TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
osu1992

Stop recording recently deleted movies

Is there a way to prevent Tivo from re-recording recently deleted movies? Once I watch a recommended movie and delete it, I don't want Tivo to record it again in a month or two. I seem to be deleting the same movies again and again.
osu1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
lpwcomp

The TiVo only has a 28 day memory, so your only recourse would be to turn off suggestions.

edit: A "thumbs down" on the particular movie might work too, but I have no idea how much this would affect other suggestions.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #3
crawlernight11

I stopped recording repeats with the Record New & Repeats. I haven't tried it with movies but for soap operas repeats it works well with New Only option. I have a doubt regarding the memory as it’s not even a month's memory, I wonder if this will work out for you. I would suggest you to give a try. If in case, this doesn't work, it's better to turn off your Auto recording if you wish.
crawlernight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlernight11 View Post
I stopped recording repeats with the Record New & Repeats. I haven't tried it with movies but for soap operas repeats it works well with New Only option. I have a doubt regarding the memory as itís not even a month's memory, I wonder if this will work out for you. I would suggest you to give a try. If in case, this doesn't work, it's better to turn off your Auto recording if you wish.
The movies aren't being recorded by season passes where you have the choice of recording "NEW" only. How could they be? They are in all likelihood being recorded as "Suggestions".

Is there anyone out there with more experience in using suggestions who knows what the effect of one thumbs down on the movie would have? Turning off suggestions is the third thing I do when setting up a new TiVo (1. Guided Setup, 2. Turn off sound effects).

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote