Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #181
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyis4dcats View Post
I guarantee had someone told you the fly was fake and added later, you'd have one of your little meltdowns and start screaming about how they were nuts.
Wrong. You can't compare the two. The CGI-fly is a provable fact, it's not a guess or fabrication. What I have a problem with is when people fabricate relationships or clues or foreshadowing that's NOT ACTUALLY THERE or not actually placed there by the writers.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #182
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Wrong. You can't compare the two. The CGI-fly is a provable fact, it's not a guess or fabrication. What I have a problem with is when people fabricate relationships or clues or foreshadowing that's NOT ACTUALLY THERE or not actually placed there by the writers.
your missing my point - had someone not posted about the fly, and someone else had told you that, there's no way you'd believe it.

just because Vince Gilligan hasn't been reported as saying that many of the things in the article were intentional doesn't mean they weren't.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #183
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyis4dcats View Post
your missing my point - had someone not posted about the fly, and someone else had told you that, there's no way you'd believe it.

just because Vince Gilligan hasn't been reported as saying that many of the things in the article were intentional doesn't mean they weren't.
And you're missing my point. Nobody can deny the fly was there, CGI or not. It's there, you can SEE IT. What I have a problem with is people making connections for things that AREN'T THERE. They are entirely fabricated in their own mind. The fact the fly was CGI or not is not the same thing at all. I could care less if the fly was CGI'd in by VG or not. Like I said, you can't compare the two. For instance, that article said the ding in the elevator was a foreshadowing of Gus's ultimate demise by Hector's bell. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was JUST A BELL IN THE ELEVATOR!. There's no way to prove it one way or another unless VG comes out and says "yes, we added the elevator ding". The fly? There's no argument, because IT'S ACTUALLY THERE.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #184
The Flush
Anonymous User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
18. Foreshadowing: Here’s a picture of the young Hector Salamanca, sitting on a chair of wheels, years before the old Hector Salamanca would be relegated to a wheelchair.

Is that really foreshadowing? Didn't we first meet this character when he was already old and in a wheelchair?
This is foreshadowing more than that.

The Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #185
Hank
AC•FTW

Sorry, who is that? What movie?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #186
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
Sorry, who is that? What movie?
A character from the tv series Arrested Development -

Spoiler:
he loses his hand during the series.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #187
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
A character from the tv series Arrested Development -

Spoiler:
he loses his hand during the series.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh you got me. I just started season two. I don't know why I clicked that tag!!! Hahaha
Old 08-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #188
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
Well, Jessie's last name is PINKman...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
And Walter's last name is WHITE!
Ohh, ohh, oh! And then we have SKYler (Blue)! And HOLLY (Red). And Walt JUNE-yer. And Hank ShRAIDER. And Gus F-RING. And Hector SALMONica.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 08-06-2012 at 03:04 PM.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #189
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
But that's not the strangest part! We flip back to Scarface and the part where Tony Montana is meeting with Sosa, and Sosa is called away for a telephone call by Alberto i.e. "the Shadow". And who was that -- none other than Héctor Salamanca (Mark Margolis) -- a young Hector Salamanca, anyway. My g/f recognized him first, and I thought it was just someone who looked like Hector, but nope, we looked it up and it's the same actor.
Did you see the scene where they're counting the money? It may look familiar as well.

Push It To The Limit

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #190
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Did you see the scene where they're counting the money? It may look familiar as well.
I'm not sure I see what you're talking about. If you're just saying that counting a ton of cash with a cash counting machine is what is "familiar", that's happened in plenty of movies/TV shows, etc. I don't see a direct relationship between that scene and BrBa other than they're counting cash.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #191
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I'm not sure I see what you're talking about. If you're just saying that counting a ton of cash with a cash counting machine is what is "familiar", that's happened in plenty of movies/TV shows, etc. I don't see a direct relationship between that scene and BrBa other than they're counting cash.
You're always confused. That's just how it is. Or you haven't seen Scarface.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 08-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #192
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
You're always confused. That's just how it is. Or you haven't seen Scarface.
No, I get that Scarface is also a drug dealer/drug lord, and he's counting out the drug money. Is there anything more than that?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #193
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
No, I get that Scarface is also a drug dealer/drug lord, and he's counting out the drug money. Is there anything more than that?
With a money counting machine very similar to the one they're using in Breaking Bad. At first I thought they'd matched the shot, but they didn't.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #194
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Don. Look at brother Montana.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #195
Hank
AC•FTW

Yes, matching the shot would have been a nice callback to Scarface.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #196
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Yes, matching the shot would have been a nice callback to Scarface.
Thanks.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M