TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
ericd121
Crown Topper

Harmony 300 - Tivo Remote Address?

Hi

A UK visitor here.

I have two Tivos (both series one) in the same room.

I have two peanuts, one for each.

One peanut is getting a bit sticky / flaky and so I assigned one of the modes of my new Harmony 300 remote to control it.

Unfortunately, the Tivo Remote Address on this mode is set to 0, which, of course, controls both Tivos.

Does anyone know how to set the Tivo Remote Address to any other number?

Thanks for reading.
CacheCard + TiVoWeb + Mode 0 + EndPad + Sony FreeView
Try my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ericd121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
I think you have to ask Harmony support to add alternate remote codes. Another possibility is to try having the Harmony remote learn some of the codes from the peanut, set to the desired code, and it may figure it out on its own.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
dwit

Pretty sure Harmony would have these codes installed already. They certainly did for my old 659 model. I control 3 Tivos in the same room with mine. It's been a while since I programmed it though, so at some point in the process, the Harmony may need to "learn" the address codes from the Tivo remote.

Did you go through the entire process when programming the Harmony on your computer?
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

Yeah they have the other codes already. You just have to go into the setup part and teach it to use the new code. It'll only ask you to press a few buttons, then it'll figure out the code and setup all the other commands.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
ericd121
Crown Topper

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Yes, I went through the whole process.

I'll try teaching it with the actual peanut, and hopefully, it'll realise it has the Tivo Remote Address of 3, rather than 0.

I'll be back tomorrow.
Try my
and my
Old 08-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

It will. My Harmony is setup to control 4 TiVos in the same room.

Dan
Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
ericd121
Crown Topper

Well, I taught it several buttons with the original peanut but it didn't work for me.
It still has the Tivo Remote Address of 0 (Not Set)

I'll have to try and find someone in Logitech support who can understand the concept of the Tivo Remote Address.

[Edited to add...] Rather than try and find a Tivo clued-up Logitech Support guy, I bit the bullet and taught the Harmony 300 each Tivo button in turn from the peanut: it was tedious, especially when I realised I'd have to do all the numbers (argh!) but it did work.

I can now control one, instead of both, of my Tivos.

Thanks for your help, guys.
Try my
and my

Last edited by ericd121 : 08-16-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
aaronwt
HD Addict

There used to be a setting in the setup page for the remote where you select the TiVo remote code. Or you had to have a logitech employee change the remote code. Either way it was much quicker than setting up each button individually.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
Dan203
Super Moderator

I didn't have to do that. I know the settings for every remote are slightly different, but for mine I simply changed the peanut to remote address 1, then when it asked me to push a few buttons for it to learn I did and it said it found a match. Then for the next TiVo I changed the peanut to remote address 2 and repeated. Did this for all 4 TiVos and the remote only controls the TiVo it's intended to control.

Dan
Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #10
dwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I didn't have to do that. I know the settings for every remote are slightly different, but for mine I simply changed the peanut to remote address 1, then when it asked me to push a few buttons for it to learn I did and it said it found a match. Then for the next TiVo I changed the peanut to remote address 2 and repeated. Did this for all 4 TiVos and the remote only controls the TiVo it's intended to control.

Dan
Same here. It's pleasantly surprising how it works, but it is able to "figure" out the different address codes.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote