Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Big Brother - 8/23/2012

What an awesome episode! Britney's DR phone call from Janelle and saying Boogie wasn't there to answer was great. And I was glad to see Boogie pretty much admit that Ian was just doing what he taught him to do.

Joe's silent plea right before the vote was hilarious. I had to rewind and watch it again.

The only downside is that Frank truly is like a cockroach. You just can't kill him. They are going to have to back-door him to make it stick.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
vertigo235

Boogie actually seemed humbled and not a whiny baby once he was evicted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I was glad to see Boogie gone, and that Ian's goodbye message and Boogie's response was great. The one thing you have to say about him is that he didn't seem too bitter after watching the goodbye message and was actually genuinely surprised.

And wow was Frank pissed off! It's gonna be really awkward to be around him this week. It's really surprising to me how somebody can win so decisively at all these types of challenges. Even like this veto was is largely luck. He just keeps doing it.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

That was the best episode of the season!
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
sburnside1

I keep thinking Shane should wake up and team with Frank. If they pull in Ian and Danielle, they could then vote out Dan/Brittney/Joe/Jen pretty easy.

Shane is just being used as a shield and will need to be discarded once you get to about 6 people left in the house otherwise. (or the week following Frank). The jury could be mostly Quack packers, so if the final 2 were Frank/Shane, surely he would win votes.

I am glad with Ashley being voted out. Honestly, my biggest fear was an Ashley/Shane final 2. Can you imagine how hard it would be to try and decipher what those 2 were saying to the Jury. Neither one of them can string a couple sentences together with a coherent thought that makes logical sense.
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

They should've back-doored Frank. All was everyone playing the veto...can't recall.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Ashley's attempt at a speech was hilarious. I think I understood what Joe was saying more than what she said and i have no clue what Joe said.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
pmyers

Exactly how many pain meds was Ashley on? She seemed high as a kite!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Great episode. Brittany has us rolling. Even Boogie appreciated that. BTW, speaking of Brittany, she seems like a totally different person this time around. Smart and funny, she's definitely a player.

I agree, Boogie was much more humble once voted off as he realized the Ian masterminded this thing. I wonder if Ian should have not voted for Boogie to get evicted to maintain his duplicity. He could have mentioned that to the quackers. Perhaps they weren't sure how the swing votes were going to go.

Sorry to see Ashley go. While I would not have wanted her to win, she was certainly entertaining in a fun way.

Did Joe look like he was going to have a heart attack after the veto challenge and then on the nomination chairs? He was red and winded.

After the two years of Rachel, this year has been a breath of fresh air. I'm back to enjoying BB again.
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
2004raptor

I was hoping boogie would stay. I didn't want him to win but actually liked what him and frank added to the dynamics.

I originally wanted Ian to win. BUt think he really screwed up recently. He should have stayed loyal to boogie/frank a bit longer. But since he didn't decide to do that he should have never said what he did when mike left. Of course, I'm not sure who he would have nominated but he also could have easily thrown the HOH. He didn't really have anyone gunning for him. Now, as it is, frank is after him (unless he goes home). And frank is the strongest player in the game.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Ashley's attempt at a speech was hilarious. I think I understood what Joe was saying more than what she said and i have no clue what Joe said.
Joe's 'speech' was pretty simple.

1. I'm going to shut up.
2. I love you all.
3. Throw her out.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Poor Ashley. First one out at the competition, and then she kept walking around the set trying to figure out where Shane and the chairs were. lol.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #13
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Exactly how many pain meds was Ashley on? She seemed high as a kite!
I thought the same thing, she looked stoned.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I agree, Boogie was much more humble once voted off as he realized the Ian masterminded this thing. I wonder if Ian should have not voted for Boogie to get evicted to maintain his duplicity. He could have mentioned that to the quackers. Perhaps they weren't sure how the swing votes were going to go.

Sorry to see Ashley go. While I would not have wanted her to win, she was certainly entertaining in a fun way.

Did Joe look like he was going to have a heart attack after the veto challenge and then on the nomination chairs? He was red and winded.

After the two years of Rachel, this year has been a breath of fresh air. I'm back to enjoying BB again.
I wouldn't say Ian masterminded it, more Dan than him IMHO. I'm surprised more of Dan's DRs haven't made it into the show, perhaps he's boring in there or something but it minimizes his impact except among the houseguests. Ian would have voted for Boogs if he could have blamed a hinky vote on Joe but circumstances didn't allow it. Joe has had some BP issues in the house.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
Boogie actually seemed humbled and not a whiny baby once he was evicted.
I really liked Boogie's reaction to Ian. He is kind of a jerk and a bully in the game, and I found him annoying, but I'm glad that in the end he sees the game for what it is, and seemed to appreciate the way he got played by Ian. He regains a small measure of my respect for his attitude about that.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
I wouldn't say Ian masterminded it, more Dan than him IMHO. I'm surprised more of Dan's DRs haven't made it into the show, perhaps he's boring in there or something but it minimizes his impact except among the houseguests. Ian would have voted for Boogs if he could have blamed a hinky vote on Joe but circumstances didn't allow it. Joe has had some BP issues in the house.
I think Ian masterminded it, but knew it wouldn't work unless he had Dan and Brittany in his corner. I love Dan in BB, he's my second favorite player ever, but I don't think he's really played as good a game as he did the first time. He's been kind of lucky in that Boogie talked Frank out of voting Dan out, which turned out to be a huge Boogie mistake. At some point, with Boogie gone, Frank will get rid of him. Dan's hope is that they can get rid of Frank before they get rid of him.

