TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
speedy2
TivoAddict

Arrow Video and Audio Dropout

I have a TiVo Premiere XL4 thats 9 weeks and 2 days old. Today it started to drop video and audio on live tv and recorded content. It has been happening every few seconds to minutes randomly. I have tried doing a hard reboot by pulling the power after a soft reboot through the menu didn't work and it still has not fixed the problem. My other TiVo Premiere is fine that is connected to the same cable source in my bedroom. Am I looking at a failing hard drive that would cause this type of problem or is there some other fix that I am not aware of? Has anyone else experienced this issue on the XL4?

Last edited by speedy2 : 08-12-2012 at 10:48 PM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2 View Post
I have a TiVo Premiere XL4 thats 9 weeks and 2 days old. Today it started to drop video and audio on live tv and recorded content. It has been happening every few seconds to minutes randomly. I have tried doing a hard reboot by pulling the power after a soft reboot through the menu didn't work and it still has not fixed the problem. My other TiVo Premiere is fine that is connected to the same cable source in my bedroom. Am I looking at a failing hard drive that would cause this type of problem or is there some other fix that I am not aware of? Has anyone else experienced this issue on the XL4?
If your cable signal got weaker for some reason, the tuners in the XL4 might have problems sooner than the tuners in a 2-tuner Premiere (from what I've read here). But I would suggest cloning the hard drive ASAP in case it's starting to fail.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
speedy2
TivoAddict

Smile Fixed

After some troubleshooting I discovered that it was my Logitec Revu Google TV that was in between the TiVo and the TV that was the problem. After removing that the problem went away.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote