TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Big Brother - 8/9/2012

Clearly, Janelle wasn't looking forward enough. You snooze you lose!

And ug, another week of Carrotop and A-hole in charge. Yay?
Old 08-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
2004raptor

Glad to see janelle leave. I seem to almost always be in the minority because I like frank and boogie. I don't want to see boogie win but that's mostly because he has already won. Frank winning doesn't bother me too much but I am sorta rooting for Ian.
Now, what does bug me is frank calling Julie "Jules". I so wish she would make a point to correct him and put him in his place. Didn't she do that to another houseguest in another season? I can't recall what nickname the person called her but I faintly remember an issue.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
plateau10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Now, what does bug me is frank calling Julie "Jules". I so wish she would make a point to correct him and put him in his place. Didn't she do that to another houseguest in another season? I can't recall what nickname the person called her but I faintly remember an issue.
It's OK, he's her home skillet
plateau10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
jcondon

Quote:
Glad to see janelle leave. I seem to almost always be in the minority because I like frank and boogie. I don't want to see boogie win but that's mostly because he has already won. Frank winning doesn't bother me too much but I am sorta rooting for Ian.
We like Frank and Boogie to a point as well. I would be be fine with Frank or Ian winning. It will be interesting to see if Boogie decides to play to win and turns on Frank or if they stay together to the end assuming they don't get voted out first.

Boogie is fun to watch and I liked how he handled Janelle. Left her speechless.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Boogie is the guy you love to hate. Janelle was right...he *is* a d-bag, but that's partly what makes him fun to watch. Just think how boring the show would be if everyone in there were perfect, kind, nice people that you really like.

That said, I like Frank. He seems like a big, goofy kid but likeable. Boogie....blech!

I too am rooting for Ian.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
Donbadabon
Geocacher

On the West Coast feed they censored 'd-bag'. Did it make it through on the East Coast?

For the HOH, I don't understand why they didn't keep putting Frank and Boogie up to compete.
I think the idea is to make the players you don't want to win keep competing.
But they left them alone, which increased their odds. Ugh.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondon View Post
It will be interesting to see if Boogie decides to play to win and turns on Frank or if they stay together to the end assuming they don't get voted out first.
Boogie has already won, and he won because of the help from Dr Will. I think he would love to do the same for Frank. But if Frank goes out, I think Boogie would be happy to win again. Of course, they could never run the show again because his ego would swell and explode and take out the house.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
On the West Coast feed they censored 'd-bag'. Did it make it through on the East Coast?

For the HOH, I don't understand why they didn't keep putting Frank and Boogie up to compete.
I'm assuming not, as it was censored here in the Mountain time zone too, which is essentially a tape delayed East coast feed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

Censored in Texas, which I guess gets the East feed. Her "screw you Boogie" a couple sentences after that did make it through.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
You could clearly read Janelle's lips when she called Boogie a d-bag. And the look on Julie's face was priceless.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Dnamertz

Quote:

Four of them are supposed to be in the Silent Six alliance with Frank and Boogie, and Ian and Jen are still kind of loyal to Frank and Boogie as well.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
bryhamm
randomize

Yeah, you could tell from the HOH comp that they wanted to get Joe, Wil, Jenn and Ashley out first as they are on the outside of the silent 6. Once that was done, it didn't matter who won.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
TheMerk
Always Bid First

And could Boogie have made it anymore obvious that he didn't want to win the HOH comp?

/
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #14
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Um, no.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #15
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
And could Boogie have made it anymore obvious that he didn't want to win the HOH comp?
Why piss off anyone when you make the tough decisions. Have one of your people win HOH, then work in the background.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
SoBelle0
What's next?

My TiVo recorded this at 3:07am - I have no idea why...

So thanks for the updates here!! I didn't want Janelle to go - even though I figured it would ultimately happen.

I would be fine with Frank or Ian winning the whole shebang! I like them both.
I don't like how Frank's so closely tied with Boogs, does he ever spend time with anyone else? He really should. Boogie's a really big target - and Frank is too, but he may find that he needs those other newbies to keep himself in the game and go after the coaches.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #17
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Why piss off anyone when you make the tough decisions. Have one of your people win HOH, then work in the background.
All he had to do was stand there and act like he didn't know what the answer was, and let the other person answer it... unless THEY were trying to NOT win also.

There was also a 1/3 chance that he was correct with his early hit. Wouldn't that have been funny?

Old 08-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #18
verdugan

I know Ashley has had some back pain issues. I hope she was on some strong meds during the episode b/c she looked like a total airhead - not giving names of the next two people, having <-- that face, etc.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #19
kweltz

Quote:

It was censored on the east coast as well. Didn't exactly need the sound to know what she said though.
kweltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

I am pulling for Boogie and Frank. Next best thing to Boogie and Will. Boogie really worked some magic to get rid of Janelle, he is definitely good at the game. I Also like the Silent Six Shhhhhhhh over the Quack Pack.

This was a good week of Big Brother.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
I know Ashley has had some back pain issues. I hope she was on some strong meds during the episode b/c she looked like a total airhead - not giving names of the next two people, having <-- that face, etc.
Uh no..thats Ashley all the time.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #22
mattack

Quote:
On the West Coast feed they censored 'd-bag'.
Weird, that seems to be one of the new words/terms they've allowed in general the past few years.. but I admit, I may be thinking mostly of basic cable, which I completely understand is NOT under the same rules as OTA, but tends to typically follow the same general guidelines.

But in the past few years, more body part words have been allowed more often (even in adjective form, e.g. "he's being a d*").
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:33 AM   #23
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Weird, that seems to be one of the new words/terms they've allowed in general the past few years...
They block out d-bag, but scumbag is ok for TV. And scumbag is used in the same manner to mean a dickish person, but it also is a vulgar slang for a condom.

I will never understand censorship.

I wish Janelle had been able to stay. I still can't believe boogie masterminded that. Ugh.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:23 AM   #24
tiams

Quote:
It irritates me too when he is over-familiar and presumptuous with her. But it also irritates me how he seems to unnecessarily abbreviate everything. For instance, how he says comp and nom.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #25
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
It irritates me too when he is over-familiar and presumptuous with her. But it also irritates me how he seems to unnecessarily abbreviate everything. For instance, how he says comp and nom.
...and "preesh". Not even sure how to spell that, but it's short for "I appreciate it".
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #26
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
But it also irritates me how he seems to unnecessarily abbreviate everything. For instance, how he says comp and nom.
Totes