TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #2551
DougD

Streambaby - where is cover art file i/o handled in streambaby

I am hoping one of the guru's can point me to where in the streambaby code the image art is handled. I have the line image: xxx.jpg in the metadata file but it is not in the same folder as the video. I am hoping to add a line to catch the file io exception but do not know where to enter it. I am getting the following error messages (note I added additional output messages)

07/07/12 11:07:27 CobraRenderer: In cobra
07/07/12 11:07:27 CobraRenderer: In cobra Going to sleep
Jul 7, 2012 11:07:27 AM org.lobobrowser.html.test.SimpleHttpRequest$1 run
WARNING: send(): Error in asynchronous request on file:/media/raid1/movies/0TO9/0974661.jpg
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /media/raid1/movies/0TO9/0974661.jpg (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:137)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:96)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.file.FileURLConn...ection.java:87)
at sun.net.http://www.protocol.file.FileURLConn...ction.java:178)
at org.lobobrowser.html.test.SimpleHttpRequest.sendSync(SimpleH ttpRequest.java:312)
at org.lobobrowser.html.test.SimpleHttpRequest$1.run(SimpleHttp Request.java:240)
07/07/12 11:07:28 CobraRenderer: In cobra Going to sleep
DougD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #2552
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougD View Post
I am hoping one of the guru's can point me to where in the streambaby code the image art is handled. I have the line image: xxx.jpg in the metadata file but it is not in the same folder as the video. I am hoping to add a line to catch the file io exception but do not know where to enter it. I am getting the following error messages (note I added additional output messages)
Do you have any ability to use the MP4 metadata inside of the MP4 itself? I have been doing that for many years with out an issue. However I know it would require you to apply metadata to all of your movies and use a different process.

For your original question.. The path should up as "/folder/folder/folder/file.jpg" in the error message. You may be able to try using a fully qualified file location in the txt file such as e:/blah/folder/folder.jpg if you are in windows. Another potential gotcha is you may need to use double backslashes, like //folder//folder//image.jpg instead.

Just try a few different things.. Create a few metadata files.. One with the image in the same directory (should work). One with the image in a subdirectory of the movie referenced with a local path.. folder/image.jpg
One with a fully qualified path where the movie lives, etc. Work through those and see what works and what doesn't.

Rick
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #2553
jhilla

Big Grin Streambaby blocked on port 7290?

Last few days streambaby and galleon were working great. yesterday Tivo no longer allowed the port to function. Would this be a Tivo upgrade that hit the series 4 Premiere recently or am I looking at something more tight from Brighthouse? I was told the other day my account had a maintenance? Now I am running Windows 7 Home Premium along with Panda Cloud w Firewall. I have multiple ports open, I show no changes on my end. I already reset the Tivo and no change.
jhilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #2554
jhilla

Smile Nevermind

Turned out Windows Firewall and Panda Firewall were competing killing ports. Disabled WF & Panda now happy with Tivo!
jhilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #2555
DougD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfryar View Post
Do you have any ability to use the MP4 metadata inside of the MP4 itself? I have been doing that for many years with out an issue. However I know it would require you to apply metadata to all of your movies and use a different process.

For your original question.. The path should up as "/folder/folder/folder/file.jpg" in the error message. You may be able to try using a fully qualified file location in the txt file such as e:/blah/folder/folder.jpg if you are in windows. Another potential gotcha is you may need to use double backslashes, like //folder//folder//image.jpg instead.

Just try a few different things.. Create a few metadata files.. One with the image in the same directory (should work). One with the image in a subdirectory of the movie referenced with a local path.. folder/image.jpg
One with a fully qualified path where the movie lives, etc. Work through those and see what works and what doesn't.

Rick
THANKS Your idea of including the subdirectory name such as ./folder/image.jpg seems to do the trick
Old 07-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #2556
bigguy126

Streambaby as a a service - windows 7/64

I had Streambaby installed as a service and running for months. Windows 7 - 64bit. All of a sudden it stopped working. I see it on showcases and am able to see all my videos but it hangs when I select one. It does work if I run it from the bat file. I have a tivo hd and and elite, it is doing it on both. I tried disabling windows firewall and my antivirus(Kapersky). I tried changing the port in the ini, nothing works. Anyone have any ideas? Weird that it stopped all of a sudden.
bigguy126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #2557
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy126 View Post
I had Streambaby installed as a service and running for months. Windows 7 - 64bit. All of a sudden it stopped working. I see it on showcases and am able to see all my videos but it hangs when I select one. It does work if I run it from the bat file. I have a tivo hd and and elite, it is doing it on both. I tried disabling windows firewall and my antivirus(Kapersky). I tried changing the port in the ini, nothing works. Anyone have any ideas? Weird that it stopped all of a sudden.
Sounds like a permissions issue. Ensure the service is running as a real user that has admin access.

I actually stopped running streambaby as a service and am instead running it as a one time BAT scheduled task on startup. Seems to work a bit more reliably.

Rick
Old 08-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #2558
ballzo

Streambaby and pytivo issues

Over the last few weeks, I've been updating my XP laptop. First there was a java update that I think stopped streambaby 0.29 from working a few months ago. Its Java 7 update 5. streambaby fails to start as a service with error 1067. I can't find anything that will get this to work. If I browse to the bat file directory and run the start-streambaby-service.bat, that also fails.

Then I removed my old virus scan software for something more current and secure. I went with Avast free and now I think it maybe stopping my pytivo from working. It will work if I restart the laptop but after some time, they stop showing on my tivo menu's. Can anyone help with any of this? I'm having a hard time getting to any of my personal content. They have worked pretty flawlessly for years until recently.

Ballzo in Sacto
ballzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #2559
bigguy126

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy126 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that I found the solution to above. It appears to be a Java issue. I was at java 7.5, I backed it off to java 6.10 and everything is working again. Working as a service on both machines.
bigguy126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #2560
jcornell

streambaby on Mountain Lion 10.8.1

I installed streambaby on a new iMac running 10.8.0 and it was working fine. I updated to 10.8.1 last week and since then I've been having trouble with it. When I load, it says it's ready an listening, and on the TiVo I can see the Stream Baby Stream menu item but when I click it, it either hangs forever or takes me to the directory and then hangs when I select the directory. Any ideas or suggestions to troubleshoot?
jcornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #2561
davkrev

Not working

Streababy was working fine for a while. Now, I no longer see it in the Showcases & Apps list. I've added the IP again for my computer running the server and it accepts it, but it never shows up in the list.

I am running the latest version of java and have tried disabling symantec firewall & windows firewall -- still no luck...

Any ideas?
davkrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:47 PM   #2562
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by davkrev View Post
I am running the latest version of java and have tried disabling symantec firewall & windows firewall -- still no luck...

Any ideas?
Latest version of Java as in Java 7? That is probably the problem. Roll back to Java 6.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #2563
davkrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Latest version of Java as in Java 7? That is probably the problem. Roll back to Java 6.
Yes. I can downgrade. Which update version of Java6 should I use? Also, should I use 32bit or 64bit version?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #2564
davkrev

Just tried download Java 6 update 35 32bit version and still doesn't work after rebooting computer & tivo.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #2565
ajayabb

I am also having a similar problem with Streambaby and native mp4 files. After I select the video, the program just hangs and never plays. I am running Windows 7. Same problem after rolling back to JRE 6.35. Maybe I will try an even older Java version and see. Very strange. Programs that require encoding play just fine, and some mp4s play while other that did previously no longer stream.

2 Roamio Plus Tivos
1 Tivo Mini
Running Pytivo and Streambaby
ajayabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #2566
DougD

A new version of Streambaby is now available. The program has been updated to provide a search capability based on the metadata files. You can search based on title, actor, writer, director, genre or any combination. The download is here:http://code.google.com/p/streambaby/...20828-2030.zip

Changes consist of:
* Added Search capability
* Changed display of show jpg on play screen to only wait a specified amount of time in case jpg is missing
* Added new config CoverImagesFolder= for specifying folder which contains all show covers

Last edited by DougD : 09-08-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #2567
DougD

Let me know if you have any questions about the new search capability in streambaby
Old 09-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #2568
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Let me know if you have any questions about the new search capability in streambaby
Does this search MP4 file metadata as well? I have 3000 MP4 movies all with only MP4 metadata and embedded image. I prefer never to construct a separate metadata file.

Glad to see some development occurring in Streambaby again.

Thanks,

Rick
Old 09-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #2569
DougD

It only looks at txt files such as moviename.mpg.txt However it works with the Med's Movie Manager database so check out Med's movie Manager it has several ways to read in movie information.. You may be in luck the website says "Technical info can also be retrieved from media files like AVI, OGM, MPEG and DVD (ifo)."

Once you create the database (choose HSQLDB for the type) streambaby will be able to read it.

Last edited by DougD : 09-10-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #2570
mrpantstm
Well aren't you

I also have the same problem of Streambaby up and stop working last week. I can start Streambaby but it doesn't seem like Tivo is connecting with it (Just sits there listening). I am able to get it to connect fine on my laptop so it's not my router. I assume something auto updated but I've rolled the Java back to 6 with no luck. Any other ideas?
mrpantstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #2571
DougD

I assume streambaby shows up as a menu choice. Do you then get a please wait when selecting it? Are you running streambaby on a Windows PC or Linux or Mac?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #2572
DougD

This may be premature but has anyone successfully used the new search feature?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #2573
mrpantstm
Well aren't you

Quote:
I assume streambaby shows up as a menu choice. Do you then get a please wait when selecting it? Are you running streambaby on a Windows PC or Linux or Mac?
No, Streambaby does not show up as a menu choice in the Showcase tab. It doesn't seem like it's making a connection with the server. Running on Windows 7. Was working fine up until last week. Works fine on my Windows 7 laptop.
mrpantstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #2574
DougD

I have also had a problem with this over the past few weeks but found that if I leave streambaby running then by the next day the Tivo finds the app again. Not sure why this is happening or if other apps are having the same problem.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #2575
DougD

In the new version of Streambaby http://code.google.com/p/streambaby/...20828-2030.zip, to update the database, delete or rename the old one and the next time you select search the database will automatically be created.

Last edited by DougD : 09-22-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #2576
DougD

In streambaby search http://code.google.com/p/streambaby/...20828-2030.zip pressing the replay key will immediately execute a search.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #2577
emkorial

Anyone else having audio issues?

Videos will start fine, but when there is a loud sound like an explosion or somehting, the suido cuts out and won;t come back until I pause and restart. Then after a few times of that, the Tivo will crash and reboot. Any ideas?

Running a TivoHD
emkorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:01 AM   #2578
nrnoble

EDIT: Solved. Apparently the default setting for the Premiere is to display video as 4:3, thus cropping the video. Changing the setting to letterbox fixed my cropping problem.

I am posting my question before having scanned all 86 pages, but as soon as post my question I shall continue searching for a solution.

Q: Is there a way to control the cropping and\or aspect ratio of the movies while using StreamBaby to an HDTV?

I've only tested a few movies so far, but all the widescreen movies I tried result with significant cropping of the widescreen movies that appear letterbox even on my HDTV. The problem is obvious when watching the opening credits and text is clipped and during scenes where people are opposite sides, and one or both are mostly off screen. When the movie are played back on the PC\Mac, movie has the proper aspect ratio and no cropping occurs.

Maybe its the way that I have been ripping the movies, and if I ripped the movies differently, Steambaby would display the movie without cropping it.

Thanks for any tips.
Tivo user since 1999.

Last edited by nrnoble : 10-06-2012 at 08:52 AM.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #2579
BP-isMe

What is the upgrade proceedure

Do I just copy over the files? I am running as a service...I assume I could stop the service, copy over the files.

Thank You...
BP-isMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #2580
DougD

To upgrade to new version of streambaby

1. Download the file http://code.google.com/p/streambaby/...20828-2030.zip
2. unzip the file. In Linux I do this by opening a terminal server cd to the folder and entering unzip streambaby*2030.zip you should be able to do this from windows by right clicking and then selecting extract all
3. stop the currently running streambaby
4. Start streambaby - from linux I do this by
cd str*2030
sudo ./streambaby

If you are running streambaby as a service instead of step 4 try the following http://code.google.com/p/streambaby/...ceInstallation