Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Boss S02E01 "Louder Than Words" OAD 2012/08/12 ***spoilers***

Boss is back.

Good episode. I forgot how Boss is the most dark, character drama on TV. It's more low key with less action than Breaking Bad and has more knife stabbing in politics than Political Animals.

How about the doctor supposing to just forgive and forget and come back to Chicago. "That man is no longer on my team. I didn't know what he was capable of." Only because, as I recall, one intended victim killed him. The doc should just let bygones be and head back to her practice and take care of him?

I was really anticipating that somebody would shoot at Kane.

I say that Mrs. Kane was hit and is alive. Kane is way too calm in the previews than an Mare would be if he lost his, even estranged, wife. I rewatched but couldn't figure out who those sunglasses belonged to.

The BF won't be the shooter, even though they may go after him. That scene with him handling Mr. Big's assault rifle with laser sight was a red herring. as they say Kane has a lot of enemies.

I'm fuzzy on who Kane's old buddy is. Just a former detective? Would he be well known?

http://www.starz.com/originals/Boss/...ouderThanWords

I was wondering what airport they shot that "O'Hare" scene at. I'd say it was PWK "Chicago Executive" but it doesn't have a radar dome. It might have been Gary, but ditto there. Joliet has one but it's the bigger weather radar.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
walkerism
The Clean Up Man

I think the shooter may have been the black Councilman who Kane disgraced last season. He has so many enemies that it's hard to come up with just one. Sanaa Lathan looks like she could give Kane a run for his money though. I want to see where that goes.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Great show, the dialog is fast paced and clever. Tivo is perfect for this when something important is missed while watching. I don't know how we ever watched live TV. I remember recording the early episodes of the Sopranos on VHS so I could rewind at will. (Obviously before my first TiVo.)
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
robojerk

I thought (not 100% convinced myself but just my initial thought) that Kane hired the shooter to kill his wife(it looked like she was the one that got hit to me), but to make it look like he was the real target. Kane's wife now knows about his diagnosis, and to him that's not acceptable. He has a god complex, and she can dangle it over his head, or use it to pull the rug from under his feet at any moment.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I thought (not 100% convinced myself but just my initial thought) that Kane hired the shooter to kill his wife(it looked like she was the one that got hit to me), but to make it look like he was the real target. Kane's wife now knows about his diagnosis, and to him that's not acceptable. He has a god complex, and she can dangle it over his head, or use it to pull the rug from under his feet at any moment.
Right, never thought about that angle.
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Idearat

As mean as we've seen the Mayor be, I don't think we've seen him issue a command to have someone killed or seriously injured. It's hard to tell if that's because they want us to wonder if his people are overstepping their instructions or whether he's truly evil and having people killed.

Supposedly the guy on his staff was fired for overstepping, but he was then killed by the guy who was doing the dirty work. Was that guy working directly for the mayor there or was he keeping the guy quiet now than he got caught? We saw the mayor asking the nurse who beat her up. Was that to find out who did it, or to see if she knew?
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Casual

I love this show but it looks like the ratings have been terrible this season.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #8
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
I love this show, but it alone is not worth subscribing to Starz.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I love this show, but it alone is not worth subscribing to Starz.
How much does ratings matter on a show on a non-commercial cable channel? I guess it has to carry its weight by attracting or retaining subscribers.

I think Boss has been fine although it's very dark without the humor of a Breaking Bad.

Spoiler:
You think the guy playing Sloan will set the new record for most continuing work in a series by an actor after his character died? I guess Richard Jenkins on 6 Feet Under did well there.

Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote