TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series 1 - UK
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
spitfires
wassock

Rename files using tivoftpd

Am I the only one who sometimes gets irritated that tivo's ftp daemon can't rename files? It finally got the better of me, so I've added RNFR/RNTO commands and here's tivoftpd re-compiled for Series 1.
(Source attached if you want to compile for MIPS.)

Tested in Filezilla, CoreFTP and Notepad++

Attached Files
File Type: zip tivoftpd-20120730-ppc.zip (55.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: zip tivoftpd-20120730-src.zip (19.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
mrtickle

Very nice, thanks!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrtickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
bri_tal

You don't by any chance have a link for renaming programmes in the 'Now Playing' list, do you ?
bri_tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
mrtickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri_tal View Post
You don't by any chance have a link for renaming programmes in the 'Now Playing' list, do you ?
That's built-in functionality of TiVoWeb...
mrtickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
bri_tal

Thanks MrT. However, looking at TWP21b3 menus, I cannot see anything about renaming programmes. Is the function hidden somewhere ?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
DX30

UI, NPL gives you the list of programmes. Choose the one you want then do Edit Program. You can then change the name.
DX30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
bri_tal

Thanks DX30. Didn't look far enough LOL. So, if I have some dvd recordings which I transfer to tivo, presumably, the incorrect programme name which tivo allots can also be amended, in the same way ?