TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
vvarkonyi

How can I transfer my recordings from the Tivo to my Mac

Hi all! I'm sorry if this has been discussed earlier, but I am trying to transfer my recordings from my Tivo to my Mac. According to Tivo, they recommend using Roxio Titanium 11. However, upon doing some rudimentary research, I found out that this program is beyond horrible with many issues. Is there any other program that can be used to transfer the recordings?

Thank you in advance!
vvarkonyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
jay_man2
jay_man-also

If you're not running Mountain Lion on your Mac, iTivo works. It's a free download.

http://code.google.com/p/itivo/
Old 08-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
ShayL

You can kmttg: http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Aside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvarkonyi View Post
According to Tivo, they recommend using Roxio Titanium 11.
Of course they do.

TiVo should just give up recommending Roxio and Tivo Desktop Plus. They offer virtually NO support for these programs (nor do the developers) and if you want to get your money back, you're SOL.

Why do they even bother when people here have come up with better solutions (for FREE)?

I wish TiVo would accept that fact and give out a new SDK or something so the people here could "go to town" so to speak.

/rant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #5
vvarkonyi

Jay,

I was able to download and instal ITiVo, and got it to recognize my TiVo on my network. I have the correct Media Access Key and the correct IP Address. However, it would not connect to it and allow me to transfer the videos.

Suggestions?

Thanks again!!!
vvarkonyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
chimerax

I never used ITiVo. But the developers suggest that IP assigned for your Tivo has to be static, not dynamic. I also found this in our forums which may help you http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=479781
chimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
Adonsa

Transferring Content out of R-10 Direct-TV Tivo.

Hi,

I'll be soon transitioning from a Directv-TIVO R-10 to THR-22-100.

There are about 300 hrs. of recorded shows, etc. on the R-10 which need to be transferred or archived, preferably to a hard drive, for later viewing.

I don't particularly desire to move the content to the THR-22, just need the capability to view at a later time.

The TIVO System menu says Series-2, but I don't believe it. The R-10 has no RJ45 Jack, hence, no networking. The most advanced output it has is S-Video, and RCA Jacks for the Audio. The dealer I bought it from told me that it is totally incapable of any networking, and that the USB port is non-functional.

The R-10 is well out of warranty, so I'm free to remove the ide drive in case that turns out to be an unlikely solution. I have adapter to read ide drive into a eSata port, so no problem there.

The iTivo software should probably be ruled out, because it calls for use of the iPhone as an intermediate interface (hence, networking).

Likewise, the Kmttg application, according to the instruction, requires networking.

What I'd like to do is pull the 3/4 Terabyte drive out of the R-10 and extract the content, although this may be too much to expect, as a Tivo drive (I'm told) has unique formatting and is probably unreadable on a Mac or an IBM-PC. The manmade website describes how the Instacake formatting software formats and images the Tivo drive at the same time, but it does not describe how to read from a Tivo drive removed from a DirecTV Tivo receiver.

I'll much appreciate your suggestions and expertise.

Cheers,
Jack

Apologies if this issue has already been worked elsewhere on TivoCommunity, I did searches for key words "archive" and "transfer" and this thread is the closest I could find.
Adonsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #8
Adonsa

Addendum to above query.

I did stumble across a solution from the Weaknees web page, I should have known, but I didn't.

I can run the R-10 along side of the THR-22, disconnect the R-10's coax, output to another TV input, then hit the Tivo button upon bootup to bypass the disconnected R-10's attempt to acquire Satellite 101, and watch stuff that's already on the R-10. I hope this is useful to other readers.

It will still be highly appreciated if anyone knows how to pull the content from a removed R-10 hard drive, in order to, ultimately, archive to a Mac.

Thanks much, for indulging all this.
Adonsa is offline   Reply With Quote