TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
soulie

Premiere Freezing and Flashing?

Hi,

Installed two Premieres about 2 weeks ago, so I know everything is plugged in correctly because one works perfectly

However, the OTHER one freezes. About 75% of the time when I turn on the TV the picture is frozen and non-responsive to the remote. I have to unplug the box and let it restart. Today I was streaming a program from another Premiere and the picture froze. After staying frozen for about 5 minutes, the screen started flashing. The flashing looked like the initial Tivo setup screen (the light blue one), but it never went any further; I had to unplug and restart the Premiere. Interestingly, when I finally got back to restart my program's streaming, it had paused at the point where it froze.

I have Comcast for cable, and a Tivo G adapter for wireless.

I have read a lot of other threads about freezing but I didn't see one that described the startup screen flashing that I saw. All help is appreciated.

Thanks all.
soulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

It's possible that you got a dud. That can happen with anything you buy these days. If you are still within the 30 day window for the warranty, definitely contact TiVo customer support to discuss your problem / arrange for a replacement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
rainbow

I have been experiencing this issue w/my Premiere. Have had it about 2 yrs and it is still under warrenty.

Twice this past week, I have come home and it has effectively frozen. The other night I actually was able to watch 'Ellen" on nbc that was on at 3 or 4p. This was at 847p. It must have been stored on the hd, but broadcast as if it were live. I could not speed it up; i just sat there and watched it thru the end. Then it was real time again.

Last time it happened, I unplugged and re-plugged it.

Just wondering if this one is starting to fail? Is that an indicator of a failing HQ?
rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote