TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
lastdeadcat
22 years in Alaska

Moving with my TiVo to Duvall, WA

I am moving with my TiVo's to Duvall, WA on Seattle's far Eastside. What cable TV providers service this area. All I can find is Broadstripe (Now called WOW in Duvall) and maybe Comcast.

I want to see what their prices and bundles are. So far my internet search isn't turning up much of value.
lastdeadcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
lastdeadcat
22 years in Alaska

Bump!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
javabird

Comcast is available in Redmond and Seattle, so it should be available for Duvall too. They have a local office in Redmond.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
lastdeadcat
22 years in Alaska

The website for Comcast says it is not available in Duvall, WA. The City of Duvall website says that Broadstripe is serving Duvall. The Broadstripe website says they have some sold out to WOW--whoever that is.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
dan0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastdeadcat View Post
The website for Comcast says it is not available in Duvall, WA. The City of Duvall website says that Broadstripe is serving Duvall. The Broadstripe website says they have some sold out to WOW--whoever that is.
the Comcast website says they have cable available
http://www.comcast.com/corporate/sho...wa/duvall.html
also
http://www.cabletv.com/wa/duvall
best be would be just to call 1-800-COMCAST
dan0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
bshrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastdeadcat View Post
I switched from Comcast to WOW over a year ago in Michigan. For service and price WOW wins hands down. I do not see myself going back to Comcast in the foreseeable future. My total bill was reduced $70 the 15Mps internet usually gets 15Mps during Internet prime time.

Oh and the best feature is I don't get the pause and dumb look when I request Cable Cards.

Wave Broadband and WOW! Internet, Cable, and Phone to Acquire Broadstripe
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
I switched from Comcast to WOW over a year ago in Michigan. For service and price WOW wins hands down. I do not see myself going back to Comcast in the foreseeable future. My total bill was reduced $70 the 15Mps internet usually gets 15Mps during Internet prime time.

Oh and the best feature is I don't get the pause and dumb look when I request Cable Cards.

Wave Broadband and WOW! Internet, Cable, and Phone to Acquire Broadstripe
It must be nice to have a choice of cable companies instead of take it or leave it.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #8
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
It must be nice to have a choice of cable companies instead of take it or leave it.
Ya just think some people actually live in places where they have 2 good high speed Internet providers (FIOS & cable) and 4 pay TV providers (2 cable & 2 Satellite).

Where I live I can only get Frontier DSL (5Mps on a really good day) & Dishnetwork or Direct TV. I really don't care about the TV side (OTA only at this time) but wish I could get faster and more reliable Internet.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post

I've heard those horror stories, but I've never had that problem with the local Comcast store here in Redmond. I went in and asked for an M-card for my Tivo and they knew exactly what I needed, I took it home and self-installed it, then just called them up to have them activate it. Piece of cake.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #10
MrDell

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
We are very fortunate here in RI. We had Cox here for many years and they had a "take it or leave it" attitude until Verizon Fios came in around four years ago. Now the war to win over customers is going strong and it sure feels good! Compitition is great!
MrDell is offline   Reply With Quote