TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
pmalve

COX 3D Channel 1300

Cox has the olympics in 3d on channel 1300 but tivo wont lock in on it. Sometimes it tries and i can see the pic for a minute or so. Other times no signal at all. Cox says cable card wont get 3d channels, that I need a box from them. Have heard of people with Comcast and TW getting 3d so I know its not completely true but was wondering if it works for anyone else who has cox cable. After all the trouble I had getting Cox to turn the plus package on that they also said I needed one of there boxes for I don't trust what they say.
pmalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

If you go into DVR Diagnostics what is the signal strength and SNR?

I have no problem tuning in the 3D channel in Phoenix, AZ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
pmalve

no snr number. only thing i see is it keeps jumping from qam 64 to qam 256 and says not locked. Was thinking of going to cox and rent a regular convertor box to see if it is a box issue or a signal issue.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalve View Post
no snr number. only thing i see is it keeps jumping from qam 64 to qam 256 and says not locked. Was thinking of going to cox and rent a regular convertor box to see if it is a box issue or a signal issue.
call in maybe it a local headend problem
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalve View Post
jumping between QAMS usually means you have a signal issue stopping you from locking on on the particular QAM...
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
pmalve

Would that be from the cable card?
Old 08-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
compnurd

You can get some information like the signal strength the Tivo is getting under the Diag. Screen.... Your cable model can give a more accurate number
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote