TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
emphasis

Desktop Software + tech assistance required

I used desktop plus for sometime on Tivo HD Model TCD652160 without problems. Then little by little it did not perform properly. Finally it no longer worked. After many months and hours and hours on phone with Tivo support, TIVO replaced my device with a Model Premeire TCD 746320. After setup and re installing desktop plus, there was no change.

It has been almost a year since this was reported and Tivo's most recent response was "try a non-supported tivo alternative software.!

I primarily use the software for transferring video files and photos FROM my computer TO tivo device. When one gos to My Shows or Videos and Photos, one should see a line showing 'xyz' 's PC or 'xyz' PC Photos or Music. (or similar. I get nothing. It does not display my PC on the net work. We have tested the network and it is fine. There are no other problems with my computer (windows 7 Office, AMD 64.

Frankly I previously attempted to install pyTivo but was not successful. I recently tried again and had the same result. I did install the Pyrhon software, but am lost with how to install the pyTivo. I've tried manually, self-installeres, etc etc. There just seems to be so much technical out there I find it confusing.

Any suggestions, help,comments welcomed.

Jerry
emphasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
windracer
joined the 10k club

Are you using Bonjour or the TiVo Beacon for TiVo Desktop? You can check this under Services > TiVo Server Properties, Network tab. Try switching to the other method and see if that helps.

For pyTiVo, have you checked out the installation instructions for Windows in the wiki?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Also, on Wn7 I recommend not installing pyTiVo in the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder system. This will avoid problems that can occur when editing the pyTivo.conf file.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
emphasis

PyTivo

WIndracer and DLFL - thanks for your responses. I have tried several times to install PyTivo without success. Though I have tried to follow your advice and instructions for installation, I am sure that I am just overlooking something.

I'm really hopeful that I can get pytivo installed.

Jerry
emphasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

With Windows 7, could it be possible that you have to run the PyTivo installer "as administrator"?

One of these days (I'm a procrastinator) I'm going to try installing PyTivo, so I want to get all of my ducks in a row.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Also, on Wn7 I recommend not installing pyTiVo in the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder system. This will avoid problems that can occur when editing the pyTivo.conf file.
Yeah, that's a problem for both kmttg and pyTivo. My approach was to just put my kmttg folder in my Documents folder and then make the pyTivo folder a sub-folder under kmttg. Then all I had to do was fire up kmttg and enter the correct file paths for pyTivo under the configuration tab.