Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The Glass House (Finale) - 8/20/2012

What? No thread? Was anyone still watching?

I was kinda pulling for Andrea, but Kevin winning is good too. I just didn't want his stalker to win.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Gave up after episode one.

So is this the last time we'll ever see this show hit the airwaves?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I watched. I was ok with him winning just because he was the most entertaining one in the house. Like I've said before, I would watch again but it's not that great of a show. It's much more interesting when America doesn't influence the game based on the few hours that they're allowed to vote and based on what little the editors decide to show us.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Jebberwocky!

we watched, not terrible for summer entertainment but we discussed whether we would watch again, my Wife said no but I hedged thinking that if they revamped it somewhat it might get better. IIRC, big brother was revamped after the first season pretty successfully.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I felt bad for Erica. A lot of us have been blindsided by feelings for someone who didn't return them, and we just couldn't see what was happening. Kevin did play into that a bit, feeding that fire just enough to give her hope.

I enjoyed the show, and would watch again if they brought back a 2nd season. Doesn't seem likely since they had such low numbers though.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I might give it a second chance if they do it again to see if they improve things. Like jebberwocky said BB 1 kinda sucked but they made fixes for the next season.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
stellie93

I thought the contestants were interesting and the challenges were pretty good. Unfortunately there was nothing you could do to save yourself unless you had voters organized on the outside. Nothing else really mattered. Kevin played a good game by carefully trying not to annoy the audience. Plus he's so cute......
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

I wasn't too shocked that Kevin won. I would go for a second season, I would hope maybe they would go up to at least 2 nights, maybe 3 like BB.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #9
TIVOSciolist
Bye to High Society

Kevin and Andrea were in the final two? I may have to go back and watch everything I missed.

I had given up on the show when it looked as though it was going to get too political and that Kevin's side was going to get wiped out. How'd they pull it off?
TIVOSciolist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVOSciolist View Post
Kevin and Andrea were in the final two?
Well, there was no final two, it was a final 3.

And while Erica and Andrea were eliminated at the same time during the breaking of the glass, text-overs listed the order as:

Kevin - 1st place
Erica - 2nd place
Andrea - 3rd place
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I was pulling for Andrea, but am happy with Kevin winning. I started off liking Erika, but she ended up too crazy for me!

I thought the last episode got pretty mean with showing them video of when the didn't know they were being broadcasted! It was like they (the producers) were intentionally hurting Erika to create drama.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was happy with Kevin winning... he did play the smartest game (such as voting for his ally Mike when it came out that Mike had taken $$$ in the puppet game).

I didn't feel that Kevin intentionally led Erica on... he said some things that in his mind meant one thing, but to Erica they implied something else. As usual, communication breakdown.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #13
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post

I didn't feel that Kevin intentionally led Erica on... he said some things that in his mind meant one thing, but to Erica they implied something else. As usual, communication breakdown.
He did go to bed and make out with her.

I thought the real a-hole move was announcing on national TV that the woman he has been in a relationship with for the past 5 years "isn't the one". I wonder how she felt when she and all her family and friends found out he felt that way.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I watched the whole series, but don't know if I'll invest in it if there's another season. The audience voting on who stays and goes just doesn't work. First of all, it means that in order to win, you have to be likable...i.e. boring. Don't do anything to p*ss the audience off. Second, because an alliance in the game was really kind of meaningless, there was very little talk of the actual game. Just a lot of social stuff, such as Erica's infatuation with Kevin. If you like the Jersey Shore / Real World kind of thing then I guess that is for you.

I found the ending really blah. There was no suspense to me (or maybe I just didn't care enough about these people to make it suspenseful. The charm about the finales of games like Survivor or Big Brother is that because there's a jury, the players have to scheme from the get go, and all the way through to the finale. That just wasn't part of this game.
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #15
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post

I thought the last episode got pretty mean with showing them video of when the didn't know they were being broadcasted! It was like they (the producers) were intentionally hurting Erika to create drama.
I didn't get that--aren't they being filmed pretty much all the time, everywhere? So did they specifically tell them they weren't being filmed, and then film it anyway? You'd think your contract would protect you from that.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #16
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
He did go to bed and make out with her.

I thought the real a-hole move was announcing on national TV that the woman he has been in a relationship with for the past 5 years "isn't the one". I wonder how she felt when she and all her family and friends found out he felt that way.
He did week 2 or so, yes. But after that, he pretty much kept his distance and said "I like you, but I'm not THAT into you." Not saying he's perfect or not in the wrong, but Erica was interpreting everything to be "he wants me". I wish they had shown a short segment about making dinner or some random boring discussion, where every time someone says something, Erica gets a thought bubble over her head that says "Kevin wants me."

I would think Miss Isn't The One should know that she isn't the one after five years!!

Old 08-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
I would think Miss Isn't The One should know that she isn't the one after five years!!
He must be giving her the false impression that they have a future together. Otherwise she wouldn't have stayed for 5 years.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #18
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

I saw an episode of GSN's "Baggage" ( it's a game show for those who don't know)
anyway, Alex was one of the 3 guys trying to win a date with the girl. He was just as much of a tool on this show as he was on Glass House.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #19
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Thread resurrection time.

This weekend my wife started watching the Food Network show "Worst Cooks in America".

It's entertaining to some degree, but imagine my surprise when I saw all the contestants and one of them was none other than Alex from Glass House. He was doing the same arrogant SOB schtick he was doing on GH. Needless to say the hosts saw what he was up to and he didn't last too long.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Professional reality show contestant.... and a bad one at that!