Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #61
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Well, the car could be found without triggering a murder investigation. As long as where the car is found makes it plausible that Mike met someone and left town. Also, Walt would need to clean the blood (if any) off the seat and door, and dig the bullet out if it went through Mike.

I agree that Walt's best best is to make sure the body is never found.
But don't forget that the window was shattered due to the gunshot. That would be enough to make someone suspect foul play. Much better if Walt just makes sure both the car and body are never found.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #62
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Do we think the DEA also pinched the huge safe deposit box Mike left for Cayle?

Or just the leftover cash the lawyer had been storing to distribute to the legacy 9?
I wondered that too. After all, the 10th box wasn't one of his usual boxes, and according to Hank, the lawyer didn't represent Mike, only the 9 guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #63
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

Or just the leftover cash the lawyer had been storing to distribute to the legacy 9?
The DEA definitely pinched the big box. The DEA had obviously been tipped off that this guy was coming there. The lady who the lawyer brought the treats to was clearly unhappy that her good customer was about to get busted. The bank would know which boxes he had access to and could provide those records to the DEA.

And if that weren't enough, Walt or Saul made a comment about the DEA taking his nest egg twice.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #64
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
But don't forget that the window was shattered due to the gunshot. That would be enough to make someone suspect foul play.
No, it could have happened after Mike left. Somebody broke into the car, or threw rocks at it.

Last edited by john4200 : 08-27-2012 at 07:01 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #65
Hank
AC•FTW

I agree with tivoboyjr -- there's no real need to deal with Mike's body or car. In fact, that's a risk getting someone else (Todd?) involved to witness the crime scene. And if Mike is never found, the DEA would keep looking for him, which is more risky for Walt. Stage it so it looks like Mike was a real hit, and the DEA will stop looking for him.

It's also going to take A TON of acid to dissolve an entire car. Walt would have to hold up another train to get that much acid. Just take it to the junk yard where they got rid of the RV. Throw Mike in the trunk. Done.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #66
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
Re Mike's body, does Walt really need to do anything with it? It could never be found and if it is, so what?
The reason I think Walt needs to make Mike's body disappear is because if the body is found, Jesse might find out. And Jesse would think, hmmm, Walt was probably the last person to see Mike alive.

As I wrote before, the car does NOT need to disappear. Just cleaned and left in a plausible meet up place.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #67
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
And if that weren't enough, Walt or Saul made a comment about the DEA taking his nest egg twice.
Yeah, but "nest egg" could mean the significant balance of the $5mill that the lawyer still had been holding to distribute to the legacy 9 for hazard pay. The lawyer filled up that big box once on a previous trip.

And that box was Cayle's nest egg, not Mike's.

I think they didn't get it, and little Cayle has a big surprise on her 18th birthday.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #68
john4200

I'm not sure if they had a search warrant yet when they caught him with the suitcase of money. Without a search warrant, can they open his safe deposit boxes?

But they probably could get a search warrant after they arrested him with the suitcase of money. Then they would ask the bank to open all of his safe deposit boxes. And find Kaylee's money.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #69
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
But they probably could get a search warrant after they arrested him with the suitcase of money. Then they would ask the bank to open all of his safe deposit boxes. And find Kaylee's money.
But they can't attribute that money to Mike's money. It could have been there before, and maybe the lawyer was taking money out of the big box? There's no audit trail or evidence for that box of cash. All they have is the cash he has in his suitcase, and whatever they found in his apartment (Mike's cash).
Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #70
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
The reason I think Walt needs to make Mike's body disappear is because if the body is found, Jesse might find out. And Jesse would think, hmmm, Walt was probably the last person to see Mike alive.

As I wrote before, the car does NOT need to disappear. Just cleaned and left in a plausible meet up place.
That's a good point about Jesse. I don't see law enforcement finding the body necessarily being a problem for Walt, but I do think Jesse would kill Walt if he thought Walt killed Mike. Walt can deny it, but Jesse can figure it out. So Walt needs Jesse to believe that Mike got away and is living on an island somewhere.

Quote:
Yeah, but "nest egg" could mean the significant balance of the $5mill that the lawyer still had been holding to distribute to the legacy 9 for hazard pay. The lawyer filled up that big box once on a previous trip.

And that box was Cayle's nest egg, not Mike's.

I think they didn't get it, and little Cayle has a big surprise on her 18th birthday.
Even though you just agreed with me, Hank, I'm going to disagree with you. I think the DEA got all the boxes. The bank knows which boxes the lawyer was accessing (his name would have to be on the boxes for him to access them) plus the lawyer was talking to the DEA and giving up what he knew, and the one guy the DEA really wanted was Mike. Doesn't matter that the granddaughter's name was on the box - the DEA got it.

Quote:
I'm not sure if they had a search warrant yet when they caught him with the suitcase of money. Without a search warrant, can they open his safe deposit boxes?

If the DEA didn't have a search warrant then, it seems safe to assume that they were able to get one and access the boxes.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #71
john4200

Quote:
But they can't attribute that money to Mike's money. It could have been there before, and maybe the lawyer was taking money out of the big box? There's no audit trail or evidence for that box of cash. All they have is the cash he has in his suitcase, and whatever they found in his apartment (Mike's cash).
Of course they can trace it to Mike. What are you talking about?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #72
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
I don't think so. Walt shot through the window, it went into Mike's gut, and that was the only shot that Mike took.
Wow. I need to get better glasses or a better TV. I even replayed it and swear that Walt grabbed the second gun that Mike was holding on his gut. I musta been really tired.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #73
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
I think the DEA got all the boxes. The bank knows which boxes the lawyer was accessing (his name would have to be on the boxes for him to access them) plus the lawyer was talking to the DEA and giving up what he knew, and the one guy the DEA really wanted was Mike. Doesn't matter that the granddaughter's name was on the box - the DEA got it.
I thought this was so obvious that it did not need saying, but I was probably wrong about that, so it is good that you wrote it out.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #74
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Wow. I need to get better glasses or a better TV. I even replayed it and swear that Walt grabbed the second gun that Mike was holding on his gut. I musta been really tired.
Mike was holding a second gun. But we never heard a second gunshot.

So your glasses are fine. Maybe you need a hearing aid?

I guess DevdogAZ's phrasing was ambiguous. The "shot that Mike took" means the bullet that hit Mike, not a bullet that Mike fired.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #75
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Not that he cares, but Jesse had been shut out of his $5mil by Walt.

And the $5mil that Mike got was an advance from the Phoenix guys, so Walt is $5mil ($10mil) in the hole.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #76
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Mike was holding a gun and Walt took it away, but there is no indication Mike shot himself with the gun.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #77
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Quote:
Mike was holding a second gun. But we never heard a second gunshot.

So your glasses are fine. Maybe you need a hearing aid?

I guess DevdogAZ's phrasing was ambiguous. The "shot that Mike took" means the bullet that hit Mike, not a bullet that Mike fired.
Yes, what john said. Mike did have a second gun. Walt took it to keep Mike from shooting Walt. But there was no indication that Mike shot himself, or that that second gun was ever fired.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #78
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Priceless....Gomie is the man....

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #79
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

I LOVED Saul calling the other lawyer a "clown" - right after they showed his office, with the gigantic blow-up Lady Liberty....yep, you stay classy, Saul!

I love Bob Odenkirk sooooooooooooooo much!!!

Poor Mike-not only does he get killed, he has to listen to Walt babble on like an idiot-Let me die in peace, indeed....
Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #80
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Of course they can trace it to Mike. What are you talking about?
I don't see how they can trace that one big box to Mike's $5 million unless the lawyer tells them about it. It's possible the lawyer cuts a deal with the DEA to tell them about the huge stash of Mike's cash he has back at his office safe and flips on Mike. There's no indication that he also told the DEA about the big box.

The lawyer could have other clients he's working for at the bank. There's no indication of what he did while he was in the safe-deposit room other than the clerk unlocked 10 boxes for him.

And as I said, that money in the box could have always been there from other sources.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #81
mike_k

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I don't see how they can trace that one big box to Mike's $5 million unless the lawyer tells them about it. It's possible the lawyer cuts a deal with the DEA to tell them about the huge stash of Mike's cash he has back at his office safe and flips on Mike. There's no indication that he also told the DEA about the big box.

I just don't get how the lawyer can flip on Mike. They made it clear that he wasn't Mike's lawyer, but he seemed to be operating in that capacity - with Mike being a client. Is attorney-client privilege lost when the attorney is caught doing something illegal? Doesn't seem right.
mike_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #82
Hank
AC•FTW

The DEA said that that lawyer was representing the Legacy 9, but not Mike.

That doesn't mean that the lawyer wasn't employed by Mike outside of the DEA investigation. So yea, he would still be under A-C privilege. But I guess the DEA can break that? I don't know.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #83
DeDondeEs

That was great when Mike's lawyer was in the vault and they zoomed out or cut to the DEA agents standing there in the doorway. This is one of those shows where I am rooting for both the bad and good guys.
DeDondeEs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #84
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Despite Walt telling the PHX guys that Jesse is one of the best meth cooks in the country, Walt has always seen Jesse as a little kid and is continuing to treat him that way.
Wow, great episode. RIP, Mike.

As soon as Walt pointed out Jesse as being one of the best cooks in the country, I thought we were going to have a redux of the Gus flashback where Gus' partner got shot in the head at the poolside by the Don. "We don't need two cooks." Jesse (or Walt) was lucky to walk away from that meeting alive.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #85
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

The lawyer could have other clients he's working for at the bank. There's no indication of what he did while he was in the safe-deposit room other than the clerk unlocked 10 boxes for him.

And as I said, that money in the box could have always been there from other sources.
It's pretty simple, actually. By Gomie and his buddies walking in while the lawyer was there with nine boxes unlocked, they've now got reason to believe that anyone with access to those nine boxes is receiving illegal payments. When it just so happens that those nine people are the exact same nine people that used to work for Fring and that the DEA has been squeezing, it's going to be pretty obvious what's going on. Then they'll get court order to force the bank to disclose all the boxes that lawyer has ever had access to. Once they find the money designated for Kaylee, and knowing that they previously found an account in Mike's granddaughter's name, it won't be very difficult to figure that one out either.

And when you add to it the fact that the lawyer decided to testify against Mike, it all adds up to Kaylee not getting a dime.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #86
SeanC
ECT

Regarding the DEA and accessing the safety deposit boxes:

I think it depends on how the lawyer setup the box rentals.

If he set them up in the client's names, the 9 and Cayle, then I think the DEA would have to get warrants for each box on it's merits.

The 9 guys in jail? I'm sure the DEA can demonstrate probable cause. Cayle Ehrmantraut? Not so much.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #87
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Then they'll get court order to force the bank to disclose all the boxes that lawyer has ever had access to. Once they find the money designated for Kaylee, and knowing that they previously found an account in Mike's granddaughter's name, it won't be very difficult to figure that one out either.
I think that's what they call "Circumstantial Evidence"
Old 08-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #88
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:

I was wondering that too, as you'd like the little girl to get the money.

But as the DEA cleans up that aspect, they'll certainly discover all the boxes that the attorney opened, and one will be the girl's.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #89
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Gomez said the lawyer was going to flip on Mike. There's no reason to believe that doesn't include telling them about the big box, including who it was for and where he got the money.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #90
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataylor View Post
Gomez said the lawyer was going to flip on Mike. There's no reason to believe that doesn't include telling them about the big box, including who it was for and where he got the money.
But there's also no reason to believe that he does include telling them about the big box. It works both ways.