TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #301
wouldworker
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Quote:
Then they'll get court order to force the bank to disclose all the boxes that lawyer has ever had access to. Once they find the money designated for Kaylee, and knowing that they previously found an account in Mike's granddaughter's name, it won't be very difficult to figure that one out either.
I think that's what they call "Circumstantial Evidence"
Circumstantial evidence is as valid as direct evidence. Let's say that Todd didn't shoot the kid at the train robbery. The kid rides home and tells someone that he saw three men with a pump after the train pulled away. The cops investigate and discover that the methylmine has been diluted. They discover the tank buried in the ground near the tracks. The kid's testimony that these three guys were near the train with a pump is circumstantial because he didn't see them actually pumping out the methylmine. The fact that the methylmine is diluted is circumstantial (it would be direct evidence except that you can't prove that it wasn't diluted at some other point in the train's journey). The fact that there is a tank large enough to hold the missing methylmine right where the kid said he saw the men is circumstantial. All of your evidence is circumstantial but when you put it together you will easily convict those three men of robbing the methylmine (assuming that the kid IDs them).

Circumstantial evidence got a bad reputation from lawyer shows on TV, but it makes up the majority of evidence in many successful convictions. You won't hear "Objection! Circumstantial" in any courtroom except for on TV.
wouldworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #302
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
She is a she.
This deserves its own thread...

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #303
Elmo Blatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
As far as Hank is concerned, there is an explanation for Walt having a bunch of money, so him being flashy with that money is not a red flag. The only real clue is that Walt is a brilliant chemist and doesn't seem to have a real job right now.* I think there would have to be more before Hank suspect's Walt.

*Has Walt provided a cover story for Hank and Marie for what he does all day every day?
Does Hank necessarily believe the cover story about blackjack? I'm not so sure.

Hank does know that a gas mask and some lab equipment were stolen from Walt's high school and used to cook meth out in the desert, and Walt was the only person (or one of the only persons) with a key to that room.

And Hank knows Walt has a connection to Jesse, who Hank knows is somehow involved in the meth business.

I'm just saying that Hank is consumed with finding out who Heisenberg is. Absolutely consumed. That's all he thinks about, even when he's not supposed to care. And Hank has been damn near right about everything so far. So it wouldn't surprise me if Hank has been putting the pieces together and figured out that Walt could be a candidate to be Heisenberg.

Gilligan isn't exactly going to show the process or the "aha" moment. But there was the scene when Merkert told Hank and Gomez that he was being pushed out, and Merkert was talking about how he didn't know that the guy they were looking for (Fring) was right under Merkert's nose. The camera flashed to Hank, and he had this look on his face, like he knew exactly what Merkert was talking about.
Elmo Blatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #304
Hank
AC•FTW

We all seem to mostly agree that when Hank catches Heisenberg, Hank's DEA career is over.

What if Hank realizes this, and agrees to not pursue Walt in exchange for (a) keeping his job, and (2) getting a cut of the meth business?

And if other DEA agents do catch Walt, it would still be the end of Hank's career, but Hank would at least have some level of plausible deniability since his boss has already told him to move off the Fring case.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #305
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
We all seem to mostly agree that when Hank catches Heisenberg, Hank's DEA career is over.

What if Hank realizes this, and agrees to not pursue Walt in exchange for (a) keeping his job, and (2) getting a cut of the meth business?

And if other DEA agents do catch Walt, it would still be the end of Hank's career, but Hank would at least have some level of plausible deniability since his boss has already told him to move off the Fring case.
While (our TCF) Hank is wrong about everything, I like this one.

Does Hank the DEA agent break bad? I like it.

Is DEA agent redundant?
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #306
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
Is she hot?

(what? Someone was gonna ask.)
Very!
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #307
brianric

Quote:
Can someone explain why Hank would lose his job when he catches Heisenberg?
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #308
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Can someone explain why Hank would lose his job when he catches Heisenberg?
The same reason that the previous ASAC lost his job when it was discovered that Gus Fring was a druglord right under his nose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #309
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
The same reason that the previous ASAC lost his job when it was discovered that Gus Fring was a druglord right under his nose.
That's true if someone else finds out who Heisenberg is. I doubt Hank would lose his job if he's the one who finds out who Heisenberg is. Strictly my opinion.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #310
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo Blatch View Post
Does Hank necessarily believe the cover story about blackjack? I'm not so sure.
I don't think he has questioned it at all. He has probably known Walter and Skylar for decades, and from my impression of them from early season 1 is that the Whites are very honest, truthful people. Why would Hank question anything Walter or Skylar (from early and pre season 1) told him.
However I think the cracks of who he thinks Walter and Skylar are definitely starting to showing, and he will (maybe with Marie's help) eventually start to realize something is not kosher in the the White household.
Quote:
Hank does know that a gas mask and some lab equipment were stolen from Walt's high school and used to cook meth out in the desert, and Walt was the only person (or one of the only persons) with a key to that room.
Once again, I think he unquestioningly believes the White's are honest, truthful people.
Quote:
And Hank knows Walt has a connection to Jesse, who Hank knows is somehow involved in the meth business.
I do not think Hank knows Jesse and Walter have a connection. If he did I assume it's just that Jesse was a student of Walter's, but that means nothing to push Hank to the idea that Walter = Heisenberg.
Quote:
I'm just saying that Hank is consumed with finding out who Heisenberg is. Absolutely consumed. That's all he thinks about, even when he's not supposed to care. And Hank has been damn near right about everything so far. So it wouldn't surprise me if Hank has been putting the pieces together and figured out that Walt could be a candidate to be Heisenberg.

Gilligan isn't exactly going to show the process or the "aha" moment. But there was the scene when Merkert told Hank and Gomez that he was being pushed out, and Merkert was talking about how he didn't know that the guy they were looking for (Fring) was right under Merkert's nose. The camera flashed to Hank, and he had this look on his face, like he knew exactly what Merkert was talking about.
I still think Hank doesn't suspect a thing, if he did he'd be tailing Walter and/or Skylar, or asking them more questions.

Considering all that Hank has been through (shoot out with Tuco, the tortoise explosion, the shootout with the twins, the lock down with Fring) I would think Hank would lose his **** and beat the crap out of Walter. I completely disagree with him shuffling it under the carpet and taking a cut. He's been through more hardships at the indirect hand of Walter White than anyone else.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #311
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
That's true if someone else finds out who Heisenberg is. I doubt Hank would lose his job if he's the one who finds out who Heisenberg is. Strictly my opinion.
Well, even if Hank catches Heisenberg himself, he's still his brother-in-law. That's really going to go over like a lead balloon with his bosses. He's going to have to take the fall in the end anyway.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #312
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
Is DEA agent redundant?
Not really.

An Agent in the Drug Enforcement Agency.

Just like CIA Agent isn't redundant.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #313
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

I say you're all right, and I think the season bridging cliffhanger will be that Hank finally wakes up and gets the scent on Walt. Maybe Lydia will make a call to save her skin from Walt and prison (by "turning states evidence.")

We know that Walt is going to go full bad. That prolly means that Hank isn't going to be able to let him slide without anyone ever knowing who Heisenberg was.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #314
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I don't think there's any way Hank "breaks bad" to save Walt or save his job. We've got to remember that this show isn't real life. This show is a work of literature filmed for TV. The writers are not likely to craft the story so that the protagonist and the antagonist end up on the same side at the end.

If Hank had even an inkling about Walt, there's no way he would let Walt into his office, let alone leave him alone in there with the blinds closed.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #315
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

I agree. Hank isn't breaking bad. A real world, practical solution for if/when Hank catches on to Walt would be for Walt to agree stop cooking (in return for staying out of prison) and Hank to conclude that Heisenberg is dead (and thereby keep his job since the news that Heisenberg is Walt would presumably not be revealed - certainly not by Hank). But that isn't dramatic or interesting enough and won't happen on this show. There will be a showdown at some point, and I wouldn't be shocked if Hank is the last man standing.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #316
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
If Hank had even an inkling about Walt, there's no way he would let Walt into his office, let alone leave him alone in there with the blinds closed.
Unless Hank has his office under surveillance and is recording everything Walt does. Of course, this is highly unlikely.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #317
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if Hank is the last man standing.

I like the sound of that!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #318
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
I agree. Hank isn't breaking bad. A real world, practical solution for if/when Hank catches on to Walt would be for Walt to agree stop cooking (in return for staying out of prison) and Hank to conclude that Heisenberg is dead (and thereby keep his job since the news that Heisenberg is Walt would presumably not be revealed - certainly not by Hank).
That's what I'm saying....

Quote:
But that isn't dramatic or interesting enough and won't happen on this show. There will be a showdown at some point, and I wouldn't be shocked if Hank is the last man standing.
...then you'd have the inevitable as "indestructible" Heisenberg who can't stand to have Hank know or shut down his "Empire," so he takes on Hank.
UVerse and OTA

Old 08-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #319
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
While (our TCF) Hank is wrong about everything, I like this one...
Nope....he's wrong about this too. Never gonna happen. Hank's a straight arrow when it comes to his career...
Old 08-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #320
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
Not really.

An Agent in the Drug Enforcement Agency.

Just like CIA Agent isn't redundant.

phox
It's the Drug Enforcement ADMINISTRATION...not agency.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #321
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Nope....he's wrong about this too. Never gonna happen. Hank's a straight arrow when it comes to his career...
Come on people, I didn't say it was going to happen.. I was just throwing it out there as a "what if..." as one of an infinite number of potential outcomes.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #322
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Dammit Hank. I finally agreed with you and you're wrong again.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #323
wouldworker
_

Quote:
Unless Hank has his office under surveillance and is recording everything Walt does. Of course, this is highly unlikely.
If that were true, Hank would have known that Walt bugged his office and wouldn't have said the things that let Walt know that Lydia hadn't placed the GPS and that the cops were going after Mike.
wouldworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #324
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
It's the Drug Enforcement ADMINISTRATION...not agency.
That makes it even less redundant.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #325
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
That makes it even less redundant.

phox
Exactly...
Old 09-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #326
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

My son went to the mall today, and came back... with THIS.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #327
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
I say you're all right, and I think the season bridging cliffhanger will be that Hank finally wakes up and gets the scent on Walt. ......
Spoiler:

I win!!!

UVerse and OTA

Old 09-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #328
bsnelson
I'm an Android, baby

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
First, I can't see the title without hearing it in the Empress's voice in The Neverending Story. "Bastion! Say! My! Name!"
And I hear the "flute girl" from American Pie screaming "Say my name, bitch!"

Brad
bsnelson is offline   Reply With Quote