TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #1021
PSCGOhio

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Sounds like you're talking about my posts.

The 240 and 540 images I had on SendSpace, but they tend to age off if nobody downloads them recently enough.

Also feel free to ask me for a DropBox invite that'll get both of us more free space.

If you can't PM me you can email me.
Heh, gotta have 10 posts to PM or Email apparently! So it'll have to be a public thanks, but well appreciated!

The SendSpace errors looked a mite nastier than lack of use, so I'm thinking the other fallouts on shared hosting spaces may've been the cause.

I could send ya the old post #'s but there's TONS just in this thread, having your reply here should make it as easy as it was for me to Search. Can't do that, you shouldn't have a PC much less a TiVo! LOL

And... I'm askin! You can hit me, so fire an invite over and I'm glad to help.
PSCGOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #1022
dz2k

i need sd-h400 80gb image. any suggestions?
dz2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #1023
brewhaase

Rca Dvr80

Anyone know of an image for the RCA DVR80? HD went bad after 8 good years, would really like to repair it!
brewhaase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #1024
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaase View Post
Anyone know of an image for the RCA DVR80? HD went bad after 8 good years, would really like to repair it!
Doesn't DVR upgrade or one of those other sites sell an image? Someone sells the images under Instant Cake. They always worked well in the past.

Sent from my HTC ReZound using Forum Runner
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #1025
rjm1965

Smile

I also need the image for my Tivo TCD649080. The hard disk failed and is clicking, so I'm unable to use other recovery options. Thanks!
rjm1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #1026
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1965 View Post
I also need the image for my Tivo TCD649080. The hard disk failed and is clicking, so I'm unable to use other recovery options. Thanks!
Start your search here

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...33#post8706933

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #1027
calric

hi; i am looking for an image for a TCD649080; my HD died. Can someone please help? i've tried backing the old drive up; it says it finishes but it doesn't ever boot up on a new HD, so from what i've read the backup is also corrupted. was using winmfs
been working on it for a few days already and its starting to get frustrating now
calric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #1028
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by calric View Post
hi; i am looking for an image for a TCD649080; my HD died. Can someone please help? i've tried backing the old drive up; it says it finishes but it doesn't ever boot up on a new HD, so from what i've read the backup is also corrupted. was using winmfs
been working on it for a few days already and its starting to get frustrating now
Just to teach you newbies to search, I'm going to make you start here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...99#post9248899

Old 09-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #1029
mjfutures

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
If you use WinMFS, I think this will work.

If you let me refer you to get a dropbox account, we both get extra free space.

email or PM me for the referral
Did this work for you for the TCD658000? Mine just wen't out last night...stuck at the Welcome! Power up....I'm looking for the exact steps of what to do once I download that file.
mjfutures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #1030
mjfutures

I have a Tivo XL TCD658000 -- Stuck at the Welcome! Power up / Almost There Loop.

I just found your site and am going to try and locate the tools to image a new drive and get this thing running again.
mjfutures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #1031
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfutures View Post
Did this work for you for the TCD658000? Mine just wen't out last night...stuck at the Welcome! Power up....I'm looking for the exact steps of what to do once I download that file.
First thing, open up the TiVo and check the capacitors on the power supply board and plug the hard drive model number into the WD web site (I'm assuming it's a WD drive), and on the left hand side of the search results page, click the download link and then download the .iso image for the bootable cd with the WD diagnostic software (dateguard or data lifeguard or some such name) and burn it to a cd-r as an image, and then use that to boot a PC with the TiVo drive attached and run the long test.

And go to mfslive.org and get the WinMFS program and the MFS Live cd v1.4 .iso

Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #1032
Gab1099

Hi

I'm looking for an image for my tivo series 2 TCD540040. I'm planning to use it with a camera, so I can record my training and make playback of some moments during the training. The problem is I got a tivo series 2 but the hard drive seems to be death. I'm stuck on the welcome screen. But I heard I have to get a special version of the image, because I won't be using the tivo with the service. Since the latest version ask for a communication every 30 days to let me use it, I'm screwed because it won't be plugged to anyway on a phone line et internet line. I just want to use it as a recorder for my trainning.

If anybody could help me with the image or has a better idea on how i can do playback video cheap, It will be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Gab
Gab1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #1033
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab1099 View Post
Hi

I'm looking for an image for my tivo series 2 TCD540040. I'm planning to use it with a camera, so I can record my training and make playback of some moments during the training. The problem is I got a tivo series 2 but the hard drive seems to be death. I'm stuck on the welcome screen. But I heard I have to get a special version of the image, because I won't be using the tivo with the service. Since the latest version ask for a communication every 30 days to let me use it, I'm screwed because it won't be plugged to anyway on a phone line et internet line. I just want to use it as a recorder for my trainning.

If anybody could help me with the image or has a better idea on how i can do playback video cheap, It will be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Gab
A TCD540040 image can be found here, although a series 2 won't allow you to record without a valid sub to the TiVo service. An unsubbed Series 1 (Philips HDRxxx or Sony SVR2000) that originally shipped with software version 1.x will record without service though.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #1034
Gab1099

Thank you for your help, really appreciated.

Gab
Old 09-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #1035
Gab1099

Sorry for this other question: Do a philips hdr212 would record from a camera without having the tivo service?

Thx!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #1036
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab1099 View Post
Sorry for this other question: Do a philips hdr212 would record from a camera without having the tivo service?
Yes, as long as it shipped with software version 1.x.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #1037
Gab1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbourgeo View Post
Yes, as long as it shipped with software version 1.x.
Thank you very much!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #1038
Dan S

Looking for a Tivo HD 652160 file (WinMFS)

Hi there everyone! Does anyone happen to have a download link to a winmfs image for a Tivo HD model# 652160?

My Tivo HD died the other day (green screen of death) and doesn't want to come back to life. So, I am using it as an opportunity to upgrade to a larger internal drive, hopefully using WinMFS.

However, although WinMFS lets me select the drive and shows it as a series 2/3 format, it does not let me back it up a .tbk file, complaining "not a tivo drive, backup failed".

I was hoping that if I could get my hands on an existing .tbk image, I can work around this problem and get my Tivo up and running before the Fall season starts.

Backup plan is to just buy a pre-formatted drive from the forum sponsor, but if I can save $150-200 by rolling my own, it would be preferred.

Thanks!
Dan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #1039
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
Hi there everyone! Does anyone happen to have a download link to a winmfs image for a Tivo HD model# 652160?
Check here.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #1040
Dan S

Thanks SBourgeo! I was actually able to find the link after some more careful searching, and also Unitron responded very quickly to a PM I sent as well. I feel a bit foolish for not finding it earlier before I posted.

The image is downloaded and, using WinMFS, is working great on a "placeholder" 1TB drive I had lying around, which I used to make sure I could pull all this off.

However, I wanted to use this drive failure as an opportunity to go ahead and get up to 2 gigs so I can really not have to think about storage space as the new fall season approaches. I ordered the Western Digital WD20EURS, which I saw recommended on another forum thread, and got good reviews on Amazon for working well as a DVR expander drive.

One thing I am very unclear on, can I get this drive going with the same steps as I used in WinMFS, for my 1TB placeholder drive, or does its 2TB size mean I have to take some other additional steps for the Tivo to see all of its storage capability?

Thanks!
Dan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #1041
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
Thanks SBourgeo! I was actually able to find the link after some more careful searching, and also Unitron responded very quickly to a PM I sent as well. I feel a bit foolish for not finding it earlier before I posted.

The image is downloaded and, using WinMFS, is working great on a "placeholder" 1TB drive I had lying around, which I used to make sure I could pull all this off.

However, I wanted to use this drive failure as an opportunity to go ahead and get up to 2 gigs so I can really not have to think about storage space as the new fall season approaches. I ordered the Western Digital WD20EURS, which I saw recommended on another forum thread, and got good reviews on Amazon for working well as a DVR expander drive.

One thing I am very unclear on, can I get this drive going with the same steps as I used in WinMFS, for my 1TB placeholder drive, or does its 2TB size mean I have to take some other additional steps for the Tivo to see all of its storage capability?

Thanks!
What you do is, you use WinMFS to go onto the 1TB drive, which will put 160GB worth of partitions on there, and then you use WinMFS to expand into the rest of the drive by adding an MFS pair of partitions.

Then you use mfsinfo (part of WinMFS) to make sure that you have used all of the drive, and that there isn't any space left over at the end.

If there is, it will be considered an Apple Free partition by the Apple Partition Map scheme of doing things, and it'll interfere in the next step.

If all went well, WinMFS will have put 13 partitions on the drive, and then added two more.

This lets you add 1 more before breaking the "only 16 partitions per drive" TiVo rule.

That's where jmfs comes in.

jmfs copies the 1TB to the 2TB, and then adds a single MFS partition, taking up the rest of the space.

If there were extra space on the 1TB (which got labeled an Apple Free partition), that would have been copied over by jmfs along with everything else, which would have made it the 16th partition, and the MFS partition added by jmfs would have been the 17th partition, and the TiVo would have thought it was a malfunctioning external drive and insisted on divorcing it, leaving you with only the first 1TB useable on that 2TB.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #1042
rkricketts

tivo tcd652160 image

Hi all,

This seems to be the place to ask, please advise if I am mistaken.

I have a Tivo model TCD652160 with a dead hard drive. I need a virginal image to load onto a new drive.

Thanks in advance...!
rkricketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #1043
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkricketts View Post

I have a Tivo model TCD652160 with a dead hard drive. I need a virginal image to load onto a new drive.
Look three posts above yours for the link I provided.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #1044
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkricketts View Post
Hi all,

Thanks in advance...!
It is the place to ask, but first, it's the place to search to see if someone else already asked and was answered.

There's a reason why the old posts are kept on the servers.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #1045
miketunes

I need an HR10-250 6.4a image please. Looks like the modem doesn't work so I can't upgrade to 6.4a to get my locals.
miketunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #1046
ericl007

tivo image

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcobourn View Post
If you need to reimage a TiVo for hard drive repair or storage upgrade:

Turn-key solutions are available from a sponsor of this forum, DVRUpgrade

If you want to go the do-it-yourself route, here is your best bet: drop by #tivo on EFnet. Check the topic for instructions, or just ask for what you are looking for. Be patient. If someone has it, they'll respond, eventually.

Please also use this thread to post requests for any images I can't point you to.

The old thread can be read here.
thanks
ericl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #1047
ericl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by durdenb View Post
I have a toshiba sd-400 80gb that i think the hdd is bad or going bad. Can i get the image from that hdd and put it on a 60gb hdd or is there a bare image that would work and where could i get it.
thanks
ericl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #1048
bandguy

anyone have a sdh-400 image on hand?
bandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #1049
BuckarooBonsai

Alas, I need a TCD 652160 image. I ...thought... I had that already, but it was an old S2 image. Sigh. My own poor memory trips me up.

Thanks in advance to whoever PMs.

BuckarooBansai
BuckarooBonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #1050
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckarooBonsai View Post
Alas, I need a TCD 652160 image. I ...thought... I had that already, but it was an old S2 image. Sigh. My own poor memory trips me up.

Thanks in advance to whoever PMs.

BuckarooBansai
I'm too lazy to PM, but I wasn't too lazy to put the image on Dropbox and if you search this thread for my posts you'll find it.

It's only fair you do some of the work.