TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
DouglasPHill

Dallas - Family Business - 8/1/2012

Not a lot to say about this one. They are heading towards lots of stuff going on next week. So is Christopher the father? Loved Bobby's wife going off on JR.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

We are thoroughly enjoying this show...I wouldn't classify it a guilty pleasure...but close. The machinations by everyone are great.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
DeDondeEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
Not a lot to say about this one. They are heading towards lots of stuff going on next week. So is Christopher the father? Loved Bobby's wife going off on JR.
I was wondering if Christopher was the father as well, but then I thought I recalled them doing a DNA test a while back. Although, the results may have been faked somehow.
DeDondeEs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Yes, they did a DNA test....that was the first thing he wanted done when he learned she was pregnant...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
zalusky

So was the implication this last week that Rebecca set the whole scam up and got the pseudo brother from college to go in with her versus the other way around.

I guess next we will find out that she is Cliff Barnes niece or something because after all Bobby's married a Barnes so why not Christopher.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky
So was the implication this last week that Rebecca set the whole scam up and got the pseudo brother from college to go in with her versus the other way around.

I guess next we will find out that she is Cliff Barnes niece or something because after all Bobby's married a Barnes so why not Christopher.
Of course that might mean Chris married his sister if Pam had another child after she left (cool) or Pam sister had a daughter.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #7
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Given that Chris was adopted by Pam and Bobby and isn't a Ewing or Barnes by blood, there's no reason he couldn't marry Cliff's niece. And they didn't grow up together, so it's not even emotionally icky.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
DouglasPHill

If Rebecca was the boss of the scheme then her character wanting to only be Mrs. Ewing to Chris is bogus. You don't go from criminal mastermind to housewife. So its either really poor writing or she has deeper plans from her evil side that we have not seen.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
Given that Chris was adopted by Pam and Bobby and isn't a Ewing or Barnes by blood, there's no reason he couldn't marry Cliff's niece. And they didn't grow up together, so it's not even emotionally icky.
But he is Sue Ellen's real nephew. (I don't recall if that's ever been disclosed to him).
Old 08-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #10
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
But he is Sue Ellen's real nephew. (I don't recall if that's ever been disclosed to him).
Is he really? I don't remember that from the original series.

Is Sue Ellen related by blood to either the Ewings or Barnes? Like a second cousin or something? I've forgotten a lot. (Wikipedia says no.)

Ah, Wikipedia says... Christopher is Kristin Shepard's biological son, which makes Sue Ellen his aunt. There yuh go. Wiki also says they never firmly established whether he's J.R.'s biological son. Boy, wouldn't that be a kick in the head?

Last edited by Graymalkin : 08-07-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
zalusky

Sue Ellen had a sister (Kristin - who shot JR). After she left town she hooked with a guy and had a baby. When she bought the farm, Bobby and Pam adopted the kid.

So Christopher is not a Ewing by blood, he is more of a In-Law.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
Is he really? I don't remember that from the original series.

Is Sue Ellen related by blood to either the Ewings or Barnes? Like a second cousin or something? I've forgotten a lot. (Wikipedia says no.)

Ah, Wikipedia says... Christopher is Kristin Shepard's biological son, which makes Sue Ellen his aunt. There yuh go. Wiki also says they never firmly established whether he's J.R.'s biological son. Boy, wouldn't that be a kick in the head?
I believe the Wiki is wrong on whether they tested for JR being daddy. He isn't.

As soon as he found out who mommy was, he thought he might be, in fact so did Bobby, who tried to hold it over JR's head at first.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
zalusky

Well I guess that answers that: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dallas-F...w-1051815.aspx

Don't go their if you don't want any spoilers for next season.