TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #4231
kpeters59

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammsmcghee View Post
I actually have one in each. The one I transferred from the old computer is in Program Files. The fresh download is in the x86 folder.
Did you check to make sure that the file 'properties' aren't set to read only, or that the 'security' settings of the files will allow your 'new' user to R/W to it?
kpeters59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #4232
spammsmcghee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeters59 View Post
Did you check to make sure that the file 'properties' aren't set to read only, or that the 'security' settings of the files will allow your 'new' user to R/W to it?
That was it. I hate Windows! Now that I got the new version to work also, is there a way to import the Auto Transfers list from the old version to the new one so I don't have to add all of them again?
spammsmcghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #4233
kpeters59

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammsmcghee View Post
That was it. I hate Windows! Now that I got the new version to work also, is there a way to import the Auto Transfers list from the old version to the new one so I don't have to add all of them again?
I think there's some settings stored in your user/roaming folder. Not too sure.
kpeters59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:43 AM   #4234
spammsmcghee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeters59 View Post
I think there's some settings stored in your user/roaming folder. Not too sure.
It's the auto.ini file in the kmttg folder. I copied the old one and pasted into the new folder, and it worked.
spammsmcghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #4235
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
The first one obviously is the failure to download. Have you tried setting the "Treat each recording as unique" checkbox?
OK, I looked for this, and I cannot find such a checkbox anywhere in the config section. Where is it?

Quote:
Of course, this will lead to your second problem: file name collision. You could probably remedy this by adding [hour] and [min] to the file name template but of course since this is currently a global setting, it will apply to all of your downloads.
No, I looked into this, too, and doing so would produce a horrible mess. The primary issue is the output from kmttg produces a bunch of files, and handling each one in my scripts with the additional hour and minute, even when stuck in the least obtrusive place would require a lot of fiddling script changes. I could do it, of course, but it would take far more time than it is worth. For example:

Code:
dirName=${fileName%/*}
stubName=${shortName%.mp[4g]*}
PrjName=$stubName.VPrj
prjName=$stubName.Vprj
fileType=.mpg
echo $shortName | grep -q .mp4 && fileType=.mp4
echo

cd /usr/share/pyTivo/Unverified
[ -a "$shortName" ] && rm "$shortName"
[ -a "$shortName.txt" ] && rm "$shortName.txt"

cd "$metaDir"
[[ -a "$stubName.mpg.txt" ]] && mv "$stubName.mpg.txt" "$fileName.txt"
rm -f "$PrjName" "$prjName" "$shortName" "$stubName.mpg" "$stubName.edl" "$stubName.log" "$stubName.logo.txt" "$stubName.mpg.Xcl"

cd "$metaTDir"
rm -f "$stubName.TiVo.txt"
$fileName and $shortName are the fully qualified and unqualified name of the final video file on the server, which would not contain the [hour] and [min] string, but do contain the extension. Inserting [hour] and [min] anywhere in the middle of those strings for the comparisons above would be very doable, but also very messy. That is just one example, though. There are lots of similar, but unique, issues with monkeying with the existing name structure in the scripts. The differences between

<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>).mp[4g] <= $shortName
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>).mpg.txt
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>).VPrj
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>).mp[4g].jpg
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>).epl
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>).mpg.Xcl
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>).TiVo.txt

and

<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>).mp[4g] <= $shortName
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>)<hour><min>.mpg
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>)<hour><min>.mpg.txt
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>)<hour><min>.VPrj
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>)<hour><min>.mp[4g].jpg
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>)<hour><min>.epl
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>)<hour><min>.mpg.Xcl
<Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day>, <year>, <channel>)<hour><min>.TiVo.txt

are a bit intricate, especially when <Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day> <year>, <channel>) is a key element but <Title> (Recorded <dow> <mon> <day> <year>, <channel>)<hour><min> is not. The fact $shortName and $stubName are no longer unique WRT the <hour><min> embedded files also throws grit into the gears.

Last edited by lrhorer : 08-18-2012 at 12:50 AM.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #4236
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
OK, I looked for this, and I cannot find such a checkbox anywhere in the config section. Where is it?
It's part of auto transfers configuration form.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #4237
lpwcomp

Quote:
And based on what appears to be actually happening (file name collisions) rather than what you originally thought was happening ( recordings not being processed by kmttg), it wouldn't do anything for you anyway.

Your problem is two or more episodes of the same series with the same episode title shown on the same day. You have to add something to the file name to prevent collisions.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #4238
lrhorer

Oh, OK, I found it. It's in the auto transfer config.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I just saw moyekj's post. I had already stumbled across it, but thanks for the reply.

Quote:
And based on what appears to be actually happening (file name collisions) rather than what you originally thought was happening ( recordings not being processed by kmttg)
No, no. The second recording is definitely not being processed. Kmttg is set to delete the recordings after processing, so one is deleted and one remains on the TiVo, because the first already resides on the server. Unless, of course, that is what you mean by a file name collision, since it is of a sort just that, but kmttg terms it "skipping":

Code:
2012_08_18_16:52:39 START PROCESSING OF ENTRY: JAG - Adrift
2012_08_18_16:52:51 >> CREATING \\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_HD\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).TiVo.txt ...
2012_08_18_16:52:53 ---DONE--- job=metadata output=\\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_HD\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).TiVo.txt
2012_08_18_16:53:05 >> CREATING \\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).mpg.txt ...
2012_08_18_16:53:07 ---DONE--- job=metadata output=\\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).mpg.txt
2012_08_18_16:53:19 >> DOWNLOADING/DECRYPTING TO \\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).mpg ...
2012_08_18_16:53:19 "C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg\curl\curl.exe" --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cookie3743762314352028481.tmp" --url "http://192.168.1.102:80/download/JAG.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=5834761" | "C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe" --mak MAK --no-verify --out "\\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).mpg" -
2012_08_18_17:29:04 NOTE: \\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).mpg: size=5323.07 MB elapsed=0:35:45 (20.82 Mbps)
2012_08_18_17:29:04 ---DONE--- job=download_decrypt output=\\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).mpg
2012_08_18_17:29:07 >> Running comskip on \\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).mpg ...
2012_08_18_17:29:07 "C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg\comskip\comskip.exe" --ini "C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg\comskip\comskip.ini" --videoredo "\\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).mpg" 
2012_08_18_17:43:37 ---DONE--- job=comskip output=\\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).VPrj
2012_08_18_17:54:01 START PROCESSING OF ENTRY: JAG - Adrift
2012_08_18_17:54:15 NOTE: SKIPPING METADATA GENERATION, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: \\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_HD\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).TiVo.txt
2012_08_18_17:54:15 NOTE: SKIPPING METADATA GENERATION, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: \\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).mpg.txt
2012_08_18_17:54:27 NOTE: SKIPPING DOWNLOAD/DECRYPT, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: \\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).mpg
2012_08_18_17:54:29 NOTE: SKIPPING COMSKIP, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: \\RAID-Server\Server-Main\Movies\TiVo_MPG\JAG - Adrift (Recorded Wed Jul 25, 2012, AXSTV).VPrj
Whether one deems "skipping" to constitute processing or not, the fact is kmttg only transfers and deletes one of the files but does nothing other than take note of the second and decline to transfer, decrypt, and delete it. That is what I meant by "not being processed by kmttg".

Quote:
Your problem is two or more episodes of the same series with the same episode title shown on the same day. You have to add something to the file name to prevent collisions.
Given the small number of remaining cases where this will be an issue, it's just going to be easier to manually move the first downloads to temporary file names and manage the rest by hand. It's still a pain, but a lot less so than digging back through all the scripts.

