TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
tvmaster2

what's the latest HD software version?

OK, I have two Tivo HD's - both stock hard drives. Last night, they both went for a dive and froze up.
One was rebootable, and so far, one has not come back.

The one that I was able to restart (after pulling the AC cable) has software version:

11.0k-01-2-652

Does anyone know when that came into being?
I am suspicious because BOTH my HD's (with Cox Cable Cards) froze up within two hours of each other.
tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

11.0K-01-2-652 is the latest on the TiVo HD, released around March 2011.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
dlfl
Cranky old novice

That's the latest. Two nearly simultaneous lockups have nothing to do with your TiVo's. It's either poor (weak) signal or spurious signals sent to the CableCARD's by the cable plant. What are the signal strengths, SNR's and RS error counts (in DVR Diagnostics) doing for several different channels?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
tvmaster2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
That's the latest. Two nearly simultaneous lockups have nothing to do with your TiVo's. It's either poor (weak) signal or spurious signals sent to the CableCARD's by the cable plant. What are the signal strengths, SNR's and RS error counts (in DVR Diagnostics) doing for several different channels?
Thanks - I will check - what would good and bad numbers be? My Tivo series 2 is getting signal level of 85 or so at the moment, and from what I can tell with my one, working HD, the signal level is 44 coming off the only reading I can find (in the tuning adapter menu), as it's connected to Cox cable card-tuning adapter combo.

Last edited by tvmaster2 : 09-03-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
tvmaster2

regardless of if the Tivo is hooked up to a cable service or not.....let's say for the moment the only thing it's hooked up to is a HDMI input on a TV - it would still boot all the way up to the Tivo menu system if the drive was functioning - wouldn't it?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
regardless of if the Tivo is hooked up to a cable service or not.....let's say for the moment the only thing it's hooked up to is a HDMI input on a TV - it would still boot all the way up to the Tivo menu system if the drive was functioning - wouldn't it?
Never use HDMI to troubleshoot, get it out of the equation until you know everything else is right.

Did, and do, you have both of those TiVos plugged into an Uninterruptable Power Supply?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
tvmaster2

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Never use HDMI to troubleshoot, get it out of the equation until you know everything else is right.

Did, and do, you have both of those TiVos plugged into an Uninterruptable Power Supply?
What's with the HDMI concern? but yes, also checked composite video out as well - same thing - green screen.

Surge protectors (yes I know - useless), but not UPS
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
What's with the HDMI concern? but yes, also checked composite video out as well - same thing - green screen.

Surge protectors (yes I know - useless), but not UPS
If you're trying to track down a problem, you don't need to add to the mix the TiVo and some other component conducting a never ending conversation about whether you have the right to be watching something or not.

That's just begging for something to go wrong.

As for the UPS, if they both got hit with a power blip, maybe that's why they simultaneously developed a problem.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote