TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #271
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
I'd imagine getting 9 people in prison offed when you are white and not named Gotti is pretty tough. It ain't like Landry is an Italian white guy anyway.
that's what I was thinking. Besides who says they are all in the same place? These guys haven't even been tried yet, right?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #272
DeDondeEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
Walt didn't seem too thrilled about paying them. I don't see him continuing Mike's plan. Especially when it was the execution of that plan that led the feds to Mike.

Some scribbles of chemistry notes in Todd's handwriting doesn't seem like great evidence against Walt. If Todd gets arrested and starts talking, he could certainly say a lot that would lead to Walt's arrest, but his notes would just be a minor bit of evidence that indirectly (at best) points to Walt.
I was thinking that the notes and Walt's techniques would end up in the hands of the group in Phoenix trying to buy the methylmene.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #273
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
BTW, I read on a BrBa wiki that Mike, Walt, and Jesse bought outright the exterm biz from Ira(?). I'm not sure that's the case. I thought they bought a percentage of the biz fro Ira, but not the whole thing.
I don't think so. At least that's not how I interpreted the money-splitting scene. I understood it to mean that the Vamanos Pest owner got a big chunk up front and a small amount from every cook in perpetuity. Remember that the pest company does 4-5 houses a week, and only a handful of the houses are suitable for the cook, so Vamanos Pest has to still be operating its legitimate extermination business and since neither Mike nor Walter are running it, I don't see any evidence that they bought the business outright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
You would have to believe someone was throwing rocks from the inside of the car to break the passenger side window from the inside.
A) It wasn't the passenger window, it was the driver's window; and B) the window wasn't broken from the inside. It was shot by Walt from the outside in, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
Quote:
Some scribbles of chemistry notes in Todd's handwriting doesn't seem like great evidence against Walt. If Todd gets arrested and starts talking, he could certainly say a lot that would lead to Walt's arrest, but his notes would just be a minor bit of evidence that indirectly (at best) points to Walt.
It could be that Landry took notes about a certain formula or process and Hank will see those notes and they'll remind him of something similar or identical in Gale's notebook and that's how he'll put the two together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I predict that Walt's undoing, however it happens, will be due to something directly related to his ego and hubris. It won't be due to good investigative work on Hank's part, or because another person (Jesse, Todd, Saul, whomever) gets caught, flips, or screws up. Walt will screw Walt.
Ultimately, I agree with this. It just makes the most sense from a literary standpoint. Nobody else but Walt is going to be responsible for Walt's downfall.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #274
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I don't think so. At least that's not how I interpreted the money-splitting scene. I understood it to mean that the Vamanos Pest owner got a big chunk up front and a small amount from every cook in perpetuity. Remember that the pest company does 4-5 houses a week, and only a handful of the houses are suitable for the cook, so Vamanos Pest has to still be operating its legitimate extermination business and since neither Mike nor Walter are running it, I don't see any evidence that they bought the business outright.
You mean something I read on the internet is WRONG??!?!?

(BTW, I agree that the biz was not sold outright).

cite: http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Vamonos_Pest_Control

Also, sold in 2009? Really? WTF?
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #275
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

You mean something I read on the internet is WRONG??!?!?

(BTW, I agree that the biz was not sold outright).

cite: http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Vamonos_Pest_Control

Also, sold in 2009? Really? WTF?
The series started in 2008. Not sure when it is set, but 2008 would be a reasonable guess. One year has passed so far in the show's timeline, so although it is now 2012 for us, it's only 2009 for the characters.

Out of curiosity, anyone know the model year of the new cars Walt recently bought? Are they current models?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #276
Hank
AC•FTW

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #277
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I totally agree with this. I think that was the whole point of the writers bringing Todd into the cook. Not that he is going to take over, but he'll get pinched and lead the DEA closer to Hank.
Walt.

Quote:
A) It wasn't the passenger window, it was the driver's window; and B) the window wasn't broken from the inside. It was shot by Walt from the outside in, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
tiams was clearly suggesting that the bullet was fired through and through, entering from the driver's window and exiting through the passenger window. You really could not understand that?

Quote:
It could be that Landry took notes about a certain formula or process and Hank will see those notes and they'll remind him of something similar or identical in Gale's notebook and that's how he'll put the two together.
Gale was a chemistry genius, but Todd will have similar notes (and he's no rocket scientist!), so that will be extremely suspicious. They might just nab Todd while he tries to arrange for his convict relatives to silence Mike's 9 guys.

I don't see Walt ever trying to kill Hank. If the jig is up, he has cancer, so he might give himself a severe case of "lead poisoning" (or take the ricin). But I also don't think Walt has the guts to kill himself, unless it was quick and painless. The season premiere suggests he will go out in a "blaze of glory", but that might be while taking down his new business partners.

Walt's legacy might be as the hero, as he took down Heisenberg's gang.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #278
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

I could be wrong, but I thought they were just paying the Vamanos guy(s) and didn't think they were actually taking ownership of all or part of the business. Not sure why they would even want to do that.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #279
Hank
AC•FTW

Also from that Wiki, has Walt's blue meth on the show ever been called by name as Blue Sky? I don't think I've ever heard it called that in the show. If that's the case, where did this name come from? Fanfic?
Old 08-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #280
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Also from that Wiki, has Walt's blue meth on the show ever been called by name as Blue Sky? I don't think I've ever heard it called that in the show. If that's the case, where did this name come from? Fanfic?
I recall Hank calling it that at one point, but can't remember the scene to look it up.

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #281
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
I don't see Walt ever trying to kill Hank. If the jig is up, he has cancer, so he might give himself a severe case of "lead poisoning" (or take the ricin). But I also don't think Walt has the guts to kill himself, unless it was quick and painless.
His ego is too big, and getting bigger. He wants fame and glory for the hard work he's done. I think the fact that Walter is asking for the names of the 9 guys in jail/prison to silence them is proof enough he'll kill if threatened. I think under the right circumstances he'd kill Hank, Skylar, Jesse, or Marie without much thought.
Quote:
Walt's legacy might be as the hero, as he took down Heisenberg's gang.
Walter White from season 1 or 2 maybe, Heizenberg today, no way.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #282
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
I recall Hank calling it that at one point, but can't remember the scene to look it up.
I concur.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #283
john4200

Quote:
tiams was clearly suggesting that the bullet was fired through and through, entering from the driver's window and exiting through the passenger window.
But that is not what happened. The angle of the shot clearly went down into the car. And the passenger window was clearly visible after the shot, still intact, with blood spatter on it.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #284
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Found it. S02E13. Gomez calls it Blue Sky during Hank's briefing about Combo's death:

Quote:
Hank: So why am I talking about him?

Hank: Anyone? Anyone?

Hank: Bueller?

Gomez: He was dealing Blue Sky.

Hank: That's right.
It could be called that later on in the series, I didn't keep looking. But that was definitely the first time that it is called Blue Sky. I checked the subtitle files starting with S01E01 until I hit on a match

Big Blue and Blue Magic also came up as I was searching.

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #285
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
tiams was clearly suggesting that the bullet was fired through and through, entering from the driver's window and exiting through the passenger window. You really could not understand that?
No, I really could not understand that, because that doesn't make sense at all with what happened in the show. As jcondon said just above this post, the bullet went downward through the driver's window and into Mike's body. I don't understand why the passenger window (which remained intact) or it being broken from the inside were mentioned by tiams at all. I still don't, even after your wildly condescending post.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #286
getreal
postcrastinator

I also saw the shot as going down into Mike's gut and possibly leg, and not exiting the passenger window ... but tiams was (I thought) pretty clearly suggesting that the passenger window got shot out during that scene. Maybe she thought that Mike accidentally shot out the passenger window with the gun he was later seen holding to his gut? It's moot now. RIP Mike.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #287
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

The Breaking Bad magic bullet theory?
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #288
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
I still don't, even after your wildly condescending post.
I was not being condescending. At least that was not my intention. I enjoy your contributions to the discussions. We ALL need to try to NOT take things said around here personally, yo!

Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #289
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
The Breaking Bad magic bullet theory?
Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #290
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I was not being condescending. At least that was not my intention.
OK, I'll take your word for it. But re-reading that post, I don't see any other way to read the phrase, "You really could not understand that?"
Old 08-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #291
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
OK, I'll take your word for it. But re-reading that post, I don't see any other way to read the phrase, "You really could not understand that?"
Y'know, we ALL love this show, and sometimes it is hard to see through someone else's eyes. tiams described the shooting scene in a way that neither you nor I saw it (blowing out the passenger window). I understood what she was saying, even though I disagreed with it. I was just trying to clarify her apparent theory.

The tendency (on all forums) is for people to defend their interpretation, and not to allow others to suggest something else. Then threads devolve into overanalyzing the minutiae and misinterpreting other's words. A number of us try to convince others that WE are right and OTHERS are wrong, and it goes on and on.

We know this stuff already. It could be a forum about playing guitar, to sharing tips about business, to watching TV. But it happens everywhere, all the time.

So, really, nothing personal. No judgments from me. We all have our moments.

Pals?

Old 08-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #292
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Y'know, we ALL love this show, and sometimes it is hard to see through someone else's eyes. tiams described the shooting scene in a way that neither you nor I saw it (blowing out the passenger window). I understood what she was saying, even though I disagreed with it. I was just trying to clarify her apparent theory.

The tendency (on all forums) is for people to defend their interpretation, and not to allow others to suggest something else. Then threads devolve into overanalyzing the minutiae and misinterpreting other's words. A number of us try to convince others that WE are right and OTHERS are wrong, and it goes on and on.

We know this stuff already. It could be a forum about playing guitar, to sharing tips about business, to watching TV. But it happens everywhere, all the time.

So, really, nothing personal. No judgments from me. We all have our moments.

Pals?
Sure. Pals it is. I just still don't see how tiams' (a guy, by the way) original post said anything about a bullet blowing out the passenger window.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #293
mike_k

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
tiams' (a guy, by the way)
Are you sure?
mike_k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #294
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Sure. Pals it is. I just still don't see how tiams' (a guy, by the way) original post said anything about a bullet blowing out the passenger window.
From the BB502 ("Madrigal") thread, replying to you, BTW:

Quote:
If she is doing it because she is afraid of him it's not voluntary, therefore very rapey. Maybe you have to be a woman to get it.
I thought (s)he came right out a said (s)he was a (fe)male in one post and I made a mental note of it. Then I re-read this particular post, and maybe I (miss*)interpreted it that way.

So, tiams, what say you?

* pun intended

Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #295
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_k View Post
Are you sure?
No, I guess I'm not sure.
Quote:
From the BB502 ("Madrigal") thread, replying to you, BTW:

I thought (s)he came right out a said (s)he was a (fe)male in one post and I made a mental note of it. Then I re-read this particular post, and maybe I (miss*)interpreted it that way.

So, tiams, what say you?

* pun intended
I was thinking there had been confusion with tiams' gender in the past and s/he had corrected people that s/he was a guy. I may have gotten it backwards, or I may have confused him/her with someone else. If so, I'm sorry.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #296
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
You would have to believe someone was throwing rocks from the inside of the car to break the passenger side window from the inside.

All those notes he was taking will end up being evidence.

No, when Hank was looking at all the photos of Mike, something was tickling his subconscious. What that something was will eventually come to the surface and Hank and the viewers will see it.

Does anyone have screen grabs of the photos? Perhaps we could figure out what clue they give.
I disagree. I also think they were just illustrating how distracted he was by the case. He was lost in thought while his boss was asking him a question and he was totally oblivious.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #297
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
So, tiams, what say you?
She's a she. I remember her correcting someone many, many posts ago.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #298
GTuck
ClownPrinceofCrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
The series started in 2008. Not sure when it is set, but 2008 would be a reasonable guess. One year has passed so far in the show's timeline, so although it is now 2012 for us, it's only 2009 for the characters.

Out of curiosity, anyone know the model year of the new cars Walt recently bought? Are they current models?
They are current models, at least Walt's Chrysler 300 SRT8 is a 2012, Walt Jr's could have been a 2009, but I'm betting it was also a 2012. It was pretty much a Chrysler commercial for about 30 seconds while they were revving their engines in the driveway.
GTuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #299
tiams

She is a she.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #300
BradJW

Is she hot?

(what? Someone was gonna ask.)
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote