TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
donaldsa

Glo-Remote Programming Capabilities

I would like to program my TiVo remote so that the Power button controls the power for both my AV Receiver and my Television. My Television uses a standard single power button to toggle the power, however my AV Receiver has one button for "On" and a second button for "Off".

I'd like to program the TiVo remote so that the first press of the Power button sends out the TV toggle code and the AV Receiver On code, while the second press of the button sends out the TV Toggle code and the AV Receiver Off code.

Is there a way to tell the TiVo remote the difference between a power on and a power off code?

There has to be a way to do this because my older peanut remote does this just fine. I just can't remember how I programmed.
donaldsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
supersnoop

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/278

Instructions for powering multiple devices are near the bottom.
TiVo S3 - 1.5TB
Pioneer 57H - 750GB
supersnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
donaldsa

Thanks for the info. But that solution doesn't work. The Yamaha Receiver that I have uses two separate power buttons - One for "Power" (turns the receiver on) and one for "Standby" (turns the receiver off). If I follow the instructions for powering multiple devices, I have to choose which power code to use which means the TiVo power button will either function to power on the receiver or power it off.

However my older peanut remote works properly - Its just been years since I've programmed it and I can't remember what I did. There is an IR code for the receiver that toggles the power, I've seen it in technical documents from Yamaha. But the Yamaha remote that I have doesn't use that code so I can't use the learning feature of the TiVo remote. I wish I could just stick a USB cable into the TiVo report and add the code. Hmm - sounds like I need a Harmony remote.
donaldsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
teasip

I wish to heck that you could get this resolved because I've got a Yamaha (HTR5750) that I use with my TiVo HD (basic peanut) and I'd love to be able to do this as well. I have to keep the OEM remote nearby to change the source if I turn on the DVD, etc..
Old 08-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #5
Allanon

I have an Onkyo receiver and it's remote has a button for each input but not one that cycles through all the inputs. I was able to download codes from the Internet that cycled the inputs. I used remote software and an IR transmitter on my computer to program the TiVo Glo remote. You can probably use the remote software and IR transmitter to combine the codes and program the TiVo Glo remote's power button.

I would have had the same problem as you with the power but my receiver is able to turn itself on and off when it detects a signal over HDMI from my TV. So I just need to turn the TV on and the receiver comes on and when I turn off my TV the receiver turns off. You should check if your TV and receiver are CEC-compatible or RIHD-compatible components.
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
teasip

Unfortunately, this won' help me since my receiver is pre-HDMI input.