Last edited by lrhorer : 08-18-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #4239
lpwcomp

Quote:
No, no. The second recording is definitely not being processed. Kmttg is set to delete the recordings after processing, so one is deleted and one remains on the TiVo, because the first already resides on the server. Unless, of course, that is what you mean by a file name collision, since it is of a sort just that, but kmttg terms it "skipping":
That's because you don't have the "Overwrite existing files" box checked, so yes, the skipping is the result of file name collision. It's a good thing you didn't have that option selected. Otherwise, the second episode would have wiped out the first.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #4240
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
That's because you don't have the "Overwrite existing files" box checked, so yes, the skipping is the result of file name collision. It's a good thing you didn't have that option selected. Otherwise, the second episode would have wiped out the first.
That's the reason I use [year].[month].[date].[hour].[min] in my filename scheme.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #4241
lrhorer

Quote:
That's because you don't have the "Overwrite existing files" box checked
That is, of course, deliberate.

Quote:
so yes, the skipping is the result of file name collision. It's a good thing you didn't have that option selected. Otherwise, the second episode would have wiped out the first.
Obviously, and in that case the show would be gone from both the Tivo and the server.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #4242
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
That's the reason I use [year].[month].[date].[hour].[min] in my filename scheme.
See above. Adding anything non-permanent to the file name would seriously muck up my processing scripts. As I said, for the six or seven pairs of remaining two part, identically named episodes, I'll just have to handle it manually.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #4243
lpwcomp

Quote:
That's because you don't have the "Overwrite existing files" box checked
Quote:
That is, of course, deliberate.

Obviously, and in that case the show would be gone from both the Tivo and the server.
The bottom line for this particular sub-thread is that kmttg behaved properly.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #4244
terrio

I have just downloaded and installed kmttg on my Mac Mini, running OS 10.8. It successfully downloaded the additional tools and allowed me to set my MAK code. But every time I try to run it, I get the following JAVA error message in the kmttg window:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1937)
at javax.jmdns.impl.JmDNSImpl.toUnqualifiedName(JmDNSImpl.java: 1461)
at javax.jmdns.impl.JmDNSImpl.updateRecord(JmDNSImpl.java:933)
at javax.jmdns.impl.JmDNSImpl.handleResponse(JmDNSImpl.java:102 5)
at javax.jmdns.impl.SocketListener.run(SocketListener.java:68)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Any suggestions? I would really like to be able to use this; it looks awesome....
terrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #4245
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrio View Post
I have just downloaded and installed kmttg on my Mac Mini, running OS 10.8. It successfully downloaded the additional tools and allowed me to set my MAK code. But every time I try to run it, I get the following JAVA error message in the kmttg window:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1937)
at javax.jmdns.impl.JmDNSImpl.toUnqualifiedName(JmDNSImpl.java: 1461)
at javax.jmdns.impl.JmDNSImpl.updateRecord(JmDNSImpl.java:933)
at javax.jmdns.impl.JmDNSImpl.handleResponse(JmDNSImpl.java:102 5)
at javax.jmdns.impl.SocketListener.run(SocketListener.java:68)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Any suggestions? I would really like to be able to use this; it looks awesome....
There's no kmttg code being shown in the stack trace so doesn't pinpoint the problem. However it looks to be Bonjour related issue so you can try switching to TiVo Beacon instead:
File-Configure-TiVo-Detect with TiVo Beacon instead of Bonjour

Alternatively you can just turn off TiVo detection completely and manually specify TiVo IP & name:
Disable "Look for Tivos on network"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #4246
terrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
There's no kmttg code being shown in the stack trace so doesn't pinpoint the problem. However it looks to be Bonjour related issue so you can try switching to TiVo Beacon instead:
File-Configure-TiVo-Detect with TiVo Beacon instead of Bonjour

Alternatively you can just turn off TiVo detection completely and manually specify TiVo IP & name:
Disable "Look for Tivos on network"
"Detect with TiVo Beacon instead of Bonjour" did the trick, thanks!
terrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #4247
lrhorer

Quote:
The bottom line for this particular sub-thread is that kmttg behaved properly.
Well, yes, of course, or at east as expected. I never said it didn't.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #4248
mattack

With visual set to "Mac OS X" in the preferences, when I first try to bring up configuration, I get:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at apple.laf.CUIAquaComboBox$1.itemStateChanged(CUIAquaComboBox .java:76)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireItemStateChanged(JComboBox.java:11 62)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.selectedItemChanged(JComboBox.java:121 9)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(JComboBox.java:1266)
at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(AbstractLi stModel.java:100)
at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(DefaultComb oBoxModel.java:88)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(JComboBox.java:551)
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.configMain.read(configMain.java:763)
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.configMain.display(configMain.java:144)
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.gui$21.actionPerformed(gui.java:834)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButto n.java:1882)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractB utton.java:2202)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultBu ttonModel.java:420)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel .java:258)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:334)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItem UI.java:1050)
at apple.laf.CUIAquaMenuItem.doClick(CUIAquaMenuItem.java:119)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased (BasicMenuItemUI.java:1091)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5617)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:312 9)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5382)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2010)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4083)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2068)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3918)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container. java:4256)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.j ava:3936)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java: 3866)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2054)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1801)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3918)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:501)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:80)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:462)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:461)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege (AccessControlContext.java:84)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege (AccessControlContext.java:95)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:476)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:475)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege (AccessControlContext.java:84)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:473)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventD ispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDis patchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:176)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:11 0)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:22 AM   #4249
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
With visual set to "Mac OS X" in the preferences, when I first try to bring up configuration, I get:
Yes, not much I can do about it really. As usual Apple likes to do things differently than everyone else for Java. Note that you get Mac OS X interface by default without choosing it so if that's what you want best to just set it to default then re-start kmttg.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #4250
bwall23

Adding programId to metadata

How difficult would it be to add the programId to the metadata file that kmttg generates. Could it be added as an option?
See post in pytivo thread from lpwcomp
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #4251
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post
How difficult would it be to add the programId to the metadata file that kmttg generates. Could it be added as an option?
Not too hard. Is this the field name syntax for programId as in sample below?
Code:
programId : SH011029750000

Old 08-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #4252
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post
Bear in mind that the pyTiVo TvBus.tmpl has to be modified in order for it to be sent to the TiVo.

Quote:
Not too hard.
Probably easier for you than it was for me. Wasn't really that hard for me, I just had to modify the code a bit more than I anticipated.

Quote:
Is this the field name syntax for programId as in sample below?
Code:
programId : SH011029750000
Yes, that is the correct syntax. Example of one that currently works:
Code:
programId : EP009311820044
(The example is for Sea 3 Ep 1 of "The Big Bang Theory".)

Old 08-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #4253
moyekj

lpwcomp, I already have the necessary updates checked into source if you want to review or test it out (for both metadata from shows still on TiVo as well as from .TiVo files). Obtaining from .TiVo was a little tricky as "uniqueId" is used for both seriesId and programId in the tivodecode xml dump but from my short testing I think it's working there as well. I did notice the .TiVo file programID is not front padded with zeros so for example instead of "EP009311820044" you get "EP9311820044". Don't know if the leading zeros are important or not from TiVo point of view? I could add additional code to front pad number part with zeros to maintain a minimum number length if needed.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #4254
lpwcomp

Quote:
lpwcomp, I already have the necessary updates checked into source if you want to review or test it out (for both metadata from shows still on TiVo as well as from .TiVo files). Obtaining from .TiVo was a little tricky as "uniqueId" is used for both seriesId and programId in the tivodecode xml dump but from my short testing I think it's working there as well.
Yeah, I ran into that also. The problem is that <series> is under <program> so an element search of the program node for <uniqueId) will find the <series> <uniqueId>. I solved it by searching the direct child node list rather than a full element search.
Quote:
I did notice the .TiVo file programID is not front padded with zeros so for example instead of "EP009311820044" you get "EP9311820044". Don't know if the leading zeros are important or not from TiVo point of view? I could add additional code to front pad number part with zeros to maintain a minimum number length if needed.
Huh. I'm not seeing this. For instance, I just generated the metadata file for a .tivo file of a recording of the latest episode of "Futurama" and it has a programId of EP003034830138. Of course, it is entirely possible that TiVo is screwing around with the programId sometimes and it would explain the inconsistencies.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #4255
mattack

Quote:
Yes, not much I can do about it really. As usual Apple likes to do things differently than everyone else for Java. Note that you get Mac OS X interface by default without choosing it so if that's what you want best to just set it to default then re-start kmttg.
Oh, ok.. yeah, weird.. I played around with them, and then realized I had the Mac OS X default originally anyway..

So are you saying this is a bug in OS X's Java? If so, can you narrow down what the bug is? (Darn, I guess we don't ship Java anymore, so there's not really a bug to write up.. but I'm still curious and might ask one of the people who use to work on Java.)
Old 08-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #4256
mattack

Quote:
Bear in mind that the pyTiVo TvBus.tmpl has to be modified in order for it to be sent to the TiVo.

Probably easier for you than it was for me. Wasn't really that hard for me, I just had to modify the code a bit more than I anticipated.
Sorry, does this mean that I can download with kmttg and then re-upload with pyTivo (with the changes), and still have the episode # when it's back on the TiVo (mostly for me to sanity check when I delete the episode)?

I've noticed that I *sometimes* see the episode # in the whole ton of junk that shows up when I show the full info on a transferred-back-to-TiVo show. But not in the nice human readable form. Basically a whole bunch of XML that shows up in one of the fields.

Oh yeah, I'm still interested in the kmttg upgrade to put the proper show info (e.g. guest info) back into the title of downloaded talk shows.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #4257
lpwcomp

Quote:
Sorry, does this mean that I can download with kmttg and then re-upload with pyTivo (with the changes), and still have the episode # when it's back on the TiVo (mostly for me to sanity check when I delete the episode)?
It should yes. However, there is no guarantee that it will as I have no idea why it sometimes fails.

Here are the lines you need to add to the pyTivo\plugins\video\templates\TvBus.tmpl:
Code:
      #if $video.programId
      <uniqueId>$video.programId</uniqueId>
      #end if
They go right before the

</program>

line

Quote:
I've noticed that I *sometimes* see the episode # in the whole ton of junk that shows up when I show the full info on a transferred-back-to-TiVo show. But not in the nice human readable form. Basically a whole bunch of XML that shows up in one of the fields.
That'...odd. I don't think that is supposed to happen. In any case, the episode number in the XML is the one that appears as "Episode Num" in the SDUI and as episodeNumber in the metadata file.
Quote:
Oh yeah, I'm still interested in the kmttg upgrade to put the proper show info (e.g. guest info) back into the title of downloaded talk shows.
Yeah, that sorta got back burnered plus I had to remove the episodeTitle code as it was causing some problems and I didn't have time to try and fix it. I will try to get back to it next week. Starting tomorrow, I will be AFMK for a week so won't have access to my development machine.

Of course, these two things are in conflict. If the TiVo actually uses the programId, it ignores most of the rest of the metadata from the file, including episode title and description.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #4258
cweb

I am using the iPad delete option in kmttg and my premiere. It works just great when I download a show and the have kmttg delete it from the premiere. Every so often often I'll see a show in the kmttg list that I would like to delete without downloading. If I just select the delete option (no d/l, metadata, etc.), should I be able to start the job and delete the show? It doesn't seem to work for me.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #4259
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
I am using the iPad delete option in kmttg and my premiere. It works just great when I download a show and the have kmttg delete it from the premiere. Every so often often I'll see a show in the kmttg list that I would like to delete without downloading. If I just select the delete option (no d/l, metadata, etc.), should I be able to start the job and delete the show? It doesn't seem to work for me.
No for those cases you simply select the show(s) in the table you want to delete and then press "Delete" on your keyboard. BTW if you select a show in table and press "Space" it will start playback of the show on that TiVo.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #4260
cweb

Quote:
No for those cases you simply select the show(s) in the table you want to delete and then press "Delete" on your keyboard. BTW if you select a show in table and press "Space" it will start playback of the show on that TiVo.
Thanks. I look forward to trying it tonight.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote