TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
willyd

Tivo Developers Wanted

I represent an MSO and we're interested in developing Tivo applications on the new Air framework. If you're a developer who's been doing this in your spare time and would consider some additional work, please PM me your resume and some samples of past accomplishments. Thanks!
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

The TiVo SDK isn't available to the public yet, so I don't think there aren any developers doing this in their spare time. So far TiVo has only given the SDK out to strategic partners like Netflix and Hulu.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
willyd

As a strategic partner we do have access to the new SDK; however, we intend to develop against the existing SDK and upgrade as appropriate down the road. Given this, if you're interested in some app development work, please PM me your resume and/or samples of past work. Thanks!

Bill
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Heh, please contact Tivo about getting some real developers for the Flash-based UI while you're at it.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
rhettf
R3T1CAL

I hope your with amazon!
rhettf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
As a strategic partner we do have access to the new SDK; however, we intend to develop against the existing SDK and upgrade as appropriate down the road. Given this, if you're interested in some app development work, please PM me your resume and/or samples of past work. Thanks!
My point was that it's unlikely you'll find anyone on this forum who has experience with the SDK as it is currently only available to a handful of people. You're probably going to have to hire a programmer with experience in the language the SDK is for (Java? Flash?) and then have them learn the SDK as they go. Unless you get really lucky and someone who works for one of the other strategic partners happens to read this forum.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
He did say he wanted someone familiar with Adobe Air.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #8
theraven146

Nice to know that there are some interests for developing applications for Tivo. However, as Dan 203 points out, there could be a lack of developers owing to lack of SDK. It would be interesting to see how developers fare with the situation.
theraven146 is offline   Reply With Quote