TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #31
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I never pay any attention to which HBO I'm watching. All I know is at any given moment, HBO is showing about 15 different programs. The only one that is special is the first in the list because that's where brand new content shows up first.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #32
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I never pay any attention to which HBO I'm watching. All I know is at any given moment, HBO is showing about 15 different programs. The only one that is special is the first in the list because that's where brand new content shows up first.
I can't even remember the last thing I actually watched LIVE on HBO. I'll normally go through the guide and see what I want to record, then record it and watch when I can. The beauty part of multiple showings is that I can record it during off hours and it doesn't interfere with my network recordings.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #33
lambertman
How'd I get this old

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
The Pac-12 Network is starting up August 15, and it will include a national network, plus six regional networks to represent the six different regions in the Pac-12 (Washington, Oregon, Northern California, Southern California, Arizona, Moutain). I wonder if Comcast is making room in their bandwidth to offer not only the national feed, but also the regional feeds.
I would be stunned if all six regionals were made available nationwide in SD, let alone HD. I'm in the heart of Big Ten country and the extra BTN football channels are SD only here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lambertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #34
rrrobinsonjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
Let me know if you can see this.
This was incredibly helpful and cleared up a lot!

Do you not have multiple HD options on your service? In my market (MD/DC/VA) we have THREE HD versions of main HBO, SHOWTIME & CINEMAX and TWO each of all their other premium options.

If my service opted to drop one, it would affect me in no way except that I might have to change some of my Season passes if they were programmed for the deleted HD channel. I could just choose the remaining one instead.

As for the West coast options and HBO Latin being deleted....well I could totally live with that. The former rarely affects me and the latter....well...I don't speak Spanish.
rrrobinsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #35
aindik

We won't have those channels at all. They are not duplicated elsewhere in the lineup.

The only premium channels left in HD are:
HBO HD
HBO2 HD
Cinemax HD
Showtime HD
Starz! HD
HBO West HD
HBO Signature HD
Cinemax West HD
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #36
aindik

I actually got the flyer twice in two different formats. Here's the other one which shows what channels they are keeping in addition to the ones they are removing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-648705755.jpg (57.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 08-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #37
aindik

And here's the PDF of the new channel lineup, without the premium secondary HD channels in it.

http://xfinityhd800s.com/pdf/PHILLY1.pdf
Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #38
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
We won't have those channels at all. They are not duplicated elsewhere in the lineup.

The only premium channels left in HD are:
HBO HD
HBO2 HD
Cinemax HD
Showtime HD
Starz! HD
HBO West HD
HBO Signature HD
Cinemax West HD
So the question I would have....is ALL the content from the channels being removed available On Demand? For instance if HBO Signature is showing Forrest Gump (just pulled a movie out of my butt for this), and it is not being shown on any of the HBOs you are getting, can you get them OnDemand? If you can, it's really not a big deal. If you can't, I would want a rebate.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #39
aindik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
So the question I would have....is ALL the content from the channels being removed available On Demand? For instance if HBO Signature is showing Forrest Gump (just pulled a movie out of my butt for this), and it is not being shown on any of the HBOs you are getting, can you get them OnDemand? If you can, it's really not a big deal. If you can't, I would want a rebate.
HBO Zone is showing Crooklyn tonight. Crooklyn is not available on HBO On Demand. So, the answer is no. It's not all available On Demand. I have no idea how much of it is or isn't.

Crooklyn is, however, available to me on HBO Zone in SD.

Problem with a rebate is, this is the same service I was paying for 2 years ago, and the same service much of the country is still paying for. Much of the country never got these channels in HD in the first place.

Last edited by aindik : 08-02-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #40
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbranco View Post
Probably, if you live in the Boston area. I live north of Boston and can get VOD on my Tivo Premiere when it's in the "HD Menu" mode.
If it's a Premiere-only feature, then I'm out anyway. I have a TivoHD.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #41
rrrobinsonjr

Quote:
And here's the PDF of the new channel lineup, without the premium secondary HD channels in it.

http://xfinityhd800s.com/pdf/PHILLY1.pdf
Wow. In Philly you have way more channels than we do already....That's contributing to them running out of spectrum.

What a glut!

I mean (no offense) but I'd rather have all my HBO's in HD than get the 'Jewish Living' or 'Baby First' channels for instance. Puh-lease.
rrrobinsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #42
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
HBO Zone is showing Crooklyn tonight. Crooklyn is not available on HBO On Demand. So, the answer is no. It's not all available On Demand. I have no idea how much of it is or isn't.

Crooklyn is, however, available to me on HBO Zone in SD.

Problem with a rebate is, this is the same service I was paying for 2 years ago, and the same service much of the country is still paying for. Much of the country never got these channels in HD in the first place.
We've had them in HD for about 2 years (or more) on DirecTV. My point is this, if they are taking away the service but giving you an "equivalent" option then I can live with that, as I can still see the same programming. But, if they are taking away a service and I have NO option to replace it, then I expect money back since I am not paying the same money for less. Especially with something like HBO which you would pay extra to have.

Obviously this is nothing unusual, paying the same for less. Take one trip to the supermarket for proof of that.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #43
aindik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
We've had them in HD for about 2 years (or more) on DirecTV. My point is this, if they are taking away the service but giving you an "equivalent" option then I can live with that, as I can still see the same programming. But, if they are taking away a service and I have NO option to replace it, then I expect money back since I am not paying the same money for less. Especially with something like HBO which you would pay extra to have.

Obviously this is nothing unusual, paying the same for less. Take one trip to the supermarket for proof of that.
They would argue that the "replacement" is the channels in standard def.

They would also argue that they didn't raise the price when they added those channels, so why should they lower the price when they remove them.

They would further argue that they haven't yanked the channels yet and have given me ample notice that they are going to do so, and if I don't see the value in the current premium package at its current price, I'm free to cancel it before the first month.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #44
sieglinde

I live in one of the markets with onDemand with Tivos and I don't have the slightest idea how to access it.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #45
sieglinde

Looks like it only on Tivo Premier machines.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #46
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
If it's a Premiere-only feature, then I'm out anyway. I have a TivoHD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
If you have an Xbox 360, you can get the Xfinity app on there to access the VOD. That is what we use because we have Series 3 TiVos.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #47
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
Just upgraded from a 2002 Series 2 to a XL4. Have the Boston feed here in Seacoast NH and On Demand is available on the new TiVo. Even the Comcast cable card got configured in 10 minutes.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #48
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
The only HBO channels I get in HD are HBO, HBO2, and HBO Zone. The others (HBO Comedy, HBO Family, HBO Latin, and HBO Signature) are in SD only.

Xfinity VOD in the Boston market? I wonder if that includes me...
If you had the Motorola/Comcast/Tivo available to you then it is available. I am surprised by the number of people who don't know about Xfinity being added to Tivo. It's been discussed to death in the Tivo forum.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #49
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
If you had the Motorola/Comcast/Tivo available to you then it is available. I am surprised by the number of people who don't know about Xfinity being added to Tivo. It's been discussed to death in the Tivo forum.
There are other forums other than Happy Hour and Now Playing?

Our Series 3's never get anything new.