As for Ian, my guess is they weren't sure of the votes so Ian had to be sure and vote to evict Boogie. It put a target on him by voting that way though. It will be interesting so see, if Frank survives to get another HoH who he goes after, Ian or Dan.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
It should be painfully clear to Frank who almost all of the Quack Pack are. He only has Jenn and Joe to try to work with. The minute he doesn't win HoH or Veto he's probably gone.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #18
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
It should be painfully clear to Frank who almost all of the Quack Pack are. He only has Jenn and Joe to try to work with. The minute he doesn't win HoH or Veto he's probably gone.
Probably. His only hope outside winning everything is to flip someone at the bottom of the quack pack pecking order (see what I did there?) as the numbers dwindle and they have to start eating their own.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post
I really liked Boogie's reaction to Ian. He is kind of a jerk and a bully in the game, and I found him annoying, but I'm glad that in the end he sees the game for what it is, and seemed to appreciate the way he got played by Ian. He regains a small measure of my respect for his attitude about that.
Well Ian did blow enough smoke up his ass to cloud his head.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I still think it's crazy that Frank hasn't gotten to vote a single time this whole game
Old 08-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #21
Ment

Quote:
I think Ian masterminded it, but knew it wouldn't work unless he had Dan and Brittany in his corner. I love Dan in BB, he's my second favorite player ever, but I don't think he's really played as good a game as he did the first time. He's been kind of lucky in that Boogie talked Frank out of voting Dan out, which turned out to be a huge Boogie mistake. At some point, with Boogie gone, Frank will get rid of him. Dan's hope is that they can get rid of Frank before they get rid of him.

As for Ian, my guess is they weren't sure of the votes so Ian had to be sure and vote to evict Boogie. It put a target on him by voting that way though. It will be interesting so see, if Frank survives to get another HoH who he goes after, Ian or Dan.
For Ian to be the mastermind, the Quack Pack would've had to been his idea which it wasn't, he only gets credit for the branding. The rest of the four are just figuring out when to drop him, illustrated in Dan's 'throw him to the wolves' comment. Ian is hoping to be the swing vote when it comes to five which he would if they are able to keep it together, but in terms of decision making he knows he's the low man on the totem pole. Its a good story tho, student surpasses the master and all.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #22
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
For Ian to be the mastermind, the Quack Pack would've had to been his idea which it wasn't, he only gets credit for the branding. The rest of the four are just figuring out when to drop him, illustrated in Dan's 'throw him to the wolves' comment. Ian is hoping to be the swing vote when it comes to five which he would if they are able to keep it together, but in terms of decision making he knows he's the low man on the totem pole. Its a good story tho, student surpasses the master and all.
The idea to come to them with the information on Frank and Boogie was his idea, the rest fell into place. Of course he knows that he's vulnerable by doing this as there won't be that level of trust until he proved himself. Perhaps he did that now. We'll see.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I still think it's crazy that Frank hasn't gotten to vote a single time this whole game
He voted for Joe last night, and he's been able to vote every other time he's won POV.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #24
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
He voted for Joe last night, and he's been able to vote every other time he's won POV.
Last night was his first votes.

Day 1: Coach's decision
Week 1: Nominated
Week 2: HOH
Week 3: Nominated as a replacement, escaped with reset
Week 4: Nominated, Janelle evicted
Week 5: HOH
Last night: Finally voted

The only veto he won before last night was when he was already HOH.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #25
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Ok I forgot about the reset, I thought he won POV to save himself that time.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #26
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
I love Dan in BB, he's my second favorite player ever, but I don't think he's really played as good a game as he did the first time. He's been kind of lucky in that Boogie talked Frank out of voting Dan out, which turned out to be a huge Boogie mistake.
What we didn't see on the show was all the work Dan put in on Boogie and Ian. He had both of them going to bat for him. Dan played Boogie since day one and he and Britney both stole Ian from Boogie and Frank.

Frank is the one that has been saved most by circumstance. Week one he was saved by the Willie meltdown. Then he was saved by the reset. And he has had to save himself by three POVs. If the goal was to isolate yourself from the rest of the house and make yourself into a large target, he would be a great one.

Last edited by Fool Me Twice : 08-24-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #27
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
The idea to come to them with the information on Frank and Boogie was his idea, the rest fell into place.
They had already roped Ian in by that point and formed an alliance.

Ironically for Dan, he probably would have preferred it if Ian hadn't had that information, since Dan had been working to paint the target on Britney, Shane, and Ian. He had his counter-alliance in place that the QP didn't know about and was prepared to work the two sides against each other.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #28
pmyers

I don't think Ian should have said anything to Boogie, who then got Frank fired up at Ian.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #29
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I don't think Ian should have said anything to Boogie, who then got Frank fired up at Ian.
That's true, Ian has a need to be liked by his BB idols tho even when it impacts his game. What's good about his game is its difficult to tell when he is lying because his 'tells' are what he does normally: fidgeting, no eye contact, interrupted speech pattern, hanging around not talking. It made people suspicious of him at first, but now its 'just Ian' so anything done in subterfuge is 'just Ian' too.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #30
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post
It helped that Ian paid Boogie a compliment at the end of the speech. If you watch, you'll see Booie's expression changed when Ian said "I learned from the best".

I agree with others that Ian should not have said anything to Boogie on the way out the door. Had he stayed silent, he then could have thrown the HOH comp once it came down to himself, Danielle and Britney.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote