TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
SnakeEyes

Advanced wishlist help

Hey guys,

This morning the following game is on:

XXX Summer Olympics
"Women's Soccer" Olympics, Soccer, Sports Event (2012) Qualifying Round: USA vs France, Cameroon vs Brazil, Japan vs Canada. (HD)

I have my Wishlish setup like this:

Keyword: -Beach -Indoor -Futsal
Title Keywords: Soccer (United States) (US National Team) (USA)
Category: Sports: Sports Event

It's not catching this morning's game. Can someone explain why and what I have to add to get it to catch the Olympic games
SnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
Martin Tupper
Pontiff Emeritus

You have Soccer (United States) (US National Team) (USA) set as TITLE KEYWORDS. None of those terms appear in the title (XXX Summer Olympics). Reenter those as regular KEYWORDS.
Martin Tupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Tupper View Post
You have Soccer (United States) (US National Team) (USA) set as TITLE KEYWORDS. None of those terms appear in the title (XXX Summer Olympics). Reenter those as regular KEYWORDS.
Your overall point is correct, but I've got one nitpick. Both "XXX Summer Olympics" and "Women's Soccer" are considered parts of the title.

It doesn't matter for this application, but it is helpful for people to know that the episode title is matched against TITLE KEYWORDS for things like setting a wishlist for a certain episode of a series.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

So, would this be the way to set it up?

Keyword: Soccer (United States) (US National Team) (USA) (-Beach) (-Indoor) (-Futsal)
Title Keywords: Summer Olympics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
Martin Tupper
Pontiff Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
Your overall point is correct, but I've got one nitpick. Both "XXX Summer Olympics" and "Women's Soccer" are considered parts of the title.

It doesn't matter for this application, but it is helpful for people to know that the episode title is matched against TITLE KEYWORDS for things like setting a wishlist for a certain episode of a series.
Hmm...I did not know that.
Martin Tupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post

You get the same results entering an episode title as a keyword
Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
You get the same results entering an episode title as a keyword
Usually true.

Or rather it is true that a 'normal' keyword will also search the title. But since a title keyword will only search the titles using it can be helpful if the episode title is a bit too generiic.

Random example. The first episode of season three of the USA show Psych is "Ghosts".
Title Keyword: Psych; Keyword: Ghosts could have too many false positives from episodes that might have 'ghosts' in their description.

(And one of the worst is if you're trying to watch reruns from the beginning so you set a wishlist for the episode 'pilot')

So if I know it's an episode title I prefer to put it in the title keyword list, rather than with the normal keywords.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
chimerax

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
Hey guys,

This morning the following game is on:

XXX Summer Olympics
"Women's Soccer" Olympics, Soccer, Sports Event (2012) Qualifying Round: USA vs France, Cameroon vs Brazil, Japan vs Canada. (HD)

I have my Wishlish setup like this:

Keyword: -Beach -Indoor -Futsal
Title Keywords: Soccer (United States) (US National Team) (USA)

It's not catching this morning's game. Can someone explain why and what I have to add to get it to catch the Olympic games
The problem is not with your TiVo. As everyone said you have to change your keyword and the other thing is if the channel broadcasts the program in a different name (Olympics women soccer USA) TiVo cannot recognize the program and it won’t record it. So use a different keyword.
chimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
SnakeEyes

Thanks for sharing what has been said
Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
hammer32
TiVo Combat Crew

I'm having trouble with a wishlist for keyword: ARSENAL and Sports:Soccer. It's set to auto record, but it missed this mornings match and doesn't find any upcoming games. Looking at the ongoing match on 619, the word Arsenal appears, and the description is Sports, Soccer. There are also repeats of this match several times over the next several days.

Sony SVR-2000 SA
TiVo Series 2 SA
TiVo Series 3 HD
hammer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
SnakeEyes

My wishlist with keyword Arsenal didn't have a problem picking up the game.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
hammer32
TiVo Combat Crew

Quote:
My wishlist with keyword Arsenal didn't have a problem picking up the game.
If I set up a wishlist with just ARSENAL as the keyword I only get Arsenal 360 on YES, but none of the matches that appear in the guide. This is on a THR22.

Sony SVR-2000 SA
TiVo Series 2 SA
TiVo Series 3 HD
Old 09-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
SnakeEyes

Is guide data on D* different? I have a THD.

I did an SP identical to yours with keyword and sports: soccer and it finds the Arsenal/Pool replays in upcoming programs along with replays of past games. All on Fox Soccer HD. Are you certain you have Arsenal as keyword and not title keyword?

Perhaps try removing the Sports: Soccer and see if it at least finds the Arsenal games by keyword. Then perhaps you can try Sports: Sports Event to filter out any unwanted programming

Last edited by SnakeEyes : 09-02-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
hammer32
TiVo Combat Crew

Quote:
Is guide data on D* different? I have a THD.

I did an SP identical to yours with keyword and sports: soccer and it finds the Arsenal/Pool replays in upcoming programs along with replays of past games. Are you certain you have Arsenal as keyword and not title keyword?

All on Fox Soccer HD. Perhaps try removing the Sports: Soccer and see if it at least finds the Arsenal games by keyword. Then perhaps you can try Sports: Sports Event to filter out any unwanted programming
Yeah, nothing in the Title Keywords. Deleting the Sports:Soccer category finds the matches, so this mornings guide listing definitely displayed that category (and should have auto recorded), the upcoming matches also show the same category but are not found when a category is included.

So my other soccer wish lists also reflect the same issue. Womens World Cup, FC Dallas and LA Galaxy wishlists that specify Sports:Soccer as a category now list no upcoming programs, despite the matches properly reflecting those categories. These wishlists previously recorded the matches just fine. This would appear to be a bug - perhaps just on the THR22...

Sony SVR-2000 SA
TiVo Series 2 SA
TiVo Series 3 HD

Last edited by hammer32 : 09-02-2012 at 02:35 PM.