TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #4201
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Been on vacation and without internet access
How did you survive?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #4202
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
How did you survive?
By carrier pigeon.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #4203
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Does it have to be in the filename or would building an episode title in the metadata be acceptable?

Are you able to build kmttg from the source?

When do you need it?

to moyekj - not trying to preempt you or step on your toes, it's just that I am currently running a (self) modified version of kmttg that creates an episode title if there isn't one and I could send a patch to mattack. If you'd rather I not do that, I'll understand and will cease and desist.
I haven't ever built kmttg.. is it hard? (i.e. I know *nothing* about Java, but obviously know how to build things with makefiles and such.)

I don't _need_ it anytime at all, it would just be a cool feature.

OK, it sounds like your patch does do what I want -- create an episode title ONLY if there isn't already one there..

I skimmed that other thread mentioned.. has anyone reported to Tivo the change in guide data that apparently caused this problem?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #4204
kpeters59

Service won't start Access is Denied

Now that the shows coming off of Tivo will actually playback for my daughter, I decided to start trying to using the 'service' again, but it won't start. It worked before.

I searched this thread and only found 1 result that was close. But I'm already running the 32 bit version of Java, so that wasn't it.

Wrapper has 'all access'.

I receive error 7034 in Event Viewer.

I ran the .bat files in an elevated command prompt and received this in response:

C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v0p8r\service\win32>uninstall-kmttg-service
wrapper | kmttg removed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v0p8r\service\win32>install-kmttg-service
wrapper | kmttg installed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v0p8r\service\win32>start-kmttg-service
wrapper | Starting the kmttg service...
wrapper | The kmttg service was launched, but failed to start.
Press any key to continue . . .
C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v0p8r\service\win32>

When I try to start it in Services, it says it terminated unexpectedly.

Which way do I go now?

Thanks,

-KP
kpeters59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #4205
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
Um, sorry, but... no. The TiVo first groups by Scheduled Recordings | KUID | Suggestions, and THEN sorts each of the three groups internally by date:
Like moyekj, I turn off suggestions, so I'll accept the fact that there are two different sections. However, unlike him (and you, IIRC), I do use KUID and I've never seen it have any effect on sort order.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #4206
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I haven't ever built kmttg.. is it hard? (i.e. I know *nothing* about Java, but obviously know how to build things with makefiles and such.)
Well, I'm using Eclipse so it's fairly easy for me to build something that works.

Quote:
I don't _need_ it anytime at all, it would just be a cool feature.

OK, it sounds like your patch does do what I want -- create an episode title ONLY if there isn't already one there..
Ok. So not all that urgent and you can wait until it is ready for prime time, however it gets there.

Quote:
I skimmed that other thread mentioned.. has anyone reported to Tivo the change in guide data that apparently caused this problem?
It was reported to both TiVo and Tribune and TiVo claimed it would be fixed by 7/31. Maybe if some else (nudge, nudge, wink wink) were to add their voice...

Old 08-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #4207
lrhorer

Quote:
Like moyekj, I turn off suggestions, so I'll accept the fact that there are two different sections. However, unlike him (and you, IIRC), I do use KUID and I've never seen it have any effect on sort order.
Hmm. You know, you are right. I had merely assumed the KUID entries were grouped separately, but they fall at the bottom of the scheduled list merely because, not surprisingly, they are generally older than other scheduled recordings. I had thought it was a separate grouping, but in fact it is merely because the newest KUID is older than the oldest to-be-deleted show on most of the TiVos (for example on one TiVo, 2010 for the newest KUID vs 2011 for the oldest regularly scheduled show):

There most definitely IS a grouping of the Suggestions vs regularly scheduled programs, as you can see above, and except when I want to specifically sort by some other criteria (usually alpha by title), I much prefer it that way. The TiVo treats the Suggestions a bit differently than regularly scheduled programs, and so do I.

I do use KUID, of course, but judiciously and only when it makes sense.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #4208
lrhorer

Quote:
Oh OK, Suggestions is one of 1st things I disable on a TiVo as I have no use for them.
No offense, but I just don't see how anyone can say that. Take a look at the list of suggestions above. Each and every one of those could have taken me an hour or more to find, yet every last one except for Real Housewives... (my roomate's influence on the programming - I just gave her that TiVo) is one I would enjoy watching at some point in time or at least taking a peek. How much time did it take me to select the dozens of them on the TiVo? 0. What impact do they have on the TiVo otherwise? 0.

Quote:
I don't recall but if you turn on Folders do the suggestions all get grouped in their own folder?
Yes. Otherwise they are merely placed at the bottom, below the regularly scheduled programs and right above the RDF.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #4209
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
How did you survive?
I was wondering that, myself. Perhaps he was sedated.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #4210
lrhorer

Quote:
I just discovered this. If you hold down Shift button while clicking on a table column it will undo the sort. So whichever column you are currently sorting by just Shift click on column header to undo the sort and revert back to original order.
Oh, cool! Yeah, that works. 'Problem solved, and thanks!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #4211
moyekj

Quote:
What impact do they have on the TiVo otherwise? 0.
I have so many *intentional* recordings I already can never get to that suggestions would never get watched. And actually suggestions on does have quite a big effect. It keeps the Recently Deleted folder practically empty so makes that feature pretty worthless - and yes I do use Recently Deleted on occasion. Also I seem to recall a long time ago when I tried it that if you subsequently do turn off suggestions that it messes up your NPL by lumping all the suggestions along with non-suggestion recordings (instead of keeping them lumped in a suggestions folder) such that you can no longer easily distinguish one from the other. That really ticked me off when it happened. Not sure if it still does that but I suspect so. Finally, during the day when I don't record anything the rest of my family quite often does watch live TV (grimace) so having suggestions on would screw them up. So there are plenty of reasons to not want suggestions on from my perspective.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #4212
lpwcomp

Quote:
It depends. [Title][hour][min] should work as long as [hour] and [min] don't return spaces or hyphens. [Title] [hour] [min], probably not unless I do some fixin'. The scripts don't like successive spaces.
No spaces or special chars. Just numbers. When I tested it ealier today (well yesterday at this point ) by adding [month][mday][year][hour][min] to the file name template, the resulting string added to the file name was 072720121930

Quote:
Oh, gawd no! 'Linux all the way. Originally the transfers were via TyTool, which is stiill by far the fastest thing in town. Kmttg is just too convienient, though, so now I take a factor of three hit in speed in order to enjoy the convenience of kmttg. I still fire up TyTool, however, on those occasions when transferring via the TTG mechanism fails. Transferring via tserver virtually always works.
Oh, I figured you were running Linux. The forward slashes in the file path sort of pointed in that direction.. I just thought that a Linux version of TD had been released at some point.

Quote:
Actually, however, the "(Recorded" was my own thing, implemented when I changed over from Galleon to pyTivo for GoBack handling. Originally the script inserted the string on its own at the top of processing, but now that kmttg allows me to add an arbitrary sting fragment of my own to the title, I have it do so and the script now just checks to make sure it is there.
Why not just add [mday][hour][min] to the file name template after "(Recorded"? Or does "(Recorded" have to be at the end?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #4213
noone3000

Is there any way for kmttg to transfer a file while it's actually recording on the TiVo? It would be nice to be able to start a transfer and decrypt in a live state so I could stream some football to my iPad or iPhone before the entire game is finished. (using Air Video)
noone3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #4214
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone3000 View Post
Is there any way for kmttg to transfer a file while it's actually recording on the TiVo? It would be nice to be able to start a transfer and decrypt in a live state so I could stream some football to my iPad or iPhone before the entire game is finished. (using Air Video)
Nope. The TiVo doesn't allow it, AFAIK.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #4215
kpeters59

Quote:
The only way that comes to mind for me would be to break up the recording in to smaller parts with manual recordings.

HTH

-KP
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #4216
lrhorer

Quote:
Oh, I figured you were running Linux. The forward slashes in the file path sort of pointed in that direction.. I just thought that a Linux version of TD had been released at some point.
No, that would without question require a pretty major re-write, although I admit it would eliminate most of the most serious complaints I have of the program by default. The goofy interface would no doubt remain, however, and vidmgr + kmttg just pee all over the limited feature set of TDT.

Quote:
Why not just add [mday][hour][min] to the file name template after "(Recorded"? Or does "(Recorded" have to be at the end?
Well, neither. The format is: " (Recorded <DOW> <Mon> <Day>, <Year>, <Channel>).mp[4g]". The scripts expect the field lengths of each value after "(Recorded " to be fixed as [3 3 2, 4, ], with everything after the 18th character up to the final parenthesis being the channel ID. So for example:

Code:
for mon in $monthList
do
	[[ $mon == ${datName:4:3} ]] && monNum=$(( 22 - $x ))
	x=$(( $x + 1 ))
done
if [[ ${datName:8:1} == "0" ]]
then
	dayNum=$(( 41 - ${datName:9:1} ))
else
	daynum=$(( 41 - ${datName:8:2} ))
fi
yearNum=$(( 3200 - ${datName:12:4} ))
They expect everything up to the " (Recorded " string to be the name of the show, and treat a hyphen there as potentially meaning the program is part of a series. Of course I could rewrite the scripts. I could put the hour and minute after the final parenthesis, I suppose, and trap any text there, removing it for the final version of the file name. That would, I think, break the least amount of code, and would make splicing the episodes together using VRD easier, as well. Hmm.

Last edited by lrhorer : 08-07-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #4217
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeters59 View Post
The only way that comes to mind for me would be to break up the recording in to smaller parts with manual recordings.
SlingBox or HD HomeRun
Old 08-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #4218
kpeters59

HD Homerun

Quote:
SlingBox or HD HomeRun
I do have an HD Homerun I'm pretty sure I'll never need again.

It's the non-cable card version.

-KP
Old 08-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #4219
noone3000

Quote:
I do have an HD Homerun I'm pretty sure I'll never need again.

It's the non-cable card version.

-KP
No thanks. I made the decision to stick with my $1000 investment in two Premiere units with lifetime. I did ponder the possibility of returning these and buying an HD Homerun Prime to use with WMC and a few Xbox 360 extenders, but I have a feeling this solution would not be as nice as two dedicated TiVo Premiere units......
noone3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #4220
kpeters59

Quote:
No thanks. I made the decision to stick with my $1000 investment in two Premiere units with lifetime. I did ponder the possibility of returning these and buying an HD Homerun Prime to use with WMC and a few Xbox 360 extenders, but I have a feeling this solution would not be as nice as two dedicated TiVo Premiere units......

Still, if you could get a stream from it, you would be able to watch. It would, however, be live only...

-KP
Old 08-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #4221
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
I just thought that a Linux version of TD had been released at some point.
Are you kidding? They can barely be bothered with a Mac version.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #4222
kpeters59

Bump?

Quote:
Now that the shows coming off of Tivo will actually playback for my daughter, I decided to start trying to using the 'service' again, but it won't start. It worked before.

I searched this thread and only found 1 result that was close. But I'm already running the 32 bit version of Java, so that wasn't it.

Wrapper has 'all access'.

I receive error 7034 in Event Viewer.

I ran the .bat files in an elevated command prompt and received this in response:

C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v0p8r\service\win32>uninstall-kmttg-service
wrapper | kmttg removed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v0p8r\service\win32>install-kmttg-service
wrapper | kmttg installed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v0p8r\service\win32>start-kmttg-service
wrapper | Starting the kmttg service...
wrapper | The kmttg service was launched, but failed to start.
Press any key to continue . . .
C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg_v0p8r\service\win32>

When I try to start it in Services, it says it terminated unexpectedly.

Which way do I go now?

Thanks,

-KP

Is 2 days long enough for a bump?

Might as well add some info, huh?

When I "examine log file", there's nothing new since April. I tried changing max log file size from 10 to 20 and tried to start the service to generate the error that is displayed in the gui window, but that didn't fix that. So I can't Copy/Paste.

The error that is displayed in the gui is something like:

[SC] Start Service: Open Service Failed 5:

Access is denied

Edit 2:

I changed the properties of javaw.exe "Compatibility" to "Run as Administrator" and the error went away. Now when I try to start the service, it just returns: kmttg service is installed status=stopped. I tried changing wrapper.exe too, but that still has the same result. Trying to start the service from Services, results in Error 1067.

Edit 3:

I uninstalled all existing versions of Java. 7_32 and 7_64. Then I installed Java 6 Update 33 and the service started on the first try.

Can I run 7? Maybe it was just a glitch? I'd prefer to just have 1 version installed. Not sure why. Just to keep things lean, I guess. Definitely 64_bit won't work?

Thanks,

-KP

Last edited by kpeters59 : 08-08-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Clarity?
Old 08-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #4223
moyekj

I have not tried Java 7 so no idea if there are any issues but certainly seems like that's the case. I still compile to be Java 5 compatible since Apple OS tends to lag way behind on the Java front.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #4224
kpeters59

Java 7

Quote:
I have not tried Java 7 so no idea if there are any issues but certainly seems like that's the case. I still compile to be Java 5 compatible since Apple OS tends to lag way behind on the Java front.

It worked for quite a while, apparently with Java 7, until I stopped it because the files weren't playing properly. When I started troubleshooting, there was a Java 7 32&64 install listed in Programs and Features. There was a Java 6 folder in the (x86) folder, but it was empty and 6 was not listed in P&F's.

For this machine, I can't think of a reason why I'd need 7, so I'll leave well enough alone. I do still have 100 or so shows needing to be QS Fix'd...

This software is amazingly fantastic. Thanks again for making it and keeping it working and for all your work improving it.

-Kyle

And my 'log' is working again.

Last edited by kpeters59 : 08-09-2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Minor additional info.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:07 AM   #4225
spammsmcghee

"Problem writing to config file"

I'm trying to get KMTTG set up on a new computer. I transferred the Program Files folder from my old computer to the new one, and when I tried to use it, I got the message: Problem writing to config file.... I assumed this was because I couldn't just start using it from the old files that were transferred, so I downloaded it fresh from the website. I started it up again from the new download, and I got the same message after it found my Tivos (see pic). I searched through the Wiki and didn't see any entries related to this. Please help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (21.9 KB, 8 views)
spammsmcghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #4226
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammsmcghee View Post
I'm trying to get KMTTG set up on a new computer. I transferred the Program Files folder from my old computer to the new one, and when I tried to use it, I got the message: Problem writing to config file.... I assumed this was because I couldn't just start using it from the old files that were transferred, so I downloaded it fresh from the website. I started it up again from the new download, and I got the same message after it found my Tivos (see pic). I searched through the Wiki and didn't see any entries related to this. Please help.
When you moved KMTTG, you must have placed it in a different folder on the new computer. You could try to re-configure KMTTG for the new folder. Also, it appears you are running it from the .zip file.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 08-13-2012 at 03:18 AM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #4227
spammsmcghee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
When you moved KMTTG, you must have placed it in a different folder on the new computer. You could try to re-configure KMTTG for the new folder. Also, it appears you are running it from the .zip file.
As I said, I downloaded and installed a fresh copy, and the latest version. So the folder location shouldn't be an issue. I'm not running it from the zip file. What you see in the pic is where it downloaded the Win32_tools zip, but then it says it can't find it. I downloaded it seperately and extracted it to the KMTTG folder, but it still says it can't find the files. I thought I'd address that issue later.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #4228
kpeters59

Quote:

Also, you may need to check the 'properties' of the file/folder.

Did you put the moved folder in \Program Files and not \Program Files (x86)?

-KP
Old 08-13-2012, 03:51 AM   #4229
spammsmcghee

Quote:
Also, you may need to check the 'properties' of the file/folder.

Did you put the moved folder in \Program Files and not \Program Files (x86)?

-KP
I actually have one in each. The one I transferred from the old computer is in Program Files. The fresh download is in the x86 folder.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:57 AM   #4230
spammsmcghee

Quote:
I actually have one in each. The one I transferred from the old computer is in Program Files. The fresh download is in the x86 folder.
Disregard. I just got it working, although I really don't understand why or how. I moved the old folder to my desktop, which is where it was located on the old computer. It is working now. I just don't understand why the fresh download didn't work. It shouldn't have had any old settings/configuration linked to it. Thanks for the help anyway.