TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
dlcrow

Technical problem during the authorization of this device

I had a hardware failure on one of my TiVo Premiere boxes and have received a replacement from TiVo.

I know that I need to get the CableCARD re-paired with the TiVo, so I navigated to the "Cisco CableCARD/Host ID Screen" of the CableCARD menu. When I select this option, instead of the host id being displayed, I get the message

There was a technical problem during the authorization of this device. Please
contact the retailer

I called TiVo Support, and in an unusual experience, I didn't get the best of help. Their only suggestion was that some CableCARDs don't pair well with some TiVo's, so I should get a new card and give that a try.

I tried Time Warner Austin support and was connected with their Level 3 help desk which is very knowledgeable about CableCARDs, and they indicate that there is nothing that they can do without a host id.

The only other clue I can find in all of the CableCARD menu screens is that in the 2nd page of the CP Info menu, there is a line

Refresh Satus: Invalid Host_ID

which aligns with what I would expect.

Any thoughts of any other place in the CableCARD menus where the host id is displayed?
dlcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
mchief
Morey

If the CC was previously pared with the old Tivo, it must be unpared or deauthorized and then repared. The cable co should know that, if you told them the CC was from a previous Tivo and had been pared.