TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
jcthorne

Android app cannot find Tivos

I am at wits end trying to get the Android Tivo app to find and connect to my Tivos. The network remote control is turned on. pyTivo and kmttg have no trouble finding both tivos. The tivo's find each other and stream fine. The app cannot find either one. Yes its on the same subnet on my home network.

Any other ideas what could be missing or wrongly configured?

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

Exclamation Must be connected to your LAN/WLAN not 3G/4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
I am at wits end trying to get the Android Tivo app to find and connect to my Tivos. The network remote control is turned on. pyTivo and kmttg have no trouble finding both tivos. The tivo's find each other and stream fine. The app cannot find either one. Yes its on the same subnet on my home network.

Any other ideas what could be missing or wrongly configured?
Your Android must be connected to the same network. While your Android is connected to 3G/4G no it won't find the TiVo's. You must turn on the WiFi on the phone and connect to the same WLAN that your TiVo's are on.
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #3
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCurry57 View Post
Your Android must be connected to the same network. While your Android is connected to 3G/4G no it won't find the TiVo's. You must turn on the WiFi on the phone and connect to the same WLAN that your TiVo's are on.
Thanks, but I said its on the same subnet on my home network. WiFi is on and working fine.

I think there is something wrong with Bonjour / zeroconf.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
chimerax

TiVo Android app is not compatible with all the TiVo boxes. Check whether your box is compatible or not by visiting this link support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1984. If your box is compatible and your Android is not recognizing your TiVo try restarting your network router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in.
Restart your TiVo DVR. Hope this will help.
chimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimerax View Post
TiVo Android app is not compatible with all the TiVo boxes. Check whether your box is compatible or not by visiting this link support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1984. If your box is compatible and your Android is not recognizing your TiVo try restarting your network router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in.
Restart your TiVo DVR. Hope this will help.
You might want to read his sig line before you make any further posts in this thread.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
jrtroo
User

Is this a tablet or phone? I had a similar issue with my tablet and had to uninstall the phone app before it would connect properly.

What have you tried so far? I assume you have already tried rebooted everything. pytivo can see your shares and push a file to the units?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
Gadfly

I had the same problem. It turned out that even though my tablet was on the same subnet as my TiVOs, I had another DHCP server+AP (using another subnet) on my network and somehow that got the Tivo app confused. Once I managed to turn off the DHCP server on this AP (I only needed wireless capability), then the app could find both Tivos without any problem.

Definitely a bug with the app.
Gadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #8
bsmith1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
I had another DHCP server+AP (using another subnet) on my network
Definitely a bug with the app.
sorry but I don't see how any app could be designed to deal with that situation.
bsmith1051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #9
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith1051 View Post
sorry but I don't see how any app could be designed to deal with that situation.
I meant the app couldn't find the tivos even when it was on the same subnet as the tivos.
Gadfly is offline   Reply With Quote