TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #31
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I'm only guessing but is it when they see their family members?
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #32
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.

I'm guessing it is when they see their family members.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #33
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I don't think so. I think it was a reaction of someone either failing at a challenge or possibly being hurt. That's from Gabon - Matty, Sugar, can't remember who.

Problem is we didn't discuss that gif during the Gabon season threads, but much more recently and I can't remember when.

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #34
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I'd guess it's their reaction to Jeff unveiling the reward at a reward challenge, or explaining some kind of twist.

Reading the Wikipedia entry for that season I could see a couple of possibilities:

1. During the "loved ones" episode, Jeff told them the reward was simply being able to view a video from their loved ones, and that the loved ones were not there. However, after the reward challenge, the winner, Bob, was actually surprised by his wife being there in person. Then the other loved ones came out as well. Matty actually proposed to his girlfriend that day, so perhaps that's why he got the huge grin.

2. This was the first season when the winning tribe at a reward challenge got to send a member of the losing tribe to Exile Island. Maybe this was when Jeff explained that rule.

3. This was the season when the tribes came together for the Merge feast, found a hidden immunity idol, and then all agreed to throw it in the ocean so nobody would have the advantage. However, Jeff then revealed that they hadn't actually merged, and they were still two separate tribes.

Also, Corrine (the other woman in the picture) finished 7th that season, so the gif couldn't have come from the final few episodes.

Last edited by DevdogAZ : 08-30-2012 at 04:36 PM.
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #35
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Well I found the preview for when they saw their family members. The guy doesn't have a shirt on so it isn't that.

Survivor: Gabon - Week 12 Preview
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #36
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.

Then it was when Jeff took his pants off.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #37
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Well I found the preview for when they saw their family members. The guy doesn't have a shirt on so it isn't that.

Survivor: Gabon - Week 12 Preview
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Not necessarily. As I added in my post above, there was a twist that episode. First, Jeff told them their loved ones weren't there, but the winner of the reward challenge would get to watch a video. Then, when Bob won and was watching his video, his wife came out and surprised him. The .gif could have been from that moment. Then later, after Bob had spent a little time with his wife, he surprised the rest of the players with the fact that all their loved ones were there (which is what your video shows).
Old 08-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #38
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

I just did a search for "survivor gif grin episode" and got this as the first hit (I didn't watch that season either so I have no idea if it is accurate, but it seems so):

http://funny115.com/v2/57_a.htm

Quote:
This is Matty's giant ****-eating grin when he realizes that the leader of the Kota alliance (Marcus) has now been voted out of the game
From episode 9 apparently.
audioscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #39
Donbadabon
Geocacher

It was a reaction to Marcus being voted out at the last tribal council.

In Episode 8: "Apple in the Garden of Eden", Marcus was blindsided 3-2.

In Episode 9: "The Brains Behind Everything" - Several castaways expected a merge notice via tree mail, but instead the tribes received a Reward Challenge note. Before the beginning of the Reward Challenge, Charlie and Corinne were very upset at Marcus being voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Text from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Gabon

Edit: Do'h, 2 minutes too slow
Donbadabon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #40
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

They were watching video of the time Sugar's top came off during a challenge. The male/female reactions seem about right.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #41
TampaThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
They were watching video of the time Sugar's top came off during a challenge. The male/female reactions seem about right.
Except Sugar's one of the ones watching.
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #42
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioscience View Post
I just did a search for "survivor gif grin episode" and got this as the first hit (I didn't watch that season either so I have no idea if it is accurate, but it seems so):

http://funny115.com/v2/57_a.htm

From episode 9 apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
It was a reaction to Marcus being voted out at the last tribal council.

In Episode 8: "Apple in the Garden of Eden", Marcus was blindsided 3-2.

In Episode 9: "The Brains Behind Everything" - Several castaways expected a merge notice via tree mail, but instead the tribes received a Reward Challenge note. Before the beginning of the Reward Challenge, Charlie and Corinne were very upset at Marcus being voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Text from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Gabon

Edit: Do'h, 2 minutes too slow
Ah, that makes sense. A little more backstory:

Corrine, Sugar, and Marcus were all originally in Kota. At the Switch, Jeff asked the teams to rank the members of their tribe in order of importance, and Marcus and Matty were ranked first on their respective tribes and were then the "captains" of a schoolyard pick to re-distribute the teams. Thus, Marcus and Matty were the leaders of their tribes and essentially enemies.

At the beginning of Episode 8, they were all expecting the Merge. Marcus' tribe had a 6-4 numbers advantage and thus, Matty likely figured he and his tribe were done. They all went to the beach for the merge feast. However, at that feast, they all were instructed to pick a rock and then a clue was read which said that they had not merged, but instead they had just been placed into new tribes by virtue of the rock they drew (odd on one team, even on the other). Marcus and Matty each stayed on their original tribes, but the numbers were evened out at 5-5, and three of Marcus' original team was switched, which meant that Marcus left the merge having been placed in a tribe where he was now in the minority.

Marcus was voted out that night, and the .gif is the reaction of those three players to finding out Marcus had been blindsided (Corrine and Sugar having originally been in Marcus' tribe, and Matty having thought he was toast just an episode before).
Old 08-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #43
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaThunder View Post
Except Sugar's one of the ones watching.
Yes, she is.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #44
TampaThunder

Quote:
Yes, she is.
LOL, now I see what you are saying. I am such a dumb ass.
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #45
Peter000

Wow. I know I watched it, but I don't remember anything about that season AT ALL. They could probably rerun it as new and I wouldn't be any the wiser.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #46
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
On a related note, anyone interested in seeing all of Sugar (and I do mean *all* except what is covered by a pair of roller skates) would enjoy the episode of Weeds that aired a couple weeks ago. Oh la la, she looked delicious!

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #47
Donbadabon
Geocacher

^^

Oh my.

Not a fan of the belly tattoo, and she suffers from noassatall, but her sugar cubes look nice.
Donbadabon is online now   Reply With Quote