TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
UCLABB

Audio issue

This is a little OT, but I'm hoping someone here can help. I have an optical audio connection from my Premiere to my Sony receiver and Component vid to the TV. (Using the TiVo HDMI output for something else.) Receiver is set for DD. Sound is fine on all cable channels and every broadcast channel except two. As far as I know these two channels are both in DD, at least it says so on the info screen. One is NBC (Los Angeles). I can actually get all of the Olympics audio with the TiVo set to DD, but very few of the commercials. But for most other NBC programs I am forced to go into the TiVo settings and switch to PCM which is a pain in the butt.

Any suggestions or explanations?
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

This is an odd situation. I suggest temporarily severing the HDMI connection and see if the symptoms continue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
chimerax

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLABB View Post
This is a little OT, but I'm hoping someone here can help. I have an optical audio connection from my Premiere to my Sony receiver and Component vid to the TV. (Using the TiVo HDMI output for something else.) Receiver is set for DD. Sound is fine on all cable channels and every broadcast channel except two. As far as I know these two channels are both in DD, at least it says so on the info screen. One is NBC (Los Angeles). I can actually get all of the Olympics audio with the TiVo set to DD, but very few of the commercials. But for most other NBC programs I am forced to go into the TiVo settings and switch to PCM which is a pain in the butt.

Any suggestions or explanations?
As far as I know the trouble lies with the mode of transmission by the particular channel (NBC). They may have transmitted the Olympics in DD mode and other programs in PCM mode. The PCM transmission mode is better than DD mode. Maybe the info screen is not updated. I donít think it as an issue with TiVo.
chimerax is offline   Reply With Quote