadown

Yeah I had this happen to me a couple weeks ago (in San Jose) where I just lost HBO and Food Network (801 and 747). Coincidently, I called my sister who lives in the area and also has an Elite Premiere, and she was missing the same channels. I had to have a guy come out, and he started off testing the lines but I assured him it wasn't that since my sister was having the same issue a mile away. He eventually put a mass text out to the other technicians and one finally came back with the solution. Like you said, somehow the head ends got switched at HQ from Sam 7 to Fox. So, if you tell them that, and make them verify the Host Id on your card, they should be able to fix it remotely. My sister still needs to get it taken care of.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #11
Millionaire2K

Wow talk about over the top help!

I had this exact problem. random ch's all over messed up. I got the same message as you stated.

I was gonna call comcast when I thought "Let me restart the Tivo".

So I rebooted the Tivo and all was well.

Im glad I did not call Comcast as they might have messed up my ch's while trying to fix it.

I'd always sugest restarting your Tivo b4 trying anything else.

Also a truck roll is never needed to fix ch's. As I tell any agent that sugest it, all they do is stand in my house watching my TV flipping ch's while on the phone. I can do that myself! Comcast told me I needed a truck roll to fix the 3D ch's that would not work. I just kept calling untill an agent knew what they were doing. As soon as they mention a truck roll I just hang up and call again. 8 calls later I got 3D working over the phone all on their end.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote