TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
gcsheph

HD stream from Netflix through Tivo- HELP!

Streaming non-– HD from Netflix through TiVo works okay. However, with HD you get sound and only a gray screen. This is been tried with multiple programs with the same result so it does not appear to be related to any individual Netflix program.

We tried changing out the wireless connection to the TiVo for a cat 5 cable – no change. The TiVo is connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RXV-1900 receiver and on to a Sony TV via another HDMI cable. (By the way, the TV shows the resolution of 720 P HD.) The Netflix people suggest that maybe there's some copy protection thing going on at the receiver side that is blanking out the picture, and that maybe by routing the TiVo to the TV and back to the receiver (which would be a mess) might help. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or experience with this type of situation to offer, it will be most appreciated! This is a very frustrating problem. Many thanks!
gcsheph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Try running HDMI directly from TiVo to TV as a test.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
V7Goose
Verizon FiOS

I can't solve your problem, but I do want to assure you that it is not some problem specific to the TiVo. I used Netflix for close to a year with both my THD and S3 TiVo boxes, with no problems at all for HD programs. I finally got tired of the terrible Netflix service (really crappy streaming during all prime time), so I canceled the service.

There are lots of things that can affect Netflix performance, including server load, Internet traffic, your local ISP, your router, and your LAN. But I do not know of anything that would give you the gray screen you describe. I suppose it could be related to extremely low bandwidth or network speed, but since you did not provide any information in those areas, I cannot speculate. I hope you get it sorted out.
V7Goose is offline   Reply With Quote