TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #4261
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
No for those cases you simply select the show(s) in the table you want to delete and then press "Delete" on your keyboard. BTW if you select a show in table and press "Space" it will start playback of the show on that TiVo.
Sweet, didn't know about the space option. Any other hidden keyboard tricks besides those two?
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #4262
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Sweet, didn't know about the space option. Any other hidden keyboard tricks besides those two?
Officially, that's it. It's not obvious place to look but those 2 "hidden" keyboard shortcuts are mentioned in the tooltip for "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" under config-Tivos.

(There is 1 more keyboard shortcut "j" I use for debugging purposes which dumps all information associated with selected show to message window sorted alphanumerically by key name. That is also available in some of the other "Remote" tables to dump JSON data to message window but is not useful to most people).
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #4263
cweb

Quote:
No for those cases you simply select the show(s) in the table you want to delete and then press "Delete" on your keyboard. BTW if you select a show in table and press "Space" it will start playback of the show on that TiVo.
The delete key didn't work for me. By "table", you mean the window list for a specific TiVo (eg, bedroom). I assume the only thing that needs to be enabled is "iPad delete" in the TiVo tab of preferences?
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #4264
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
The delete key didn't work for me. By "table", you mean the window list for a specific TiVo (eg, bedroom). I assume the only thing that needs to be enabled is "iPad delete" in the TiVo tab of preferences?
No, that setting is just to add "iPad delete" task. Under config-Tivos for a series 4 unit you have to have "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" enabled such that you have a "Remote" tab displayed with that TiVo available in the list. Then when you refresh Now Playing table kmttg will collect the necessary info to be able to delete & play shows from the table.
(This is only for series 4 units, not THD, S3 and earlier units)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #4265
bwall23

Quote:
lpwcomp, I already have the necessary updates checked into source if you want to review or test it out (for both metadata from shows still on TiVo as well as from .TiVo files). Obtaining from .TiVo was a little tricky as "uniqueId" is used for both seriesId and programId in the tivodecode xml dump but from my short testing I think it's working there as well. I did notice the .TiVo file programID is not front padded with zeros so for example instead of "EP009311820044" you get "EP9311820044". Don't know if the leading zeros are important or not from TiVo point of view? I could add additional code to front pad number part with zeros to maintain a minimum number length if needed.
My .tivo files have leading zeroes for the programId. I use tdcat to dump xml chunk 2 and the programId is 14 chars 'EP' + 8_char_seriesId + 4_char_episodeId. As example 'EP012449670020' for America the Story of Us - Millenium, see zap2it
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #4266
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post
My .tivo files have leading zeroes for the programId. I use tdcat to dump xml chunk 2 and the programId is 14 chars 'EP' + 8_char_seriesId + 4_char_episodeId. As example 'EP012449670020' for America the Story of Us - Millenium, see zap2it
I've only seen non-leading 0s on 1 .TiVo file so far so I think for the most part they match and not to worry about it.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:13 AM   #4267
bwall23

programId

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Bear in mind that the pyTiVo TvBus.tmpl has to be modified in order for it to be sent to the TiVo.
Did that, but pyTiVo doesn't seem to be parsing it in the first place. Do you also have to modify metadata.py? I'd like for pyTiVo to parse it from metadata text files as well as from .tivo files.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #4268
NotVeryWitty
Too Big to Fail

After not using kmttg for quite a while, I just tried to use it again so my daughter could put the new Doctor Who show on a thumb drive to take back to college to watch.

I completely reinstalled the latest app on my iMac running Mountain Lion. After figuring out how to launch it for the first time (need to press Ctrl when opening to bypass the ML unknown app security), and loading the Intel version of tivodecode (IMO that should be the default version included in the install package), I was able to get see my Macs and transfer the show to my file server.

However, I'm getting an error at the encode step. The status output is below. An interesting line is: "[mp4 @ 0x116e600]track 0: could not find tag, codec not currently supported in container". Is this saying that the show is already mpeg4, and that ffmpeg doesn't know what to do with that? [FWIW, my cable provider is Verizon Fios, and the show was on BBCAHD channel 689.]

Thanks for all the hard work on this app!!

