TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
morac
Cat God
 
morac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,619
My Premiere just downloaded 3 new videos: "Basic DVR Features", "Advanced DVR Features" and "Web Features". These are different than the 6 old videos that normally download on a new box.

I guess they did need updating since things have changed since the original videos, but I was surprised when the blue light came on.
morac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications
 
CoxInPHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,416
My 1 Yr old Premiere got the new videos today, But not my Elite. The Elite never even received the old videos.
__________________
Roamio Pro, XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, & Mini, 20.4.5c, w/ Cisco SDV TA, FW F.2001, Cisco CC FW PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1301

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
atmuscarella
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 3,861
I also got them - I got my Premiere 11/2010
__________________
atmuscarella
R.I.P. - 04/04 - Dish 510
09/05 - Humax T-800
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
andyf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Posts: 1,108
My Elite received them yesterday,
__________________
Andy
andyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
sharkster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NV
Posts: 2,466
One of my Premieres got them yesterday. I, too, was surprised to see that blue light when I wasn't transferring anything. I just deleted them without even looking, when it was still in the middle of loading the third one.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
One of my Premieres got them yesterday. I, too, was surprised to see that blue light when I wasn't transferring anything. I just deleted them without even looking, when it was still in the middle of loading the third one.
My older Premiere got them yesterday. The other one hasn't gotten them yet. Maybe they're only sending them out to one Premiere per account. After all, you can always stream them to the other Premiere(s).
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
jeffshome
Registered User
 
jeffshome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 68
Thumbs down

I got the TiVo premiere Tours and deleted them without watching. let's hope they never come back.
jeffshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
sbiller
Registered User
 
sbiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffshome View Post
I got the TiVo premiere Tours and deleted them without watching. let's hope they never come back.
I watched all three and I'm not sure I will ever recover the 13 minutes of my life spent watching them.

They actually are pretty well done.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
sehale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 105
My Premiere locked up during the download - apparently overnight. When I went to the TV in the morning, the blue transfer light was on but the screen was frozen and unresponsive to the remote. Pulled the power and when it re-booted, I saw a folder with the three videos. I deleted them without watching.
sehale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
lessd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 6,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehale View Post
My Premiere locked up during the download - apparently overnight. When I went to the TV in the morning, the blue transfer light was on but the screen was frozen and unresponsive to the remote. Pulled the power and when it re-booted, I saw a folder with the three videos. I deleted them without watching.
I did that (delete them) and they came back the next night, in a month or so i will delete them.
__________________
Les Daniels

_____________________________________________
3 Roamio Plus upgraded to 2Tb & 3Tb, and 2 Minis,
lessd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
sbiller
Registered User
 
sbiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I did that (delete them) and they came back the next night, in a month or so i will delete them.
TiVo spent a lot of money creating those videos. You are obligated via your service agreement to watch them and keep them on your TiVo for 365 days.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #12
lessd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 6,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
TiVo spent a lot of money creating those videos. You are obligated via your service agreement to watch them and keep them on your TiVo for 365 days.
Dam!! I never read that service agreement, 365 days it is, it great next year will not be a leap year or I would need to keep them 366 days.
__________________
Les Daniels

_____________________________________________
3 Roamio Plus upgraded to 2Tb & 3Tb, and 2 Minis,
lessd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Dam!! I never read that service agreement, 365 days it is, it great next year will not be a leap year or I would need to keep them 366 days.
PLease tell me that the TiVo service agreement is nothing like the iTunes service agreement.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |