TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
bryhamm
randomize

Big Brother - 8/26/2012

Why didn't Ian just lie to Frank and say "I won't use it on Dan". Then, if things work out where both Dan and Danielle get saved, you use it. If they don't, then you don't use it and you've kept your word to Frank. Why is it so hard for him to lie to Frank?

Frank is clueless about Ian though. He think he was pressured into things, not realizing that Ian hasn't been pressured into anything.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
Enrique

TC CLUB MEMBER
What the hell was Britney freaking out for when Frank was yelling at Ian? "He doesn't have the emotional stability" WTF?

Last edited by Enrique : 08-27-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
bleen
Protein from the Sea

Looks like it was actually to Frank's advantage that he had to beat everyone in the HOH challenge - once he got past Dan he was familiar with the layout and everyone else was playing for the first time. Wonder if he had the foresight to "throw" the qualifying round because of that o_O
bleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique View Post
What the hell as Britney freaking out for when Frank was yelling at Ian? "He doesn't have the emotional stability" WTF?
Cause Ian's not the mastermind? Last week he got the mastermind edit with DR's help but this week is showed that he is more the puppy dog following the Quack Pack around.

Things don't look good for Dan but if anyone can maneuver out of this he can.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Frank should have nominated Ian to flush out that veto and then put Dan or Shane up.

A Booger-less Frank I like.
gossamer88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Ian knew he should have back-doored Frank. WTH didn't he? Of course the way things have been going in the challenges, Frank would have gotten the veto anyway.

I might just have to learn to like Frank because they can't get rid of him. But as gossamer said a Booger-less Frank is more likeable anyway.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleen View Post
Looks like it was actually to Frank's advantage that he had to beat everyone in the HOH challenge - once he got past Dan he was familiar with the layout and everyone else was playing for the first time. Wonder if he had the foresight to "throw" the qualifying round because of that o_O
Yes, though the same thing. Once he beat Dan, I knew he was going to win. And you can tell it got easier and easier each time.

Usually Big Brother is pretty good at cutting and splicing stuff to give away what happened (This has become a big problem with Survivor for example). This time, based on the way they cut the pre-HOH stuff, I KNEW Frank had won HoH. First of all the spent a lot of time showing Frank and Brittany talking about what would happen if Frank wins HoH. If that didn't happen, they wouldn't have shown as much of that. Second, you could see the expressions on Dan, Frank and really just about everyone's face during the DR stuff. Frank was trying very unsuccessfully holding back a smile. Dan looked grim. Everyone else sounded like they knew they had no chance.

Question about the veto....we know Ian has one. If Brittany wins the Veto, and she and Ian choose to take the double D's off the block, does that mean that Brittany and Ian cannot be put on the block as well?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Ian knew he should have back-doored Frank. WTH didn't he? Of course the way things have been going in the challenges, Frank would have gotten the veto anyway.

I might just have to learn to like Frank because they can't get rid of him. But as gossamer said a Booger-less Frank is more likeable anyway.
The thing is. With players like Frank, all it takes is one slip up. Janelle knows this better than anyone. He has too many enemies as far as game play, but if he made it to the end, he'd have a decent shot at winning, because I really don't think anyone really HATES him. So, if the opportunity arose to get him out, he's gone.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Question about the veto....we know Ian has one. If Brittany wins the Veto, and she and Ian choose to take the double D's off the block, does that mean that Brittany and Ian cannot be put on the block as well?
Yes but in that scenario Frank would put up Shane vs Joe probably and that would be a worse for Brit. She'd would elect not to use the veto if she won and if Dan is gone its not bad for her game.

Edit: Ian/Brit would not be exempt as replacement nom on each others POV so on thinking on it more the Quack Pack could only get Dan or Dani off with Shane as the replacement nominee. Ian goes first, chooses to use veto, takes Dan or Dani off, Brit as replacement nom. Brit takes herself off and Shane goes up.

Last edited by Ment : 08-27-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #10
tiams

Quote:

Brittany and Ian could not be nominated if they use the Golden Power of Veto. It used to be plain ole Veto (not golden) and if someone used it to take someone besides themselves off they could be nominated.

If both Dan and Danielle come off Frank can nominate Joe and Jenn. He might want Shane to stay and be his new Boogie.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Yes but in that scenario Frank would put up Shane vs Joe probably and that would be a worse for Brit. She'd would elect not to use the veto if she won and if Dan is gone its not bad for her game.

Edit: Ian/Brit would not be exempt as replacement nom on each others POV so on thinking on it more the Quack Pack could only get Dan or Dani off with Shane as the replacement nominee. Ian goes first, chooses to use veto, takes Dan or Dani off, Brit as replacement nom. Brit takes herself off and Shane goes up.
Depends on how the producers want it to come out. The producers can say both vetos will be used before any replacements go up or they can do it as you outlined. They make it all up as they go along.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Depends on how the producers want it to come out. The producers can say both vetos will be used before any replacements go up or they can do it as you outlined. They make it all up as they go along.
That's a good point. But, I wonder if the Veto winners will know this ahead of time or not. It's a completely different strategy depending on how that works. To me, if they don't tell them ahead of time, then it's not really fair and I'd think that this is another case of them favoring someone over someone else. So lets assume they can play them at the same time and Brit wins the second veto. Brit and Ian take off the double D's. So Frank can put up, Joe, Jen, Shane. He puts up Joe and Shane. But now the quack pack has 4 votes, Dan, Danielle, Brittany and Ian. Frank has just Jen. So what if he puts Shane up? He won't be going home.

Now if, say Ian has to play the first veto, and Frank has to put someone up right away, he would put Brittany up. This forces her to use the other veto on herself, That leaves either Dan or Danielle still up there, and one might go home if Frank can swing one vote (maybe Ian) back over.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Best line of the night was when Brittney said they should all stay inside and eat pizza, while Frank goes out in the backyard and claims his HOH.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

ya the hospice line was funny.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
jcondon

Quote:

I would think so yes. Only flaw with that is expecting Britney to win a competition.