Status output:

>> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'ff_h264_high_rate' TO FILE /Volumes/Time Capsule/Tivo files/Doctor Who - Asylum of the Daleks (09_01_2012).mp4 ...
/Users/bill/Applications/kmttg_v0p8t/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -y -i "/Volumes/Time Capsule/Tivo files/Doctor Who - Asylum of the Daleks (09_01_2012).mpg" -threads 4 -vcodec libx264 -coder 0 -level 41 -sameq -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -g 300 -bufsize 14745k -b 8000k -maxrate 16000k -bug +autodetect+ms -me_method epzs -trellis 2 -mbd 1 -acodec copy -f mp4 "/Volumes/Time Capsule/Tivo files/Doctor Who - Asylum of the Daleks (09_01_2012).mp4"
encoding failed (exit code: 1 ) - check command: /Users/bill/Applications/kmttg_v0p8t/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -y -i "/Volumes/Time Capsule/Tivo files/Doctor Who - Asylum of the Daleks (09_01_2012).mpg" -threads 4 -vcodec libx264 -coder 0 -level 41 -sameq -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -g 300 -bufsize 14745k -b 8000k -maxrate 16000k -bug +autodetect+ms -me_method epzs -trellis 2 -mbd 1 -acodec copy -f mp4 "/Volumes/Time Capsule/Tivo files/Doctor Who - Asylum of the Daleks (09_01_2012).mp4"
FFmpeg version SVN-r19732, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --shlibdir=@executable_path --arch=i386 --cpu=i686 --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-pthreads --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --enable-libfaad --enable-libx264 --extra-cflags='-I/Users/yoav/src/lame/include -I/Users/yoav/src/faad2-2.7/include -I/Users/yoav/src/faac-1.28/include -I/Users/yoav/src/x264' --extra-ldflags='-L/Users/yoav/src/lame/libmp3lame/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/faad2-2.7/libfaad/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/faac-1.28/libfaac/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/x264/'
libavutil 50. 3. 0 / 50. 3. 0
libavcodec 52.34. 0 / 52.34. 0
libavformat 52.38. 0 / 52.38. 0
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libswscale 0. 7. 1 / 0. 7. 1
built on Aug 27 2009 10:32:06, gcc: 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5484)
Input #0, ac3, from '/Volumes/Time Capsule/Tivo files/Doctor Who - Asylum of the Daleks (09_01_2012).mpg':
Duration: 44:09:31.78, bitrate: 364 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: eac3, 48000 Hz, 4 channels (FL|FR|SL|SR), s16, 364 kb/s
[mp4 @ 0x116e600]track 0: could not find tag, codec not currently supported in container
Output #0, mp4, to '/Volumes/Time Capsule/Tivo files/Doctor Who - Asylum of the Daleks (09_01_2012).mp4':
Stream #0.0: Audio: 0x0000, 48000 Hz, 4 channels (FL|FR|SL|SR), s16, 364 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?)
NotVeryWitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #4269
moyekj

NotVeryWitty, looks like your source video has 4 channel eac3 (AKA Dolby Digital +) as audio which I don't think is a valid audio stream for mp4 container, or at least ffmpeg doesn't like that, and the encoding profile you are using passes audio through to mp4. Also a little strange that no input video is listed in the output, but it may be because the audio is causing an issue ffmpeg is not listing the video track.

Perhaps if you try an encoding profile that re-encodes audio such as ff_ipad it might work.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #4270
lpwcomp

Quote:
Did that, but pyTiVo doesn't seem to be parsing it in the first place. Do you also have to modify metadata.py? I'd like for pyTiVo to parse it from metadata text files as well as from .tivo files.
I thought that the mod to metadata.py which I made was only required to get the programId into the text file but I could be wrong. There may also be a mod to another module, I don't remember exactly what I did and I won't be able to check until at least Tuesday.

Is the programId not being sent to the TiVo?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #4271
bwall23

Quote:
lpwcomp, I already have the necessary updates checked into source if you want to review or test it out (for both metadata from shows still on TiVo as well as from .TiVo files). Obtaining from .TiVo was a little tricky as "uniqueId" is used for both seriesId and programId in the tivodecode xml dump but from my short testing I think it's working there as well.
For .tivo metadata extraction, shouldn't you be looking at chunk 2, not 1. i.e. "chunk-02-0002.xml", not "chunk-01-0001.xml"? Do a test dump w/tivodecode and compare the 2 chunks! Also the seriesId and programId both need to be extracted from <showing>, not <vActualShowing>. If either gets pulled from <vActualShowing> and the recording was padded, the value will be incorrect for the recording.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #4272
bwall23

Quote:
Is the programId not being sent to the TiVo?
It's not.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #4273
bwall23

Quote:
I thought that the mod to metadata.py which I made was only required to get the programId into the text file but I could be wrong. There may also be a mod to another module, I don't remember exactly what I did and I won't be able to check until at least Tuesday.
What mod? What fork? I'm running wmcbrine's 2012-07-11 with a hand edited TvBus.tmpl to add programId. Querying pyTiVo, it doesn't show up in the Container or TVBus video details queries.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #4274
moyekj

Quote:
For .tivo metadata extraction, shouldn't you be looking at chunk 2, not 1. i.e. "chunk-02-0002.xml", not "chunk-01-0001.xml"? Do a test dump w/tivodecode and compare the 2 chunks! Also the seriesId and programId both need to be extracted from <showing>, not <vActualShowing>. If either gets pulled from <vActualShowing> and the recording was padded, the value will be incorrect for the recording.
It is parsing chunk 2 and from <showing> section. From metadataTivo.java:
Code:
metaFileFromXmlFile(xmlFile2, job.metaFile);
(and xmlFile2 is chunk 2)

and under metaFileFromXmlFile method:
Code:
         // Search for everything under <showing>
         NodeList nlist = doc.getElementsByTagName("showing");

Old 09-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #4275
lpwcomp

Quote:
What mod? What fork? I'm running wmcbrine's 2012-07-11 with a hand edited TvBus.tmpl to add programId. Querying pyTiVo, it doesn't show up in the Container or TVBus video details queries.
There is no fork with my mods and I never meant to imply there was. I made the mods to my own copy of pyTivo, just as I am running a self-modified version of kmttg.

As far as getting it to the TiVo is concerned, the fact that even if it does get to the TiVo, it doesn't always do what I expected, i.e. set the Season and Episode, probably led me to lose track of exactly what I did to get it to be transmitted. Well, that plus I was also trying to get grouping on a Premiere of pulled programs with an inactive or arbitrary seriesId to work again.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #4276
bwall23

Red face

Quote:
It is parsing chunk 2 and from <showing> section. From metadataTivo.java:
Code:
metaFileFromXmlFile(xmlFile2, job.metaFile);
(and xmlFile2 is chunk 2)

and under metaFileFromXmlFile method:
Code:
         // Search for everything under <showing>
         NodeList nlist = doc.getElementsByTagName("showing");
That's why you're doing the coding and not me! My cursory glance at the code missed this part
Code:
xmlFile2 = xmlFile.replaceAll("1", "2");

Old 09-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #4277
moyekj

v0p8u version released

v0p8u version just released with some fairly minor updates including showing EpisodeNumber as part of title in various tables if available. See release_notes Wiki for details.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #4278
bwall23

Big Grin

Thanks for the programId
Old 09-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #4279
OOOOPS!

@ moyekj Thanks!
@ moyekj or any one else
Does anyone know if pytivo is sending or if the tivo is honoring episode number when a show is pushed? I tend to edit and encode to mp4 before pushing back to the tivo, a S3 HDXL, using the metadata generated by kmttg. Now that episode number is available on kmttg I have noticed that pushes do not display the episode number.
Thanks,
OOOOPS
OOOOPS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #4280
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOOOPS! View Post
@ moyekj Thanks!
@ moyekj or any one else
Does anyone know if pytivo is sending or if the tivo is honoring episode number when a show is pushed? I tend to edit and encode to mp4 before pushing back to the tivo, a S3 HDXL, using the metadata generated by kmttg. Now that episode number is available on kmttg I have noticed that pushes do not display the episode number.
Thanks,
OOOOPS
Pushes send very little of the metadata. episodeNumber has been part of the metadata since the beginning, the change to kmttg was just to display it as part of the title in the gui.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #4281
lpwcomp

Quote:
It's not.
Just tested. I started with a fresh install of pyTiVo, which naturally didn't send the programId that was in the metadata file. I then edited pyTivo/plugins/video/templates/TvBus.tmpl and added:
Code:
      #if $video.programId
      <uniqueId>$video.programId</uniqueId>
      #end if
right before
Code:
</program>
. I then pulled the same recording to the TiVo again. Season and Episode numbers were displayed in the HDUI.

Note that
  • this will not work on a Push since a Push sends very little of the metadata.
  • even if it gets to the TiVo, there is no guarantee that it will do anything.

Last edited by lpwcomp : 09-05-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: I realized that the syntax might be misleading
Old 09-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #4282
bwall23

Question

Quote:
Just tested. I started with a fresh install of pyTiVo, which naturally didn't send the programId that was in the metadata file. I then edited pyTivo/plugins/video/templates/TvBus.tmpl and added:
Code:
      #if $video.programId
      <uniqueId>$video.programId</uniqueId>
      #end if
right before
Code:
</program>
. I then pulled the same recording to the TiVo again. Season and Episode numbers were displayed in the HDUI.

Note that
  • this will not work on a Push since a Push sends very little of the metadata.
  • even if it gets to the TiVo, there is no guarantee that it will do anything.
Not sure if that proves anything. Did you look at the container or video details view provided by pyTiVo to your TiVo? What type of metadata and video file. Was the original recording still on your TiVo, etc. The TVBus template provides the video details view, but if that metadata hasn't been parsed by pyTiVo and made available to display, it won't. Haven't seen anything since July from mcbrine on the pyTiVo forum thread. Is it still being maintained?

AND P.S. Why are we discussing this on the kmttg forum thread and not the pyTiVo forum thread?
Old 09-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #4283
lpwcomp

Quote:
Not sure if that proves anything. Did you look at the container or video details view provided by pyTiVo to your TiVo? What type of metadata and video file. Was the original recording still on your TiVo, etc. The TVBus template provides the video details view, but if that metadata hasn't been parsed by pyTiVo and made available to display, it won't. Haven't seen anything since July from mcbrine on the pyTiVo forum thread. Is it still being maintained?

AND P.S. Why are we discussing this on the kmttg forum thread and not the pyTiVo forum thread?
You're right, this discussion belongs in the other forum. However, since you think you know everything about it anyway, you obviously don't need my help. Good luck.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #4284
sanjonny

Quote:
v0p8u version just released with some fairly minor updates including showing EpisodeNumber as part of title in various tables if available. See release_notes Wiki for details.
YEAH for this change. I know it has been something debated for awhile for all the reasons debated about, but glad to have it as it will really help for those times when it is a. actually there and b. actually correct. which has nothing to do with kmttg obviously as for some reason tivo guide cannot get correct what all kinds of other free software can.

Thanks so much!
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #4285
bwall23

Quote:
You're right, this discussion belongs in the other forum. However, since you think you know everything about it anyway, you obviously don't need my help. Good luck.
I agree it should be continued in the pyTiVo forum.

Never said I know everything about it, or meant to imply it. If I knew everything, I wouldn't be posting in these forums. I was just providing a somewhat more scientific approach to the problem versus an emperical evidence approach.

We're both trying to achieve the same objective, I was just offering what I knew based on poring over code I'm unfamiliar with and trying to analyze what it's doing. I'm a developer from a previous life and don't want to learn YAPL (yet another programming language) just to get this accomplished.

It appears the mcbrine pyTiVo thread is on-hold or dead. Don't know if it's still being developed and if not, what fork to follow.

Was just trying to offer what I found, but if the attitude is nobody wants to know, I'll STFU and keep it to myself.

Good Luck also.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #4286
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
It appears the mcbrine pyTiVo thread is on-hold or dead.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #4287
bwall23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
See, that's what we get for posting in the wrong Forum thread

Last edited by bwall23 : 09-07-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #4288
DougD

There are a large number of movies where the remake has the same name as the original such as Bad Company and Freaky Friday. Any chance as a future update that the movie year could be an option for creating the file name? By the way this program works great - highly recommended. I use it both on my linux box and on my windows PC.
DougD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #4289
lew

VRD ad scan vs comskip

Anyone done any comparisons? Auto mode without reviewing the cuts. Obviously I'd rather wind up with a stray commercial rather then cut part of the program.

Most network shows have a logo in the corner during the program but not during the commercial. Surprised there isn't a reliable way to use that.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #4290
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
Anyone done any comparisons? Auto mode without reviewing the cuts. Obviously I'd rather wind up with a stray commercial rather then cut part of the program.

Most network shows have a logo in the corner during the program but not during the commercial. Surprised there isn't a reliable way to use that.
VideoReDo does not determine commercial breaks by the logo on the video, it determines by the black frames between the video and the breaks. Sometimes they will cut directly to the commercial suddenly without the blank frames and that will not get detected.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote