TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Aspack70

The Looney Tunes Show

Greetings...long time lurker, first time poster!

I visit these forums fairly frequently, but have not been compelled to post myself previously. Most of the shows I enjoy are mentioned here regularly and I enjoy the lively discussions.

However, not having seen this gem discussed (at least that I've seen) prompted me to finally get off my rump. Having a daughter in elementary school subjects me to occasionally mind-numbing fare...however I've found the Looney Tunes Show on Cartoon Network to be an Oasis in the desert.

I knew I was in trouble when my wife and daughter were at a Girl Scouts meeting, I checked the Tivo to see what was on, and upon discovering a new (to me) episode...I happily watched it all by myself.

It's essentially a complete reboot of the Looney Tunes world, done in a sort of sitcom-y suburban setting. Extremely clever, contemporary writing...and while I wouldn't say it was inappropriate for kids...it's certainly not geared for them, per se. Very adult, without being offensive to children.

Love-her-or-hate-her Kristen Wiig does one of the voices, as does Fred Armisen. Some of the initial episodes are a little rough, but enjoyable...however the back 16 or so (of 26) are pure gold. Programming note that "Looney Tunes" and "The Looney Tunes Show" are completely different, with the latter being the one I'm recommending.

So, check it out if you haven't seen it already. Don't want to set expectations too high, but knowing a bit about the general tastes of this forum...I think it would be very well received. It prompted a middle-aged guy who has never posted in any of the forums he lurks on to sign up and sing its praises...so it's got that going for it.
Aspack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Ereth

And, it has new Road Runner cartoons, albeit 3D computer animated. Still, new Road Runner Cartoons!!!!!

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
GoHalos

Interesting. Nice first post - and welcome!
GoHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #4
Hcour

Watched the first ep. Pretty funny (loved the chipmunks on the game show). And you say it gets better? Looking forward to it. Thanks for the thread.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Aspack70

It most definitely gets better following the first few. Thanks for the welcoming comments.

Some good episodes coming up on Cartoon Network according to the TiVo. Also, if you have Comcast OnDemand, of the five that are showing up for me I'd recommend "Devil Dog" (featuring the Tasmanian Devil") and "The Foghorn Leghorn Story".

Enjoy the laughs. I'm finding they have tremendous replay value.

Ereth mentioned the Road Runner clips...be sure and don't FF past the song clips either. They are just as clever as the rest of the show.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #6
crawlernight11

Reading the description given by you, I watched some of the episodes and they were really entertaining and funny. It had been a long time since I enjoyed watching a cartoon and laughed so much. Frankly, most people think cartoons are for kids and adults who watch them are immature. That is a bad misconception. Cartoons are a great source of entertainment to make you happy and laugh.
crawlernight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I highly recommend reading the low post-count messages out loud, preferably with a Borat accent, or at very least, Yakov Smirnoff.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
Aspack70

In Soviet Russia...low post-count messages read YOU!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
mattack

OK, these started in May 2011 and are all reruns now.. (according to epguides.com)

One show I tried within the past year or so was some new-ish version of Scooby Doo. I think it was on Cartoon Network. It was the closest to the original Scooby Doo Mysteries that I'd seen. I still got bored with it after a very few episodes, but it was one of the few modern "kids'" cartoons that was semi-decent. I may have been delusional at the time though, and rewatching it might hate it.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
mattack

That's not very coherent. What are you saying?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Mayah mumfoo dogface to the banana patch.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote