TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
peaston
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3
Arrow iTiVo and Mountain Lion

Has anyone upgraded to mountain lion 10.8?
I have it on a dev machine and it breaks iTiVo!

Pete
peaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
jshore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
I just upgraded last night and saw immediately that iTiVo was broke. I was able to actually get it to launch ok and see my Tivo by trying this in the terminal:

http://code.google.com/p/itivo/issues/detail?id=198

But when i tried transferring a show, it said it was gonna take something like 55, 843 hours... i left it alone for about 45 minutes and it stopped on its own. I checked the file it hand transferred and it got about 19 minutes of a 30 minute show.

Does anybody use Tivo Transfer that is a part of Toast? Is that still part of Toast as of 11? Just wondering if i need to go to that now?
jshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
bill gerstein
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
same problem

I just upgraded to mountain lion and can no longer use itivo. Are there alternatives? I once tried Toast. That was a nightmare.
bill gerstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
Dark Helmet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshore View Post
Does anybody use Tivo Transfer that is a part of Toast? Is that still part of Toast as of 11? Just wondering if i need to go to that now?
I still use TiVo Transfer (still comes with Toast 11), but ONLY for the transfer; I use my own program for the conversion (which uses tivodecode, MPEG Streamclip, and Handbrake for the hard stuff).

I used to use Toast, but they (Roxio) basically gave up on TiVo support; if you bring a TiVo file into Toast the editor locks up and their tech support didn't care when I tried to work the problem with them.

Last edited by Dark Helmet : 07-27-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: clarified support issues
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
jshore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
well, i am in the process of trying Tivo Transfer (from Toast).... but so far unable to get it to see my TiVos on my home network. Even with Mountain Lion, iTivo sees my Tivos, and each of my 3 tivos can see the other tivos on my network, and transfer/stream shows between them. But for some reason my Tivos don't show up at all. And dealing with Roxio/Corel customer support is a joke. Their big suggestion was for me to take the Tivo Transfer from my dock into the trash, and launch from the applications folder. (Hello, Tivo Transfer in my dock is just an alias for the one in my apps folder!)

Anyway, giving it one more try tonight then getting a refund.

But i really need an alternative - one of the things i love about tivo is transferring shows to my iMac (and then to my iPad)....
jshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
Dark Helmet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshore View Post
well, i am in the process of trying Tivo Transfer (from Toast).... but so far unable to get it to see my TiVos on my home network. Even with Mountain Lion, iTivo sees my Tivos, and each of my 3 tivos can see the other tivos on my network, and transfer/stream shows between them. But for some reason my Tivos don't show up at all. And dealing with Roxio/Corel customer support is a joke. Their big suggestion was for me to take the Tivo Transfer from my dock into the trash, and launch from the applications folder. (Hello, Tivo Transfer in my dock is just an alias for the one in my apps folder!)
I can't really defend Roxio customer support, but at least the TiVo Transfer app works for me. Just curious ... do you have the latest update of Toast? There were problems with newer TiVos, but at least those got fixed. If TiVo support people are reading this, could you communicate up the chain that Toast essentially DOES NOT WORK and TiVo shouldn't recommend it as a Mac solution?

I think you will discover that the REST of Toast, however, is an Epic Fail when it comes to TiVo support; the editor is terrible and locks up for me all of the time. Even when it does work it's still lousy.

If you're willing to be adventurous (and maybe compile a program or two) I'd be willing to supply the program I use to do transcoding on my Mac. You'll need tivodecode, AtomicParsley, MPEG Streamclip, and Handbrake (HandbrakeCLI, actually). All of those are free (but MPEG Streamclip needs a $20 library from Apple). PM me if you're interested.
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
jshore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
I can't really defend Roxio customer support, but at least the TiVo Transfer app works for me. Just curious ... do you have the latest update of Toast? There were problems with newer TiVos, but at least those got fixed. If TiVo support people are reading this, could you communicate up the chain that Toast essentially DOES NOT WORK and TiVo shouldn't recommend it as a Mac solution?

I think you will discover that the REST of Toast, however, is an Epic Fail when it comes to TiVo support; the editor is terrible and locks up for me all of the time. Even when it does work it's still lousy.

If you're willing to be adventurous (and maybe compile a program or two) I'd be willing to supply the program I use to do transcoding on my Mac. You'll need tivodecode, AtomicParsley, MPEG Streamclip, and Handbrake (HandbrakeCLI, actually). All of those are free (but MPEG Streamclip needs a $20 library from Apple). PM me if you're interested.
Appreciate the offer but i know nothing of compiling programs and whatnot. I'm one of those mac nerds who is so into apple because everything is (relatively) easy. I believe i am using latest version of toast since i just purchased it 2 days ago and downloaded it. I used to use TIvo Transfer back in Toast 9 (before i discovered iTivo) and it was fine. So i'd be ok if the darn thing would just see my Tivos on the network...
jshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
Johncv
Registered User
 
Johncv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaston View Post
Has anyone upgraded to mountain lion 10.8?
I have it on a dev machine and it breaks iTiVo!

Pete
Remember ANY program using Mountain Lion must use 64-bit code. Any program using 32-bit code will no longer run on Mountain Lion. All 32-bit code was remove from Mountain Lion.
__________________
Johncv

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
WDWPassholder
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Does Mountain Lion work with kmttg ?

Does kmttg use itivo under the covers? I know it packages up stuff like projectx and other tools to accomplish the various tasks.

I have been searching the internet before actually trying to download or install Mountain Lion. Continue to use Lion for now. Seems like several MAC software programs are releasing updates, but trying to understand the compatibility of tools that are unix, java, or other software based is tiring.

I saw some information about X11 no longer being part of Mountain Lion, does itivo or kmttg rely on that? I followed link (xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/) to try installing the separate x11 that apple suggests is needed with Mountain Lion, but was not really sure if it was needed for kmttg processing.

I also searched kmttg doc on google without finding a clear answer yet, so I left a question on the install MAC OS X page (code.google.com/p/kmttg/wiki/mac_osx_installation)
WDWPassholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #10
Dark Helmet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncv View Post
Remember ANY program using Mountain Lion must use 64-bit code. Any program using 32-bit code will no longer run on Mountain Lion. All 32-bit code was remove from Mountain Lion.
That's not exactly true. There's no longer a 32-bit KERNEL, so 32-bit kernel extensions won't work. But 32-bit userspace applications should work fine (assuming they don't depend on 32-bit kernel extensions).

It looks like one of the problems with iTiVo is that it uses a program called "mDNS" which no longer exists in Mountain Lion.
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #11
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWPassholder View Post
Does kmttg use itivo under the covers?
No.

Quote:
I saw some information about X11 no longer being part of Mountain Lion, does itivo or kmttg rely on that?
No.

kmttg GUI should run AFAIK (but I don't own a Mac so can't guarantee it) and if the 32 bit helper applications like ffmpeg, etc. still run then there should be no problems.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
jshore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
Ugh, this is frustrating. I even tried KMTTG and got all the parts installed and entered my MAK, but it's not seeing any of my Tivos either. I have no firewalls that i know of set up on my router... and i've tried shutting down, restarting cable modem, router, iMac, and all tivos. i've reinstalled toast 11 (and thrown away plst files). But the only app that can even see any of my tivos is iTivo (it sees my living room elite).... and when i transfer a show in iTivo i only get about 18 minutes of it and it stops.

i'm really hoping i haven't just lost the ability to transfer shows from tivo to my iMac/itunes. Love taking shows on the go on my iPad....
jshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
Dark Helmet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshore View Post
i'm really hoping i haven't just lost the ability to transfer shows from tivo to my iMac/itunes. Love taking shows on the go on my iPad....
You know, you don't actually need KMTTG or iTiVo to do the transfers for you; you can use a web browser to simply connect to your TiVo and download the files yourself (still have to transcode them, of course).

If you don't happen to know your TiVo's name or IP address on your local network, they should show up under Bonjour in the "Collections" sidebar of Safari.
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #14
jshore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
You know, you don't actually need KMTTG or iTiVo to do the transfers for you; you can use a web browser to simply connect to your TiVo and download the files yourself (still have to transcode them, of course).

If you don't happen to know your TiVo's name or IP address on your local network, they should show up under Bonjour in the "Collections" sidebar of Safari.
I tried entering the IP address of two of my TiVos, and got the attached "Congratulations" message screen but nothing else? (Not sure if the image attachment worked). It basically tells me all the wonderful things i can do with an internet-connected tivo, but i can't click anywhere to do anything. I looked under Collections and only see history, Bookmarks Bar and Bookmarks Menu... if you have any mountain lion step-by-step directions to transfer and then encode (handbrake?) i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!


jshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
Dark Helmet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshore View Post
I tried entering the IP address of two of my TiVos, and got the attached "Congratulations" message screen but nothing else? (Not sure if the image attachment worked). It basically tells me all the wonderful things i can do with an internet-connected tivo, but i can't click anywhere to do anything. I looked under Collections and only see history, Bookmarks Bar and Bookmarks Menu... if you have any mountain lion step-by-step directions to transfer and then encode (handbrake?) i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Sure. First, connect using https, e.g:

https://256.256.256.256

Log in with a username of "tivo" and a password of your MAK (since you had iTiVo working, I am assuming you know where to get that from).

You should then see a web page which shows what you have on your TiVo. For each program you'll have the option to either download a MPEG-PS (Program Stream) or MPEG-TS (Transport Stream). You want the Program Stream.

Then, you have to decrypt it with a program called "tivodecode". You can find binaries by Googling (you could also get it from MacPorts), but it's a command-line tool. It's not hard to use (but I am used to that sort of thing). That decrypts it from the TiVo format into a MPEG stream that a lot of programs can handle.

At this point I use MPEG Streamclip to edit the file to remove commercials; this step is optional.

You can then use Handbrake to convert the file. Just open the MPEG stream file with Handbrake; it has presets for a bunch of different Apple devices so that should make it easy. Then you have to open it with iTunes to import it, and once you do THAT, you should be able to transfer it to your iPad.

The program I was talking about earlier that I wrote automates these steps; it's still command line, but it just removes some of the tedium. Thinking more about it, the only thing I had to compile myself was Atomic Parsley (which I use for metadata tagging).
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #16
jshore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Sure. First, connect using https, e.g:

https://256.256.256.256

Log in with a username of "tivo" and a password of your MAK (since you had iTiVo working, I am assuming you know where to get that from).

You should then see a web page which shows what you have on your TiVo. For each program you'll have the option to either download a MPEG-PS (Program Stream) or MPEG-TS (Transport Stream). You want the Program Stream.

Then, you have to decrypt it with a program called "tivodecode". You can find binaries by Googling (you could also get it from MacPorts), but it's a command-line tool. It's not hard to use (but I am used to that sort of thing). That decrypts it from the TiVo format into a MPEG stream that a lot of programs can handle.

At this point I use MPEG Streamclip to edit the file to remove commercials; this step is optional.

You can then use Handbrake to convert the file. Just open the MPEG stream file with Handbrake; it has presets for a bunch of different Apple devices so that should make it easy. Then you have to open it with iTunes to import it, and once you do THAT, you should be able to transfer it to your iPad.

The program I was talking about earlier that I wrote automates these steps; it's still command line, but it just removes some of the tedium. Thinking more about it, the only thing I had to compile myself was Atomic Parsley (which I use for metadata tagging).

First off, thanks for your help...making a bit of progress here. Was able to login with tivo and MAK... and downloading a test file...

still a little unclear on tivodecode. I have both that and kmttg downloaded... just not sure how to point them to the file i will want decoded. (And handbrake won't just do this from the file i am downloading via ip address, right?)...

again, thanks for your help, and apologies for my lack of knowledge on all things terminal-related! :-)
jshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #17
jshore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshore View Post
First off, thanks for your help...making a bit of progress here. Was able to login with tivo and MAK... and downloading a test file...

still a little unclear on tivodecode. I have both that and kmttg downloaded... just not sure how to point them to the file i will want decoded. (And handbrake won't just do this from the file i am downloading via ip address, right?)...

again, thanks for your help, and apologies for my lack of knowledge on all things terminal-related! :-)
PS i have roxio toast 11 - can i use that to translate the file for iTunes?
jshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #18
Dark Helmet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshore View Post
still a little unclear on tivodecode. I have both that and kmttg downloaded... just not sure how to point them to the file i will want decoded. (And handbrake won't just do this from the file i am downloading via ip address, right?)...
Handbrake doesn't know about any TiVo specific stuff; you need it decrypted first, and tivodecode really is the only choice here.

You're going to have to do this from a Terminal window. If you run "tivodecode" without any arguments it will tell you what the options are. You probably want something like:

Code:
tivodecode -mak YOUR-MAK-HERE --out file.mpeg file.TiVo
If you've never done anything from a Terminal window before ... well, I suspect it will be tough going. I hope you won't be offended if I don't go into a complete Unix command line tutorial; that would take a long time.

Quote:
PS i have roxio toast 11 - can i use that to translate the file for iTunes?
Maybe. Back when I used it you could press the "Toast it" button from TiVo Transfer and it would incorporate it into Toast. From what I could tell Tivo Transfer doesn't do the TiVo decryption itself, Toast handles it all. So maybe if you point Toast at a downloaded TiVo file the right thing will happen (I'm assuming you entered your MAK into Toast at some point). But be warned ... the editor in Toast basically doesn't work with TiVo files. If that doesn't bother you then maybe it will be sufficient for your needs.
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
jshore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Handbrake doesn't know about any TiVo specific stuff; you need it decrypted first, and tivodecode really is the only choice here.

You're going to have to do this from a Terminal window. If you run "tivodecode" without any arguments it will tell you what the options are. You probably want something like:

Code:
tivodecode -mak YOUR-MAK-HERE --out file.mpeg file.TiVo
If you've never done anything from a Terminal window before ... well, I suspect it will be tough going. I hope you won't be offended if I don't go into a complete Unix command line tutorial; that would take a long time.



Maybe. Back when I used it you could press the "Toast it" button from TiVo Transfer and it would incorporate it into Toast. From what I could tell Tivo Transfer doesn't do the TiVo decryption itself, Toast handles it all. So maybe if you point Toast at a downloaded TiVo file the right thing will happen (I'm assuming you entered your MAK into Toast at some point). But be warned ... the editor in Toast basically doesn't work with TiVo files. If that doesn't bother you then maybe it will be sufficient for your needs.
Once again, thanks for all your helpful suggestions! I think the terminal is best suited for those who know what the heck they are doing, not pseudo-nerds like me.

So here's what worked...

went to my https:IPADDRESS and signed in with "tivo" and MAK... was able to transfer the file per your instructions. I dragged that file into Toast 11, and it converted it just fine. It dropped it into iTunes, and i just copied over to my iPad. While this is a bit more of a pain in the @ss than using iTivo, at least it works! (Again, once fall tv shows start back up there will be plenty of shows i will want to transfer and take on my iPad to the gym.)

Thanks again for all your help!
jshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #20
herbman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncv

Remember ANY program using Mountain Lion must use 64-bit code. Any program using 32-bit code will no longer run on Mountain Lion. All 32-bit code was remove from Mountain Lion.
This is not true.
herbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #21
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 17,243
Sorry, I haven't read this thread in full (I found it while searching for the kmttg thread).

I used to use iTivo.. kmttg is MUCH easier to use (though it is java interface)... and much more reliable in general.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 PM   #22
javabird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 740
kmttg is still working in Mountain Lion (although I disagree that it's easier to use than iTivo).
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #23
WDWPassholder
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
It is encouraging seeing that you, javabird, have kmttg working under Mountain Lion. Did you need to make any changes to get it to work?

I have the standard download from kmttg, version v0p8r. I see that there is a newer version available, v0p8t. Wondering if it matters, do I need to install newest version first ?
WDWPassholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #24
WDWPassholder
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Previously I did not realize there was a separate thread just for kmttg (Thread= New program for 1 step TTG downloads, decryption, encoding - kmttg). Guessing that is the better spot for me to be posting my specific questions about kmttg compatibility with Mountain Lion.

There were several good suggestions in this thread though that I wanted to say - Thanks! Troubleshooting tips like being able to use the browser if all else fails to verify connection to Tivo will probably push me to try Mountain Lion sooner than I otherwise would have.

Wanted to also respond to questions in this thread about Roxio Toast. I first tried Titanium version 11 and really wanted a simple solution that worked. If that product had worked successfully consistently, I never would have been looking on the internet for alternatives. Probably the most successful part of that tool set for me was the Tivo Transfer. But as stated elsewhere, that package has issues and seemed to lack the vendor support it deserved. Editting of video within Toast would always eventually get hung up if I tried doing multiple edits without logging out of the tool. I have plenty of power on my iMac (Core i7, upgraded to 16 Gb ram), so I expected software would not have issues. It seemed that kmttg was the next best option for me to try. I do not want to have to dig into the setup if I can avoid it. I have some issues with kmttg not completely processing my video files from my Tivo, but have learned how to reprocess the few that have issues, so it has been a much better alternative to Toast for me.

Last edited by WDWPassholder : 07-31-2012 at 10:47 AM.
WDWPassholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #25
Fofer
༺♥༻
 
Fofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 69,984
TC CLUB MEMBER
I found some fixes mentioned here:

Quote:
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/dns-sd /usr/bin/mDNS
in Terminal is a quick workaround.

In addition, in curlSize.pl, add another <CURLFILE>; while the file is open. This should get it in sync.
http://code.google.com/p/itivo/issues/detail?id=198
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #26
javabird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWPassholder View Post
It is encouraging seeing that you, javabird, have kmttg working under Mountain Lion. Did you need to make any changes to get it to work?

I have the standard download from kmttg, version v0p8r. I see that there is a newer version available, v0p8t. Wondering if it matters, do I need to install newest version first ?
I have version v0p8t, which I upgraded from a previous version v0p8l. I had it installed and working on Lion before I upgraded to Mtn Lion.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #27
Dark Helmet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWPassholder View Post
Wanted to also respond to questions in this thread about Roxio Toast. I first tried Titanium version 11 and really wanted a simple solution that worked. If that product had worked successfully consistently, I never would have been looking on the internet for alternatives. Probably the most successful part of that tool set for me was the Tivo Transfer. But as stated elsewhere, that package has issues and seemed to lack the vendor support it deserved. Editting of video within Toast would always eventually get hung up if I tried doing multiple edits without logging out of the tool.
Yeah, I ran into the EXACT same issues. Talk about frustrating ... the official TiVo-recommended total is almost completely non-functional. It literally got worse in EVERY new version, and it never worked well even when it was functional. Like you said, the only thing that works worth a damn is TiVo Transfer. It's too bad; if it did work right I'd be happy with it even with the issues like the lousy metadata support. Well, at least now with the open-source tools I can get high definition video on my iPad which is pretty sweet.

The issue I had with kmttg was that it wasn't really set up to do manual commercial editing (it can use VideoReDo, but that's Windows only). The version of comskip for the Mac is an emulated version of the Windows program; I tried compiling it myself so it could run natively, but I realized that it wasn't very portable and I got the impression that the author wasn't interested in fixing that. So that's why I wrote my own Perl program to automate my workflow.
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #28
javabird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 740
I agree the editing feature never worked in Toast. The last version of Toast I used was v.9 and I really liked the Tivo transfer tool, but it broke in Lion. iTivo was great to use, as it was drop-dead simple. kmttg works satisfactory for com skip but it's not perfect. If it's something I care about, I use MPEG streamclip for editing -- I haven't tried MPEG Streamclip since Mtn Lion, i hope it still works
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #29
tspofford
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16
iTivo and Mountain Lion

This thread seems to have devolved into a discussion of Toast and some unix approaches. I'm happy for and can use the latter, after a little bit of refreshing my memory, but wonder if an iTiVo fix is available yet or on the way. Thanks.
tspofford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #30
javabird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 740
Per the previous posts, iTivo is currently not working in Mountain Lion.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |